Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bodybuilder mesh, or Beosboxboy by Ju - UPDATED 27-08-05: FIXED FILES

by marvine Posted 27th Jul 2005 at 4:03 PM - Updated 23rd Aug 2005 at 8:40 PM by marvine

308 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 301 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 13
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:37 PM Last edited by Mutantbunny : 27th Jul 2005 at 4:54 PM.
Are these any different than those posted in the adult thread? IS this guy....excited?
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:40 PM
i've followed this project from day one. I think you have it perfect now. maybe it's because you have put a lot of heart and soul into it that you still see the flaws that we dont. I think it is a great piece of work
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:52 PM
:wow: I like more the mesh

He is fabulous :jaw:

Magnify work :gidea:

Thanks so much :clap:
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 5:11 PM
Thank you for the comments!

Mutantbunny, there's a reason this one is not on the adult forum - Beosboxboy was pitiless on the incriminating parts :D

But this mesh is more a base for the clothing we're making, that would have no reason to be uploaded on the adult forum.
#6 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 8:36 PM Last edited by Billysim : 27th Jul 2005 at 8:51 PM.
I don't want to sound stupid (but I probably will anyway)
I have downloaded the mesh & all the files to my download folder. Now what? Can't find it in cas or bodyshop. What am I doing wrong? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Billy
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marvine
Thank you for the comments!

Mutantbunny, there's a reason this one is not on the adult forum - Beosboxboy was pitiless on the incriminating parts :D

But this mesh is more a base for the clothing we're making, that would have no reason to be uploaded on the adult forum.

Oh excellent. It kinda bothered me that poor guy walking around like that...no relief in sight.... :P
Instructor
#8 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 9:17 PM
:bow2: I worship you Marvine! :bow2:
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 9:59 PM
Marvine, these are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for all your hardwork, and for sharing it with the rest of us. I would love to see what you have cooked up for the future.

~ Syn
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:20 AM Last edited by Drawboom : 28th Jul 2005 at 1:22 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
And if you don't want to see him reverse to the regular sim body under the shower, I found a way to keep the shape when nude : the skintones uploaded here are linked to matching nude meshes (top + bottom), and work as not default nudes, using the four Maxis colours; only the sims using those skintones will appear muscular when naked.
If you wish to use other textures, you can clone them as usual in Bodyshop, the new custom skintones will be linked to the same meshes.

Holy Moly! That's great news! But, I'm sorry, I know squat about meshing. Can skintones be linked that way to any custom body mesh? Does the fact that this one was created as separates (thanks for that, by the way) have anything to do with it?

"It is better to want what you have than to have what you want" --A Rabbi
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 1:41 AM
:comment: one word for you ~staroids~ dont you think thats TO mussley

i am like the wolf, deep and diffrent. but not evil
Instructor
#12 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thegreatwolfgirl
:comment: one word for you ~staroids~ dont you think thats TO mussley

wolfgirl: I look like that and I don't use steroids, as for too muscley - not even. If I could have 50% more I'd be happy :nana:

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:31 AM
Billysim, I'm sorry to say I have no idea what the problem could be. Maybe you could try downloading again? Nobody else reported any issue yet...

Thegreatwolfgirl? This is a bodybuilder mesh - maybe you'd like my athletic guy mesh HERE better...

Drawbroom, for some cryptic Maxis reason, all the nudes are top + bottom meshes (except babies) - even when there are full body nudes in the game files... If you need those for recolouring purposes, I'll have to repack them with renamed files, I noticed that else it causes conflicts.

And yes, you can link any skintone to any body mesh - I still have to finish the tutorial about that, but you'll find a quick explanation HERE.
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 7:52 AM
It's REALLY great, but is there any possibility that there will be a .zip file to download in the near future?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 11:59 AM
Great Work Marvine! Thank You So Much! Keep Up the Wonderful Work

BIG Hugs!
Instructor
#16 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 12:10 PM Last edited by beosboxboy : 28th Jul 2005 at 12:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pippin5454
It's REALLY great, but is there any possibility that there will be a .zip file to download in the near future?

MTS2's policy is rar or zip but never both -- you can get a great free rar extractor here: http://www.7-zip.org/

Why rar is better than ZIP:

FILE SET: The GIMP 1.2.4 for Windows after full installation (127 subfolders, 1304 files totaling 27,128,826 bytes). The GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It can be downloaded from www.gimp.org.

Archiver..........................Compressed size
WinRAR 3.10............................6004155 WinZIP 10.0..............................9461621
PKZIP 2.50...............................9842800

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 2:52 PM
Better adjusted UV-map : for now, I suspect he's a recolorer's worst nightmare...

*grins* Almost, but then there are ways around everything if you study it close enough. The slashed clothing I did for this wonderful mesh took about 2 weeks of study and trial and error to come up with something that looked ok.
Screenshots

When I'm all alone and blue as can be, dream a little dream of me.
#18 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 3:29 PM
Billysim, I'm sorry to say I have no idea what the problem could be. Maybe you could try downloading again? Nobody else reported any issue yet...

Marvine I figured out the problem. I had the meshes in the downloads folder but in a sub folder. I put them in the root of downloads &it works fine now. Guess these are treated differently than wall's & floor's.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 4:15 PM
its truely good but with all that bodybuilding look his head looks a little small.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 6:45 PM Last edited by jinyc : 28th Jul 2005 at 6:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by wirelessguy
*grins* The slashed clothing I did for this wonderful mesh took about 2 weeks of study and trial and error to come up with something that looked ok.

Wirelessguy, you should be in the great pantheon of design gods alongside BBB and Marvine. Your hard work paid off supremely. All I can say (after salivating) is WOW!

"Staroids"? Well, I will stare at all the "roids" you toss my way!

Billy, just a word of advice: all skin related meshes (regardless) must always be in the main ROOT D/L's folder. Objects, foods, careers etc can all be in sub-folders in the ROOT directory.

Joey

PS: Oops, forgot to ask: Wireless, when can we D/L you fabu skins?
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 8:59 PM
Quote:
The slashed clothing I did for this wonderful mesh took about 2 weeks of study and trial and error to come up with something that looked ok.

Wirelessguy, I'm really sorry for that, and I'm working on it, but I won't post updates for this until I'm honestly satisfied of the results... What bugs me most is that people have already made so many things (maybe not as many as you did :D), and a new uv-map will reduce their efforts to nothing...
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 12:38 AM
Please excuse my virgo for showing, okay? You're correct the animations are not perfect, arm enters body for example. Another thing is this is a great idea but this is something Maxis should be working on. Yes a sim with a "10" body, for example a sim with an athletic career which must max out his body skill should have a body closer to this mesh. But you're having to make special clothing and all this to use this mesh. Let Maxis deal with this. Also another expansion pack is on it's way and are your meshes going to work with the upcoming EP "Nightlife"? If not then the old files will have to be searched and deleted and the new updated meshes will have to downloaded. It's just seems to me that this is too much of a pain to deal with just to have a sim that has a perfect body. And how well does this mesh work if the sim's fitness deteriorates?
I'd just let the designers deal with this and everyone suggest to Maxis to fix this by adding a beter totaly fit body mesh to a maxed body skill. And then all the clothing downloaded will be compatible with a Maxis perfect body sim.

Pcgeekri
Forum Resident
#23 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pckeekri
If not then the old files will have to be searched and deleted and the new updated meshes will have to downloaded. It's just seems to me that this is too much of a pain to deal with just to have a sim that has a perfect body.

i have all my files pretty good organized and if things do need to get deleted
then it wont be a big deal to me. the people who do not have their stuff
organized...they wont have it so easy.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 1:13 AM
You know you don't have to download this mesh if you disagree with the principles around its creation.

Quote: Originally posted by pckeekri
Another thing is this is a great idea but this is something Maxis should be working on. Yes a sim with a "10" body, for example a sim with an athletic career which must max out his body skill should have a body closer to this mesh.

Maxis has limited drive and resources for "niche" projects like this. If they were going to make the fit sims look anything like this, they would have done it already--instead they took a short cut and elected to make fit sims by using a different skin.

Quote:
But you're having to make special clothing and all this to use this mesh.

If I remember what I've read correctly, theoretically, special clothing for body types could be made easily with morph points.

[quote]Also another expansion pack is on it's way and are your meshes going to work with the upcoming EP "Nightlife"?[quote]

How is this different from any other modified mesh clothing? It's not different from longer shorts, new hair, or whatnot. Anything you download that's not made with the official maxis content-making products runs the potential of not working in expansion packs.

The one thing about this mesh that I'm glad about is that there are so many people working on making interchangable parts for it. There have been, so far, five body builder meshes made. This one, I believe, has the most sets of clothing for it done so-far.

--
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jul 2005 at 2:54 AM
Too many muscles? Hush your mouth girl! He's perfect the way he is and a welcome addition to my Sim neighborhoods. And as far as "one word" for him.. perhaps a spellchecker might be worth looking in to. He's gorgeous.
Page 1 of 13