Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#27701 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodstained_black_lace
If you're running windows 10, it as issues with freeing up ram. There is a very short code you can write that will fix it and clear the standby list. What happpens is that the ram goes into standby, but is never actually freed up for use by the game. You can write a short bit of code to clear this list every 5 minutes or so, and most ram based crashing will stop. Its 3 am, but I can edit this tomorrow with proper instructions on how to do it. Figured it was still worth mentioning as it might be easily searchable in the meantime.

^ You mean the Memory Allocation Fix? The setup is shown here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27702 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
My game keeps crashing....

You could also try WHoward's WhatCausedThis - it might turn up some answers

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#27703 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:33 PM
Question about the Lot Adjuster.

Can you use it on an inhabited lot?
It seems like you can, but didn't say so explicitly in the tutorial I read.

Thanks
Alchemist
#27704 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD

Is this just another way of reading the error log? Maybe, I'm missing something. I don't see anything else it does.
Mad Poster
#27705 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD

Cool, I didn't know about this Should come in handy when the error log doesn't immediately give an idea of what area of mod it might be related to.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#27706 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 8:58 AM
How do I permanently change Sims heights using SimPE? Is it "stretch (dtSingle)" in their age data? I'm trying to make a tall (and chubby) mobster, and create some very subtle minor height variations in my usual playables (like .01-.03 off the default value of 1. Just enough to make them not feel the same height without being so much it seriously screws up kissing, slapping, and other such anims)
Field Researcher
#27707 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
How do I permanently change Sims heights using SimPE? Is it "stretch (dtSingle)" in their age data? I'm trying to make a tall (and chubby) mobster, and create some very subtle minor height variations in my usual playables (like .01-.03 off the default value of 1. Just enough to make them not feel the same height without being so much it seriously screws up kissing, slapping, and other such anims)

https://modthesims.info/t/132248
Alchemist
#27708 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 11:50 PM
Is there a setting I can change in SimPE to set the season of a subhood, including Hobbies and Magic, so that it stays the same all the time the way my main hood does?
Mad Poster
#27709 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Happy to be of service! If you like the mod - and something certainly has to be done about LTA gain if you don't want sims going permaplat before they get their first kiss - you should certainly try out the new one. By the time Cyjon got it fixed I'd gotten used to using No LTA Permaplat, but that's a more extreme solution.

Actually, I found that I had that mod (No LTA Permaplat) in my game already in addition to the one causing the problem! Perhaps it only made my problem worse by having two of the same type of mod in the downloads.
Anyway, I did delete the first one and kept the second. No need to confuse the game any more..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#27710 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz

Thanks

I second this question.
Alchemist
#27711 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 5:59 AM

Thanks

Quote: Originally posted by parrot999
I second this question.

Yes, they may reset, but I've never seen them notice. If you really want to surprise them, use HoodReplace to change their whole world out from under them.
Mad Poster
#27712 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:58 PM

Thanks

I wouldn't use it to shrink an inhabited lot... But, I think enlarging and 'shifting/moving' an inhabited lot should be fine.
They will most likely reset as Sunrader says. I use the LotAdjuster and GridAdjuster on just about every build these days... but, never with sims on the lot. So this is not something I've experienced first hand.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#27713 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 4:43 PM
I've used the LotAdjuster more than once to expand an inhabited lot. (Before doing anything like that I always make a backup copy of the neighbourhood.) One of them was over five years ago in downtown Veronaville, and my Sims are still happily living there.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#27714 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:28 AM
Back from outer space, how are ya'll holding up?

Anything interesting in the TS2 realm I've missed the last two or so years?

Also it's lovely to see some of your familiar faces around here. <3

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
#27715 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 6:39 AM
Can fires start on community lots? What happens if one starts and destroys stuff if you leave and come back?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Theorist
#27716 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 7:30 AM
I think they can? What else would be interesting about the community grills set up everywhere?

Unowned community lots reset upon leaving the lot, so even if it burned down completely, it would become restored when you reload it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27717 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Back from outer space, how are ya'll holding up?

Anything interesting in the TS2 realm I've missed the last two or so years?

Welcome back!
Oh nothing much has happened, just that so many new mods have been made and so much new custom content created. That's all.
Sims 2 is alive and well, lots of people still playing and creating!
Mad Poster
#27718 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 1:47 PM
And by new mods he means huge things like "story progression" if that kind of thing interests you at all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27719 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
And by new mods he means huge things like "story progression" if that kind of thing interests you at all.

Yes, that and also tiny little things like the firstborn effect being fixed, and superduperhug removal made easy. But nothing big...
Forum Resident
#27720 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 3:48 PM
We found the real Bella Goth and Circe Beaker turned out to be racist
Forum Resident
#27721 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 7:14 PM Last edited by parrot999 : 2nd Aug 2021 at 10:01 PM.
Let's see....

The ingame clouds were restored like the sky. Special hood deco has been created to see the cliffs and mountainous grass in lot play for Belladonna Cove and Pleasantview, along with duplicates of the neighborhood map bridges for the same purpose. The beta outdoor shadows were restored, along with a shit ton of other beta mods. Chris Hatch's Hospital mod has been cleaned up of both lewd leftovers in the family friendly version, and the code itself, along with adding new uniforms (I'm not sure whether this counts as a beta feature or not, cuz it is based on beta code but expands it a lot.)

A shit ton of supernatural mods were made by Midge The Tree, including ones that add new supernaturals like playable ghosts, mermaids, playable genies, and fairies, as well as expanding pre-existing occult's abilitie, supernatural farming, choosing your Sims' personal wands, choosing your Sims' personal brooms, and a supernatural transformer that is waaaay better in that it allows you to customize things like whether the overlays show up on a particular sim, and adding overlays from other occults, etc.

Midge and other modders have also made some trans and gender nonconforming mods, as well as a hormone potion. The traits system has been expanded including no jealousy traits, traits that govern the aforementioned new supernaturals, and a bunch of mods for the pre-existing ones. A pethora of non default face templates have been showing up.

Vegan Kaktus has made a bunch of edited EA defaults, which have been a mixed bag (some of them look way too clean or take the charm or artistic intent away from the original design) but a lot of them are straight improvements like their fruit bowl, throwing stick, pizza uniform, and cheap TV. Speaking of pizza, the second EA pizza flavor has had it's code fixed so it shows up sometimes instead of pepperoni.

Some functional Sims 1 object conversions were made like the VR headset, and the skydiving simulator, and the snowboarding halfpipe. Most of Echo's old carnival mods have been updated by various modelers to not look like playdough anymore. I'm not sure if this was from before you left, but the Sims 1 hole in the ground was made functional as a pedestrian portal.

Animation conversions from 4 have found their way into a bunch of mods lately which allows more creativity in that realm. Including for mods that treat aliens like the other occults rather than just funky genetic options...

A new launcher called the RPC launcher released which not only fixes the firstborn syndrome and all randomization code but adds asi mods which dig deep into the game core to make changes previously impossible. Some of those changes including completely different camera controls, tops and bottoms for ALL clothing categories, an asi version of the thumbnail hack which restores the game's pre-AL behavior there, and tons more incoming....

These are just some personal highlights, there are WAAAAAY more! The Sims 2 modding rennaisance is in high gear, I highly suggest you find modding Simblr's on Tumblr, because that's where most of the big stuff has been!

P.S. I almost forgot! Debug tools were discovered on an old Mac version of the game and it has allowed modders to more easily reverse engineer the source code, and as such, there is a project underway to reimplement the game, rewriting it bottom up to fix some of it's fundamental issues and add features! So the best is definitely yet to come!
Forum Resident
#27722 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 3:44 AM
isn't there a way to adjust curtain heights with the [ ] keys? I can't get it to work suddenly
Mad Poster
#27723 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
isn't there a way to adjust curtain heights with the [ ] keys? I can't get it to work suddenly

I've never known curtains to have adjustable height... Did you have a mod that allowed it?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#27724 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I've never known curtains to have adjustable height... Did you have a mod that allowed it?

It's part of AL-adjustable heights for pictures, and curtains is in it.

And yes, you can adjust curtains with the [ or ] brackets. [ is down, and ] is up.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#27725 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It's part of AL-adjustable heights for pictures, and curtains is in it.

And yes, you can adjust curtains with the [ or ] brackets. [ is down, and ] is up.

Thank you I thought so, I wonder why now it won't work
Page 1109 of 1339