Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tenant and Landlord Mod v3.2 << UPDATED: 11/05/2006 <<

by monique Posted 6th Jul 2006 at 12:14 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2006 at 11:13 AM by monique

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 208 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Instructor
#151 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 10:39 PM
What a great idea! Pity it doesn't work for me, because I don't have OfB. I'll make do with the money order. Still, I love this mod even so, because it's great for medieval neigbourhoods and for a lot of other ideas (slum lord?), too. Thanks!
Test Subject
#152 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 1:09 AM
Awesome!
I just downloaded and am about to use it.
But I have a question.

What do you do if you want to move out the tenant, and move a new one in, but keep the same landord?

Thanks a bagillion!
You're a genius.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 2:44 AM
Wow, so cool. It'll be great with the apartments I'm building.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 10:55 PM
Great Modd....

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 2:46 AM
thank you!

Isadora Furman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fh6oKrObEQ

100% NO LAG ALL HIGHEST SETTINGS!!

2.66 GHz AMD Phenom II x4 910 processor
ATI Radeon hd 4850 1GB
8 GB RAM
1 Terabyte hard drive
Vista 64

Ultra is ultra now, finally!!
Test Subject
#156 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 9:21 AM
HI Does work with just pets & the other expansions? Or do you need OFB too?
Test Subject
#157 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 1:21 AM
Thanks a Heap! this will work great for my real estate agent
Instructor
#158 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 4:17 AM
Whoa that's freaking awesome!!!
Test Subject
#159 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 7:26 AM
Does anyone know if this is compatible with Seasons?
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 2:19 AM
thank you for this download. but i have a problem. i put the files in my download folder after i unzipped them and i have tried 3 times and everytime i look for the deed it isn't there. i dont think i did anything wrong. i used the open for business zip because i dont like playing pets. do i need to install pets and both zips?

TASH

http://passionssims2com.page.tl/

my own website. check it out
Test Subject
#161 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 3:40 AM Last edited by snym15 : 17th Apr 2007 at 4:00 AM.
tacos, if you have pets instaled on your computer, then you should download the pets version. if you don't have pets installed but have ofb, then you should download the ofb version only. also, make sure you have custom content enabled.

i hope this helps

Edited to add: if you have done all of the above and still don't see the deed, make sure you are in misc all (the little infinty symbol).
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 10:53 PM
Much thanks to Monique for such a wonderful mod.

And thanks to snym15 for showing/telling me (and everyone else) precisely where I could find The Deed - Misc > ALL
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 2:38 AM Last edited by velvetmagras : 18th Apr 2007 at 4:31 PM. Reason: Got the answer to my question
Usin' it and lovin' it!

Quick question though, what is the rent a percentage of?
Is it a percentage of the Lot value?
daily income?
projected weekly income?
...or something completely different?

ETA: The rent is a percentage of the initial Lot value.
Test Subject
#164 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 11:08 PM
Is this compatible with Seasons?
I could use this for my medieval neighborhood. {^_^}

~Tiffany
Test Subject
#165 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 2:57 PM
tiffyt11206, I am using this with seasons and it works fine.

Also velvetmagras, I have noticed that if i play my tenant's house and make improvements/deprovements(?), I could go into my landlord's lot (the next time I play it) and transfer the ownership back to the landlord (same sim) and that changes the amount the tenat pays. For example, a had a sim living on an empty lot worth $900. At 3% rent they paid $27/daily. I then added some some basic items and went back into the landlord's lot. The tenant was still paying $27 when I got an idea. I transfered the lot to the same landlord, and the tenant's rent was raised (still at 3%). Hope this helps.

I know that tenants can't open home businesses because of issues with who owns the lot. But, is it at all possible for the landlord to open a home business? Reason being is that I have a medieval hood and I wanted the lords and the king, who both act as landlord, to have home businesses to employ peasants as servants.
Test Subject
#166 Old 25th Apr 2007 at 7:28 PM Last edited by Sylyna : 15th Jun 2007 at 11:17 PM.
I'm having problems. It will not show up in my game, I have download it, installed it and it's still not there. I've removed it and reinstalled it several times and it's still not there. I have both OFB and Pets.

edited June 15, 2007
I found, a few hours after writing this message, because I moved into my new house. I just haven't had the time to reply back to this message til today. And it works.
Test Subject
#167 Old 1st May 2007 at 12:57 AM
You know what....Just for creating this mod, you are the sh*t!!! But......lol ..... I have one problem. For me it seems to just not work. The deed is there, I can purchase it, I can transfer it also, I just cant .... for some odd reason, set the payment terms.

When I do transfer it to another owner, and then go to the new owners lot to set up payment terms that option is not appearring anywhere in anyones pies. The deed is basically just sitting there looking pretty....lol. I laugh because I am anxious to play it.

You made a wonderful creation. Is it not working because I have other mods also? Could that be an issue? Please help...

MzKiaa
Test Subject
#168 Old 17th May 2007 at 5:27 PM Last edited by SWEETHEARTWVA : 17th May 2007 at 5:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sylyna
I'm having problems. It will not show up in my game, I have download it, installed it and it's still not there. I've removed it and reinstalled it several times and it's still not there. I have both OFB and Pets.

same for me. i have everything. seasons and the new stuff pack. now it doesnt show up.. all other hacks and cc are showing up.please help!

suzanne
Field Researcher
#169 Old 22nd May 2007 at 6:06 PM Last edited by chaotess : 22nd May 2007 at 6:10 PM. Reason: spelling
I've been trying to figure out how to make this work for a landlord living in a building and renting out rooms to others, but I don't think that's how this works. This is more for a landlord renting a lot or house to someone else. That'll work great for my Landgrab family. However, in case anyone is curious, I just came up w/ a supersimple alternate plan for my original scenario. Using Monique's computer, I have all the tennants keep their money seperate, that way they keep their earnings. Doing that, I can just use the transfer money function to move money from their account to the landlord's in whatever amount I feel like charging for rent. I feel kinda silly for not having thought of it before, as I use the banking functions all the time.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 9:39 AM
I see that I'm not the only one because it's not showing up in my game either. I guess I can redownload it and try again. Monique, do you think it is incompatible with Christianlov's fake diploma? It looks just like it but that is the only thin I have in my game that shows up that resembles it!

~Thanks, LaTasha~

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
Test Subject
#171 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 1:43 PM
You might find it easier to use Monique's Automatic Payment Regulator; I use that to pay rent to a sim, regardless of whether the lot has a home business on it. In fact, I found it alot easier to set up than this mod. You can set the amount to anything you want, it isn't based on percentages. I guess both mods have their merits, but personally, I prefer the Automatic Payment Regulator; with it I was able to do the following set up:

Sim A pays Sim B $100/daily rent direct into Sim B's bank account.
Sim A also pays Sim C $20/daily tax that goes into Sim C's household funds.
Sim B and Sim C both live on the same lot, and the payments are made automatically daily.
The option is there to pay weekly instead. All it took was giving Sim A two separate envelopes with different payment set ups.

It was simply a matter of clicking options as they come up. The controller is a bills envelope found in miscellaneous where the children's and party items are in buy mode. There is also a second envelope for the person recieving payments, they can check on all payments from different clients and adjust them there and then, no loading up separate lots to do so. The mod is compatible with all EPs and Stuff Packs (I have them all).

Stop tearing your hair out with this landlord mod and use the easier one here :-)
http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/...ad.php?t=203984
Test Subject
#172 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 6:42 PM
Okay, so a sim has to buy the deed WHILE living on the lot, then PICK another sim to be the landlord?

Does the landlord have to live on the lot that will be rented and then they move off?

I'm confused

Can I have a sim that sims on another lot purchase a deed for a house that they don't CURRENTLY live on?
Test Subject
#173 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 7:41 PM
hello, 2 Q's, can you use this the both the tenant and landlord are on the same loy i.e in an appaartment building.

And is the CMPTBLE with seasons?

love alexis xx

Lexy
Test Subject
#174 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 9:52 PM
I have every Sims 2 game, so which one should I use? The one for OFB or PETS?
Test Subject
#175 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 3:08 AM Last edited by d_unit : 16th Jul 2007 at 7:19 PM.
Cool,

With this mod you can also have working real estate agencies

Sorry for my poor English, I'm American
Page 7 of 9