Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bodybuilder mesh, or Beosboxboy by Ju - UPDATED 27-08-05: FIXED FILES

by marvine Posted 27th Jul 2005 at 4:03 PM - Updated 23rd Aug 2005 at 8:40 PM by marvine

308 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 301 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 13
Test Subject
#151 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 5:38 PM
Default Are these the meshes
Are these the meshes or just clothes?? I would
love to have the mens and womens bodybuilder
meshes.
Test Subject
#152 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 5:39 PM
Default Non nude bodybuilder meshes
Forgot to say I want the non nude meshes. sorry
Test Subject
#153 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stckmn1676
I need help. I can't get these meshes into my body shop/game. I followed the directions in the .rar file tutorial post but I get to step three "highlight the file and select move to" and I get a message that it is already where I am trying to put it which is the downloads file. If it is in the downloads file, I should have it, right?

I just looked one more time and it lists the skin in the custom skins field but it doesn't show up on the sim to the left. I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

I have been trying this for what seems like hours and the closest I can get is to have the Sims 2 content installer pop up and it says "Please double-click a custom content package file to install the content". I double click any one of the files I have downloaded and I get the same window. What am I doing wrong? Please help.
Instructor
Original Poster
#154 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 8:45 PM
stckmn1676,

if the directions in the rar file tutorial didn't help you, i'm not sure how i can... Do you have a .rar extractor? If not, you need to find one - I use WinRAR but there are others, you can do a search on the forum and you'll find threads about this.
If yes, right click on the .rar file, select "extract here", then right click on the extracted file and select "cut", then browse to your downloads folder, right click in an empty space an select "paste". At no moment you should double click on the files.
Hope this helps!

Cindy8454, the "ju-beos_underwear.rar" file contains 2 underwear recolours and their mesh.

Marvine and Beosboxboy at InSIMenator.net and Gay Sims Club 2
#155 Old 15th Oct 2005 at 7:29 PM
Dont U Have It In .zip File?
Test Subject
#156 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:51 AM
Marvine,

Thanks for replying to me on this so quickly. I am new to downloading sims and I appreciate the help. I had downloaded WinRAR and I have been trying to download it according to the directions in the tutorial with no luck. Now I have tried it using your cut and paste method with the same results. I am able to put the extracted file in the downloads folder but it doesn't show up in the Body Shop. If anyone out there has had this problem and knows what I'm doing wrong please let me know. Thanks again Marvine for the try and congratulations to you and BBB on your awesome work. I hope someday to be able to play it.
Test Subject
#157 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 9:37 PM
stckmn1676 i am having the same problem as you. I downloaded the meshes and the skin but all im able to use are the skins. I was wondering if maybe i am not putting them in the right folder or if they conflict with another file. If anyone has any info on how to get them working please post. I greatly need your help. Thanx in advance.
Test Subject
#158 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 12:09 AM
***I need help with this. I downloaded the mesh but it didnt show up. I also tried to download two characters of Hony's design, but instead of the body builder mesh, they had suits on. Can some one pleaz help me.***
Instructor
Original Poster
#159 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 12:41 PM
stckmn1676, gman9000, toxicwave99,

The chances are that you're having a problem with the thumbnails, meaning that the skins show up as maxis suits in the catalog but should display properly on the sim when selected - it's a frequent problem with custom skins since Night Life. In this case, you have to delete your My documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/ Thumbnails/ CAS Thumbnails folder so the game will re-create them.

Now, if it's not the case, please report here and I'll check the uploaded files to see if they didn't get corrupted of something... They are copies of my personal files, which always worked perfectly before and after I got NL, and the only problems reported before this were due to missing meshes.

Test Subject
#160 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 4:38 PM
Marvine, Thanks again for trying to help us with this. I know it must be a real pain, but I really want a bodybuilder in my game. I tried deleting the thumbnails folder as you suggested but still no luck. I downloaded the Sims2pack Clean Installer and used it to put a whole file into the downloads folder at once. This file was the 1N10Sims set under featured artist, but the only place any of that shows up in body shop is under custom skintones. I also downloaded the step-in trunks but they have the same problem others are having, only shows up as a standard jogging suit in the thumbnail(even since deleting the thumbnail folder) and on the sim.
Test Subject
#161 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 6:10 PM
I finally got it. I've been playing around with it up and down and back and forth so I'm not exactly sure what I did to finally make it work. I moved all of my downloaded files to a folder containing a copy of all of my Sims 2 files then I right clicked the folder, selected install all. My sims2pack Clean Installer window popped up allowing me to preview all of the files and look for any duplicates of the ones I have downloaded. I unselected the duplicates and clicked on install. After asking me if I wanted to replace files that were already in the game they began to install. This took several minutes as there were nearly 1000 files but it worked. The directions for downloading an entire folder's contents into your game in one fell swoop with the sims2pack Clean Installer are found towards the very beginning of the manual of this wonderful tool. It did the trick.
Instructor
Original Poster
#162 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 6:21 PM
Stckmn1676,

I would never have thought of that... Thank you very much for letting me know, and thank you as well for the detailed information !

Test Subject
#163 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 6:25 PM
Omg thatnk you so much, i think it'll work now, i'll try it, wish me luck.
Test Subject
#164 Old 17th Oct 2005 at 7:13 PM
***Wow im so confused. i deleted the CASThumbnails file and it didnt do anything, what did Stckman1676 do? i dont understand wat he did. Help me lol***
Test Subject
#165 Old 18th Oct 2005 at 10:58 PM
thanks for the mesh,great work :3dcool: :gidea:
Test Subject
#166 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 12:21 AM
I tried the clean install thing but unfortunatly no luk. It says it installed them but i cant find the mesh to apply it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#167 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 8:18 AM
Toxicwave, the Clean Installer is able to install packages placed into a folder outside the downloads, and it then warns you he it finds duplicates or empty packages; for this you just have to right click on the folder and select "install all".

I'm now thinking about something else though - does any of you use the patch for Night Life? Issues have been reported about custom content not showing up anymore, you'll find more info on the "patch for Night Life" thread. In this case, I still don't know how to fix that...

Test Subject
#168 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 8:17 PM
Default Superb But How?
Great I have his superb body doing most things, but how can I have him nude and relaxing on the bed
Instructor
Original Poster
#169 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 9:00 PM
Kenmacdonald, for this you have to get nudes as clothing available on the adult forum, or use a nudist hack.

Test Subject
#170 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 12:54 AM
can you make a Woman bodybuilder
Test Subject
#171 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 12:59 PM
Test Subject
#172 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 6:14 PM
This is the best thing on earth!!!! At last, a truly fit sim!
#173 Old 24th Oct 2005 at 3:54 AM
If I download 7-Zip will automatically open rar or will I have to download a certain thing from their site?
Test Subject
#174 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 9:54 PM
Test Subject
#175 Old 3rd Nov 2005 at 1:08 AM
I have re-downloaded again and again and I still can't use the mesh. I'm so bummed because I love it! I don't know much about downloading with .rar and .zip, but is there a possiblity that my win-rar isn't extracting the meshes right? All the body builder clothes I've downloaded show up as default suits because the mesh isn't accessible. Please help, I love the body!!!
Page 7 of 13