Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bodybuilder mesh, or Beosboxboy by Ju - UPDATED 27-08-05: FIXED FILES

by marvine Posted 27th Jul 2005 at 4:03 PM - Updated 23rd Aug 2005 at 8:40 PM by marvine

308 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 301 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 13
Forum Resident
#51 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wirelessguy
PHP files? Beosboxboy did write a solution so you could get the package file instead of a php file, if that option did show up. I believe its located in the computer help section of GSC2.

Cheers,

wirelessguy

Wirelessguy, no complaints. I was originally confused by the PHP files but BBB's explanation worked and I did all of the files by right clicking until my wrist was limper than usual. I just love you guys!
Instructor
#52 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 3:10 AM
Okay... I have tried to see where things are going wrong for Haro and Wilhelmina in the underwear and I managed to get the problem to repeat but only after I tampered with the internal numerical IDs. :blah:

I can't debug/troubleshoot this problem any further until marvine returns from holiday because I simply do not want to break her skintone links etc.

So here is a work around. This is an older version of the mesh with the unimproved neck and 16 recolours of underwear for the mesh.

This WILL NOT over-write anything in your Downloads folder

There is a READ_ME.TXT in the RAR, keep this as an aid to remove the temporary fix files at a later date.

ju-beos_uw_temp_fix.rar contains the following files:

ju-beos_uwfix01.package
ju-beos_uwfix02.package
ju-beos_uwfix03.package
ju-beos_uwfix04.package
ju-beos_uwfix05.package
ju-beos_uwfix06.package
ju-beos_uwfix07.package
ju-beos_uwfix08.package
ju-beos_uwfix09.package
ju-beos_uwfix0A.package
ju-beos_uwfix0B.package
ju-beos_uwfix0C.package
ju-beos_uwfix0D.package
ju-beos_uwfix0E.package
ju-beos_uwfix0F.package
MESH_ju-beos-barbie210705.package

------------------------------------

Again the is a TEMPORARY fix, not a permanent solution.

cheers!

Beosboxboy
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ju-beos_uw_temp_fix.rar (354.0 KB, 267 downloads)

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 6:24 AM
Thank you so much... I'm really sorry if I bothered you, but I really like your mesh and I wanted everything to be seen in my game. Thanks again!!!

My Sim Page at The Exchange

Sign my guestbook!!! :)

I'm thinking of changing my signature but I have no imagination
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 4:51 PM
Thats a real cool mesh, but how do I get to the adult section of the website? :confused:
#55 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 2:45 PM
Thank you Beosboxboy! Wonderful job! *downloading*
Forum Resident
#56 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marvine
Mutantbunny, I'm sorry but I'm going to disappoint you... :D
The improved neck was the major update, because it's been bugging me since the beginning, and I had to remake all the meshes.

Cooldew, the mesh must go in your downloads folder, but not in a subfolder, and neither the clothing or the skintones - I think that's the problem here.

The new neck is really good.

The gap at the waist is smaller but still there.

BTW, I have all my meshes in subfolders, but the skins, clothing, are in just downloads and the muscle mesh is working great for me.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Couchie
The difference is the zip is supported by any Windows XP platform by default. No extra program is needed to create or unzip them. And WinRAR isn't a free program- It's meant to be used for only 40 days, then paid for, but nobody does anyways.

Nope, don't have to buy WinRar--the ability to unzip remains free. It's better than WinZIP in that i t allows the unzipping of zip and rar files. Just right click and select Extract here (don't go thru the double click way or it does ask you to buy.) The dl link is in tools I think...
Instructor
#58 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 4:25 PM
i don't get it in the game
#59 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 11:14 PM
Hey

I know its really annoying when ppl ask simple questions but..

cud ya help me cos... i've got working da skin colours install + add on tops, btms. but I cant get the underware or swim trunks to work. An icon comes up in clothes selection but its a generic as if its conflicting or not installed properly...

any1 else had this b4?
This is one of the 1st addons i've put on so mite of missed something?
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 11:34 PM
this is an amazing body mesh, and you can see all the hard work put into it. Great to see such different body types showing up now, thanks for sharing this with us.
#61 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 2:43 AM
Problem getting the files
Anyone have any suggestions? These are great and I'd love to use them, but when I click on the download, the files open up. When I try to right-mouse-click to try to download the target, I get a "getfile.php" file (or something like that). Is there maybe another site these are on, or are they available somewhere in a .zip file (I've never had any problems downloading .zip's, only .rar's).
Instructor
#62 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coraltheo
Anyone have any suggestions? These are great and I'd love to use them, but when I click on the download, the files open up. When I try to right-mouse-click to try to download the target, I get a "getfile.php" file (or something like that). Is there maybe another site these are on, or are they available somewhere in a .zip file (I've never had any problems downloading .zip's, only .rar's).

There is a problem with the underwear skin files; my partner marvine is on holiday and the permanent fix will have to wait until she returns in September. There is a temporary fix available at post No.52 in the thread, that is the thing you need to download until she returns and can discover the source of this glitch -- it may be a system language problem or conflict with another mesh or group item.

I have only one God, Choice. If you remove the right to choose from any equation, how have you improved the world?
Forum Resident
#63 Old 8th Aug 2005 at 3:14 PM
One thing I've noticed with the updated neck: the tan skin doesn't match well at the head neck junction. ?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 3:03 AM
Thanks for this fabulous mesh. I can't wait to play with it in the game!
Test Subject
#65 Old 10th Aug 2005 at 4:07 AM
Default help
sorry i dont want to sound completely retarted but im new to MST2 and i would like to know how i can view the adult forums.
Thanks... :blah:
Test Subject
#66 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 6:38 PM
Hi, I love this mesh, but my sim is normal looking unless he's nude. Chaz
Forum Resident
#67 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 6:42 PM
YOu have to get the proper clothing for him! Do it, it's well worth it.
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 9:22 PM
Default Excellent Work !!!!!!!
I just wanted to take the time to thank you and all of the other contributors to this forum for all of your excellent work. Thanxs! Also, I have thanked Marvine for "Another Athletic Guy Mesh " . I love your "Body Builder Mesh" and I see Marvine's mesh as a compliment to the BB mesh and it adds variety to my game. I have expressed to marvine how I would love to see barbie-style nudes as clothing for her mesh and maybe we will see that in the near future. Again, keep up the good work. PEACE!
Test Subject
#69 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 5:24 AM
hey it doesn't work on my computer it just appears as the suit that appears when there is a missing file
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 11:18 PM
Mutantbunny, I'll check the problems you noticed as soon as I'm back on my computer - not sure if I'll be able to do much about the neckline issue, I had to map the new neck on a really small place of the texture, but I'll try anyway. Thank you for your help!

Bluetigerflash, there seems to be a conflict on some systems that I didn't notice on mine. For now I suggest you dowload the temporary fix Beosboxboy was kind enough to upload on post 52. I'll look into this as soon as I can.
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 10:41 AM
Those Boys are Looking Like a Playboy.. I Want a Muscle Man to On My Door.. Nice.. ThX!
Test Subject
#72 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 2:55 PM
I know. Isn't he gorgeous. You'd think Maxis would figure out that we want more diversity. We want real fat people and real muscular people.
Test Subject
#73 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 3:38 PM
I would want more fat people mostly. In our country, at least %75 of the population is fat. 0_o I'm not exaggerating either.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 9:30 PM
i cant seem to find the undies in my game. WHat did happened? =(
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 5:00 AM
Legolasgurl,

Check post 52, BeosBoxBoy has posted a temporary fix to the problem :c)
Page 3 of 13