Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#176 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by epicperson8987
You could use testingcheats and delete all the animals and tourists/paparazzi.

Unless of course you have Nraas and it puts them back.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 2:06 AM
Some of the seed spawners are basically in the ocean and I can't collect them. Does anyone have a solution?
Test Subject
#178 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avalikia
I've decided to play this for a second time, and this time I'm blogging it so I thought that I'd share:
1.1 - Welcome to the Island

How is your blog not famous? Want me to advertise on my sims blog? I just got 20,000+ views today. I'm inspired by you for my
new blog! *follows blog* Keep on going! I'm KaiRanCutie by the way!
Test Subject
#179 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gurra09
I wonder if there is some way to make the world not to spawn paparazzis, wild animals and such...

Use nraas Register mod. I saw a youtuber use it on this challenge to make the animals and paparazzi go away
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 1:12 PM
I am combining this challenge with perfect genetics! This is so cool..
Test Subject
#181 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 5:41 PM
I just started this challenge and made my first LP. I like it so far! I think its a good challenge for a beginner like me who has never done a challenge before. Here's a link to my LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lql...Pr1ZBq3IO4luFJw Thanks for coming up with this! Ive already played enough in one day to make tons more LPs! lol!
Test Subject
#182 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 5:48 PM
I've been having trouble getting a spouse, because I don't have university or world adventures..
Test Subject
#183 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 7:22 PM
Onto the third generation and I love this challenge. However, I find that I am getting bored and everything is becoming tedious on the island. I threw in a love triangle between sisters and an imaginary friend made real to spice things up a bit but I can't do much with that in the confines of the island.I have one boy (from the sister #1) and twin girls (from sister #2); all toddlers which take up a lot of time.

Any suggestions on how to liven it up?
Test Subject
#184 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 2:41 AM
I started this a second time, and have gotten a lot further than I did the first time. Not sure if I'm adding my pictures to this post right, but I have attached a picture of my house, one of my starting sim, Larissa, and one of her husband teaching her heir how to walk. She has two other daughters, both children, and is pregnant again (oops ), but her heir is Edward, the toddler. She met her husband at University, and he has been traveling to Egypt and China. Larissa fishes, her husband paints, the oldest daughter snorkels, the other cleans (is useless ), and the heir "will" be an inventor He got the eccentric trait.

This is the link to my youtube page where I have videos of myself playing this challenge : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv...9KjSue494w/feed
Screenshots
Test Subject
#185 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 9:47 AM
I have two questions.
One- for the traveling abroad/uni restrictions, does that reset per sim?
Two- is the world on the exchange?
Test Subject
#186 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LostSimmer
I have two questions.
One- for the traveling abroad/uni restrictions, does that reset per sim?
Two- is the world on the exchange?

The restrictions are per sim, yes. Each sim can either go abroad or university following the rules, and as far as the world. I just downloaded it here.
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:37 PM
I started this challenge at the end of last year but stopped after a while and forgot all about it until now. Found some screenies from that game and thought to share them here.

My founder was lucky enough to have a meteor hit the island in the first week (I think it was the second or third day, even), which obliterated everything except for a kitchen counter.

Before long she had just enough money to go to Shang Simla and came back pregnant. I don't know why but out of all the other saves I've ever played, this is my all-time favourite baby crib.

She had it pretty rough most of the time and would get so lonely that she'd talk to the fridge and mailbox.

Her son got into painting and, although I'd seen this particular painting before in other saves, seeing it turn up this time was just perfect. It's the only painting I kept in their house.

They eventually had a three-storey house - the bedrooms were up top to catch the breeze, the kitchen was in the basement, to keep the food storage cool (the weather was in my mind, alright?) and their general living area was in between and fairly open to the elements. I was a bit worried that another meteor may rain down flaming death upon them while they slept so ended up adding a second level to the basement for the bedrooms instead.

I'd become so attached to those two sims that I didn't want to change their dynamic by starting on the next generation, so I sort of put it to the side then unthinkingly deleted it months later. I'll have to start this challenge again some time as it was incredibly fun and engrossing.
Test Subject
#188 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duckjob
Wow - life on a 10x10 island lot. Very cool!
actualy it is slitly bigger, the lot is 10 by 10 but i think the island itself is 12 by 12, just thout i menchened it
Test Subject
#189 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 7:40 PM
my sim can't go live together with her husbend without staying in china
Test Subject
#190 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 11:22 PM Last edited by MagicPocket : 8th Aug 2014 at 12:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Amber<3
my sim can't go live together with her husbend without staying in china

Testingcheatsenabled true

Shift+click Sim > Add to Household or whatever the option is.

--

I saw this challenge months ago but couldn't do it due to a slow computer, well the game wouldn't start period but I digress. I got a new desktop and I decided to hit up this challenge while I await the release of TS4. I have deviated a bit and cheated a bit more.

Enter Andrea Primark. She's a bit of a tomboy with traits like Brave, Loner, Green Thumb, Artist, and Family Oriented. I built her a little shanti for her bathroom necessities the kitchenette outdoors on the adjacent wall. (Advice to simmers, if you like to look at pretty shiny appliances and decorative wallpapers, the design tool is free an makes your house, depending on your creativity, go from trashy to fabulous with some patience.)

I debugged and purchased her a tent also hit the mailbox to try to make the zombies not appear -however this didn't work and I ended up having to delete them manually every time the full moon rolls around.

She took to fishing quickly, something about the calm waters soothing the violent memories of her cruise ship sinking. Gardening soon followed, planting all the lettuce she could just like her mother showed her when she was young, with a gentle touch and a soft voice. Talking to her plants helped ease her mind, soon she was planting mandrake and wolfbane, etc. Andrea was taken back to the days of helping her dad around the house, all the cheap appliances broke down quickly. Before she knew it time had passed by fast.

At this point I froze age progression so I could work on her skills, earn a bit more cash, and fullfil her aspirations. Which, at times, included deleting negative moodlets, etc. I lost track of time myself and before I knew it she'd mastered Handiness, Fishing, Painting, and on her way to mastering cooking at about five weeks in. In retrospect most of that time was in fast forward while I saw over her tasks. She wanted to learn guitar, so she did. She wanted to learn charisma, so she did. About halfway on each now. The first few weeks she made a couple of bucks on fish and produce but started really earning on paintings.

Continuing on the cheating train, I was irritated that half of the space rocks ended up underwater and I reachable even by moveobjects so i set up a couple of spawns. I've sold maybe four soulpieces a couple of common gems, a dozen wildflowers, and two butterflies. I've planted a bunch of unknown seeds but after what seems like a year of growing I still have no idea what they are.

After about seven weeks I decided to send her to France. I love the idea of marrying her to a French man, despite having an opportunity thing to go relieved something in China -also I've been to China and Egypt in other saves about a million times since they are less costly.

After four rotation of seasons of talking only to plants she seemed to fall in love with just about every man she greeted on the streets of Champs, unfortunately most were married with their significant other not far behind. After finally meeting seemingly the only male bachelor in the village at the little cafe they hit it off. They quickly became best friends in the two short days they were together. While he went home for the night I took her to a tomb for more valuables, without the sun she unknowingly spent the night into the following night in its maze. When she emerged early that morning I sent her to harvest some grapes to plant on her island and to gather what I could from the little cafe and bookstore to take home. I left off with her trying to draw out the last few hours of her visit with him before her pontoon plane takes off for her little island paradise. Will she have enough time to ask him to join her?

So far I have accumulated around 35,000 simoleons after her vacation. Not sure how, but not once did I use a money cheat.
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 10:27 PM
I just started this challenge this week and I am really loving it. For those who want to follow along I am doing a daily blog on the in game days events. I'm only on day 5. My blog is going to get really interesting as I manipulate the characters! hehehe!! Check out the pics I have included with it.

http://www.thesims3.com/myBlog.html?persona=bmit04

BMIT04
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avalikia
I've decided to play this for a second time, and this time I'm blogging it so I thought that I'd share:
1.1 - Welcome to the Island

me too! and I am loving it! This is so much fun!

http://www.thesims3.com/myBlog.html?persona=bmit04
Test Subject
#193 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 2:37 AM
I started this, and I will be posting the progress on my simblr

future paleontologist
montana state university
Test Subject
#194 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:05 AM
im doing this with the rainbow sims challenge the heir has to be the same fruity color
Test Subject
#195 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:53 AM
I really want to do this challenge... But then I realize the second I see anything i'm just like 'EEHEHUEHEYEHEYEHYEHEHEYFBDYGEBEYFBGDS' and suddenly be lazy. Maybe its because I don't like the loading times of WA, or I simply cannot be bothered to download the map and CAS.... Why must I be so lazy..
No, but really.
Before: I'm gonna do this :D
*Looks at what I have to do*
EEEEEEHHHH
After: But its to much efforrttt
During: Dumb sims! *Game crashes*
Me:...
Then I don't play for a while... Fail.

Insanity:
Doing multiple things the same way and expecting different results.
Isn't that cleaning?

Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
But i'm hungry
And your a birdie
Test Subject
#196 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:49 PM
I'm curious... why is it against the rules to marry mermaids? It seems more realistic than a beached sim managing to travel to china and being willing to travel back...
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 9:41 PM
I'm having so much fun with this challenge. It has really taken on a life of its own. I'm up to post # 31 on my blog. Check it out at bmit04.blogspot.ca
Test Subject
#198 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 1:43 AM
Default Help with DL Midnight Sun Challenge
Hi. I would very much like to play this challenge but I am sure I did somthing wrong when I downloaded it. If you could let me know what I need to do to correctly download it I would be very happy.
Quote: Originally posted by Gurra09
You don't remember much of what happened but the cruise ship sank, your lifeboat broke, and you ended up here. What a lucky life, don't you think?

Welcome to the Midnight Sun Challenge, MSC!

First of all, this challenge is meant to played in a special world, Isle of the Midnight Sun, which is an isolated island and that's what this challenge is meant to be; you are going to be isolated.

There are two versions of the world: version 2 that is base game only, and version 3 made for Island Paradise EP that has a houseboat and scuba diving possibilities. You can have both versions installed in your game at the same time.

Download the world:
v. 2 - Base Game (island version) http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1269.0
v. 3 - Island Paradise (houseboat version) http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=2136.0

To play this challenge it is recommended that you have the World Adventures or University expansion, otherwise it is kind of impossible to finish it without breaking the rules. :P

You begin by creating a new game in the Isle of Midnight Sun, and create a new sim who is young adult or adult. It's up to you what your sim is going to look like and all that, no restrictions. After your sim is done you move them to the isle's only lot, a 10x10 lot worth 13500 simoleons.

This sim is now the beginning of a family whose destiny is to survive on this little island for 5 generations, until the first child of 5th generation turns YA. Your sim is allowed to do whatever they want to in order to earn money, including painting, writing, fishing etc. The only age span allowed is Normal, which with the new Generations patch is considered a life span between 80-100 days in this challenge.

Since there are no other sims in the neighbourhood your sim lives in total isolation. This challenge is created to let your sims live in total isolation, and therefore you are NOT allowed to speak to any mailman or paparazzis showing up on or nearby your lot - this also applies to mermaids on diving lots in v. 3, they are forbidden to socialize with. The restriction also means that you have to travel abroad to either France, China or Egypt to find a partner for your future children since you are not allowed to adopt. Beware though, that a sim is only allowed to go for a vacation three times in their lifetime, and they can visit the same destination no more than two times. So your sim can travel to every destination once, or to one of the destinations twice and another once in order to use up their three vacations. Using NRaas Traveler mod to travel to a non-WA destination is totally ok, and the same rules apply here - 3 trips in total, maximum 2 per destination. If a sim has travelled abroad at least once they may not go to university.

University EP addition: Your sim may go to Sims University instead of travelling abroad to find a partner. University follows the same restrictions as a destination world, which means they may travel there a second time to finish their degree. They can't go for a third time, so if you want them to finish their degree they must do that in two university visits. Attending university totally rules out travelling abroad, which means you are using up all three vacations of that sim by taking them to university. Sims may only get one degree each, no multiple degrees. What's the use of a degree when living on this island, anyway?

Your sims may never during the course of the challenge travel to the future.

An important detail is that everyone born on the lot or married into family must live on the isle and is never allowed to leave it until death takes them elsewhere. The only exception to this is the limited number of vacations allowed. Also, during a sim's childhood you are never allowed to choose their traits, they must be randomized. Do NOT try to send your children to boarding school since there is no possibility for a taxi to pick them up.

At last, no cheats are allowed except for when you need to reset a buggy sim or move something that's in the way with moveobjects. Of course it's up to you if you follow the rules or not for this challenge, but you are not allowed to use mods that changes game conditions for skills, moods etc. If you are unsure whether a mod should be allowed or not, go for whatever you feel is reasonable - after all you are playing your game, not I

If you feel for it you could share your stories anywhere if you want to because it's always fun reading about what's happening in other people's games and if you have any questions - ask them!

If you have Seasons: Due to the island being located on low land the snow doesn't look alright here, and therefore you might want to turn off the snow or the winter season altogether. This is only a recommendation, no need to do it. Snow works better on v. 3 since unlike v. 2 the lot itself isn't located on the low land and won't lead to odd looking snow.

Good luck on the Isle of Midnight Sun! :D

Perfect Genetics-Midnight Sun Challenge
This combination of my two Midnight Sun and Perfect Genetics challenges has grown popular in the Swedish sims community.
In that combination challenge you just follow the rules of both challenges, except for the MSC 5 generations rule, since PG is 10 generations. It's very funny and I do recommend it if you're looking for a really hard but fun challenge!
Test Subject
#199 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 11:21 AM
I cannot install it because its not a raw file help me please!!!!!!
Test Subject
#200 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 12:49 AM
This really is a cool challenge! I started it a while ago, and I'm on my second gen, but when my founder went into labour (for, like the FIFTH time) it glitched out so now it's stuck. It was really sad because I was so far in with a big house and everything!
Page 8 of 14