Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 10:05 PM
Default Make sim kids do homework in their room?
Does anyone know of a mod that makes sim kids do their homework in their room/at a specified desk?

It's annoying to give sim kids a nicely set up homework space and then have them decide to do their homework sitting on the floor of the foyer or on the driveway in the rain or what have you. I know in sims 2 there was a mod to designate a homework place for each sim. Does anyone know anything similar for sims 3?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Controlling the kid, click "sit" in the seat at the desk, then click do homework.

Usually. Sometimes, they'll decide that they don't like the perfectly good desk their sitting at and go sit on the floor somewhere. It also works to take the homework out of their inventory, set it on their desk, and click on it there.

But I'm hoping that someone has written a mod that can make the "do homework" interaction smarter, so I don't have to micromanage every kid every day.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
You don't have to take the homework out. This method works all the time b/c I use it all the time. Simply control the sim, sit in the seat, and click the homework while still in the inventor and click "do homework." You can even queue it. They will always do it at the seat they just sat in, though the animation is stupid b/c they have to get up first and put the homework down.

Theoretically a mod can be created to simply deny sitting on the floor to do hw, that way they will always find a desk. But to find one that specifically targets a desk like a bed, truth is the coding is more complicated and unless it is some die hard modder who has a specific issue with this, it is unlike to find a mod like it.

Of course, if there is one, that's great.

I've definitely had sims get up from the perfectly good desk chair they're sitting in to go do their homework on the floor in another room. I'm glad it always works for you. Personally, I think that it's easier to move the homework from the inventory to the desk. I've done both of those things, and I'm aware that they're options. Thanks.

It wouldn't necessarily occur to me to look for a mod to do this--there certainly wasn't one five or six years ago when I was last actively playing the sims--but people are doing an awful lot of creative stuff with script mods these days, so I thought I'd ask if there was one. A mod for exactly this purpose exists for sims 2, and there's a similar mod for sims 4 (to at least make sims do homework at a desk), so it isn't exactly an unheard of concept.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lytefoot
Does anyone know of a mod that makes sim kids do their homework in their room/at a specified desk?

It's annoying to give sim kids a nicely set up homework space and then have them decide to do their homework sitting on the floor of the foyer or on the driveway in the rain or what have you. I know in sims 2 there was a mod to designate a homework place for each sim. Does anyone know anything similar for sims 3?

I know the mod you were talking about for Sims 2, it was a picture frame or something, can't remember. I also wish someone would do it for S3. My Sims often lift the homework off the desk and take it to the dining table. I'd be interested if you find something and will pass on to you if I find something.

Did you try posting in the various requests forums?
Forum Resident
#7 Old 23rd Dec 2022 at 4:31 PM
Quote:
Usually. Sometimes, they'll decide that they don't like the perfectly good desk their sitting at and go sit on the floor somewhere.

Seems like part of TS3 realism. Plop down on the floor, or outside somewhere and do homework is what kids do. Annoying as heck, but....
Never saw a mod to force children/ teens to do homework at a desk.