Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

GunMod's Camera Mod 3.1 -- All Game Versions --

by GunMod Posted 19th Oct 2005 at 1:00 AM - Updated 28th Sep 2009 at 7:55 AM by -Maylin-

611 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 545 Feedback Posts, 65 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 25
Test Subject
#51 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 1:49 PM
Yeow, I'm now glad I subscribed to this thread xD
Again, awesome work, GunMod, and, I'll download the new version as soon as I get home.xP *Is on her school computer*
But, again, awesome job.

Dr. Lilian Thurman: "The search for God is absurd?"
Donnie:"It is if everyone dies alone."

Karen Pommeroy:"I don't think that you have a clue what it's like to communicate with these kids. We are losing them to apathy... to this prescribed nonsense. They are slipping away."
-Donnie Darko-
Test Subject
#52 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 4:33 PM
Nice improvement :nod:

I can now safely say IMO that although not perfect(more on that later) this is THE BEST Camera Mod EVER.

The problem though is not really much of a biggie. The neigborhood zoom in (+) and zoom out(-) Graphic Interface doesn't work now, although the z and x keys are perfect, it might throw off folks who d/l without reading the instructions (such folks as me).

But then again, it doesn't really bother me that much.

The live and build mode cameras are perfect, and the free camera... we'll let's just say I might actually try to learn making movies now.

Aye...!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 5:15 PM
The answer to the riddle is teeth, right? Great mod, by the way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#54 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FriendlyQuark
The answer to the riddle is teeth, right? Great mod, by the way.

Yeah, Spooky how they float inside the head like that

- GunMod
Freelance Game/Software Designer
GunMod's Forums

Tip to Never Get Lost: Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by propackets
The problem though is not really much of a biggie. The neigborhood zoom in (+) and zoom out(-) Graphic Interface doesn't work now, although the z and x keys are perfect, it might throw off folks who d/l without reading the instructions

I went that way because I feel if your already using the WASD keys, why not use the Z and X near them instead of going all the way to the right side of the keyboard?

As for those not reading... blasphemy I say. May a 1000 hamsters chew on your ears and 1000 chipmunks laugh at you.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 7:32 PM
Gunmod, that's rude! :naughty:
You're discriminating against people with no ears!
Why can't they suffer too?

Karen Pommeroy:"I don't think that you have a clue what it's like to communicate with these kids. We are losing them to apathy... to this prescribed nonsense. They are slipping away."
-Donnie Darko-
Test Subject
#57 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 9:08 PM
Love it thank you....But I can't seem to go from top down view in neighbourhood view. I have printed all 18 pages of this post but I am still in topdown veiw when I load the game..sorry I am very new at game mod so I have no idea how to fix it.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#58 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 9:21 PM
Use t to toggle top-down view.

Quote: Originally posted by Norofel
Gunmod, that's rude! :naughty:
You're discriminating against people with no ears!
Why can't they suffer too?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 3:01 AM Last edited by GunMod : 21st Oct 2005 at 3:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by britroseusa
Love it thank you....But I can't seem to go from top down view in neighbourhood view. I have printed all 18 pages of this post but I am still in topdown veiw when I load the game..sorry I am very new at game mod so I have no idea how to fix it.

Hold down your MIDDLE MOUSE button.
While holding it down, move the mouse UP.

If it still isn't working, then you have some crappy mouse software overriding your mouse middle button function.

If THAT still doesn't work, go to Free Mode, (TAB key) Lower the cam, change it's pitch, then exit Free cam mode.

If THAT doesn't work, Load up a different neighborhood, see if you still have the problem, then reload the "problem" neighborhood

If that doesn't work, remove my mod, restore the default cameras,
Start the game, enter the problem neighborhood.
After seeing if camera is fixed, exit game, reinstall my mod, then go back to problem neighborhood

If THAT doesn't work, final solution I can think of, Delete your My Documents/EA games/the Sims 2/ folder. Restart the sims2 and it will rebuild the defaults.

My camera mod does not "store" camera positions anywhere, thats the game doing that, so if you exit the lot in a wierd position, uninstall the mod, or install a new cam mode, the game will try to keep placing the camera in that wierd position it was in, hence the problem. So it's not really this mods fault.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Test Subject
#60 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 5:18 AM
Thank you so much for the camra fix. This really ROCKS!!
Test Subject
#61 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 7:49 PM
Whoa, Kryten! O_O
That's the username my brother uses on a lot of games!!
Wow o.o;; Weird.

-Donnie Darko-
Field Researcher
#62 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 8:42 PM
GunMod:

One request so far, in live mode, I can not zoom in as close I used to with your old mod, IIRC. Can you increase the zoom so I can get in really close? Thanks!
Field Researcher
#63 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 9:07 PM
I had to come back and thank you so very much, all of the camera changes are working great for me. I have all exp and have had absolutely no problems at all.

Hats off to ya!!!
Instructor
#64 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 2:10 AM
Lol I accidentaly downloaded the default maxis one and the wondered why it didn't work =P
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 10:00 AM
I just downloaded File A and all thats in there is read me's.....ummm is there something im missing? ps....I guess i found what i was supposed to do Sorry :P

Georgia "..I Couldnt Stop Her..That Was My Sin..And This In MY Punishment"
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 2:55 PM
Love it! Perhaps, in a next version, the edges of Neighborhood view can be faded slightly?

MTS2 rocks my socks!

<Inge> is the truth always "cool"?
<Inge> a thing isn't true just cos it's interesting
<tracyshayne> Hi, Inge...you talking to yourself over there?
A quote from the MTS2 chat!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daan1302
Love it! Perhaps, in a next version, the edges of Neighborhood view can be faded slightly?

I wish!

No code exists for fading out neighborhood view.
'Course they never intended for you to see the edges

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 2:09 AM
I must have put done something wrong. The neighborhood is great but when I go to build or play i can only view in top down mode.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#69 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 3:22 AM Last edited by jaxad0127 : 24th Oct 2005 at 3:24 AM. Reason: Better word.
I'm having trouble with the angle and zoom in neighborhood view. Maxis' camera settings have more flexability.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angels1012
I must have put done something wrong. The neighborhood is great but when I go to build or play i can only view in top down mode.

Hit T, sounds like your in top down mode

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Field Researcher
#71 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 2:20 AM
GunMod:

Wondering if you could reply to the message I posted a few days ago? I would like to get zoom back as it was in your old file for live mode. I can not get the old file as you have taken it down in the other thread.

Or was zoom not changed and I have made some mistake installing this new version?

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 4:39 AM
hey gun mod, :wave: i, like everyone else, thank you for this, it's perfect.
one question, is it possible to zoom out further when in the house lot?, i love building stuff, big stuff, and get really frustrated with not being able to see all of the lot from above. or, is there a way to do this, and nobody told me .:jig:

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons
for you are crunchy and taste good with katchup.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 10:03 AM
Yes, but it would distort the image too much. It would get that fisheye lens look.

If you want to adjust your zoom out to be higher, then open LiveCamera.txt and modify this line:
zoom 1 (45 40 25 15 8 3)
That number 45 is the last number for the highest zoom.
Works off of Field of View.
So 45 is 45 degrees.
TO zoom out more change it to a higher number.
I found that it would zap system resources if it zoomed out farther because it has to show more.

- GunMod
GunMod's Forums

Lab Assistant
#74 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 10:19 AM
This is such an amazing mod!
BTW, you really gave me a good laugh with the "riddle"...I was horrified the first time I saw my sims chompers, it was a gruesome site as I was not expecting it. Caught me off guard, but then...I just kept doing it over and over again to see the damned things. I guess I'm a glutton for the unusal.
Cheers for this mod.
-RabidAngel

RabidAngel the Rabies Riddled Girl

You can check out more of my creations at www.simsconnection.com
Space Pony
#75 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 11:44 PM Last edited by Cazkiwi : 26th Oct 2005 at 11:50 PM.
Gunmod, just thought u might like to know.... both a friend and I downloaded the A package today (her cos she never used them, me cos I thought I was updating)... but your OLD cameras I downloaded get closer than these new A ones do.... is there something missing there?
Do you need more info? I'll add some pics? But yeah, your old one definitely gets HEAPS closer - I then sent her my old camera folder with your old ones in it and she got heaps closer too.

I didn't check the B and C cameras tho...
Screenshots

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Page 3 of 25