Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2023 at 10:23 PM
Default Favourite cool websites
Finding fun websites to browse when your sims game is loading or saving is becoming more difficult I think.

In the old days, I used to use https://www.stumbleupon.com/, which was absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately, they became Mix.com, which just isn't the same, and anyway- they now make you login with a social media account, which is a big no for me.

Sites I liked were-
Daily Dose of Imagery
Hanzismatter
27b/6
Regretsy

Sites I like now are-
Chief O'Brien at Work
Futility Closet
The Poke
Epbot

So does anyone have any current site suggestions? Stuff that's funny, or satirical, or daft, or just clever. New sites that don't take a lot of time to read, that are updated often, not too political- sci-fi or geeky stuff welcome. No youtube channels please, I prefer to read rather then watch. I'm English so prefer stuff that's not too USA-centric.

Can anyone entertain me?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Jan 2023 at 11:34 AM
Still seeking some cool websites to browse, does anyone have any suggestions please?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2023 at 11:27 AM
I don't really do that, but wondered if you've explored much of Facebook? Some of the interest pages and community pages make for great reading - crowd sourcing and all that. There are groups for people interested in plants or how to enrich their dogs' lives, for musical interests or antiques, for example. I've connected with fellow professionals with specific targeted concerns/interests and people who love the same types of dogs as I do. So many people say Facebook is awful and it can be, depending on your connections and the pages you subscribe to. I find it helpful and enriching. I know there are many humor pages as well, targeting different types of humor.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#4 Old 4th May 2023 at 4:45 PM
Omg I miss stumbleupon so much! My year group went crazy over it during school so it became a blocked website. I think that was also around the same time 9gag appeared and people loved it too and then that also got blocked. Obvs early youtube was also blocked the entire time

Did a search and found these:
Omg I miss stumbleupon so much! My year group went crazy over it during school so it became a blocked website. I think that was also around the same time 9gag appeared and people loved it too and then that also got blocked at school. Obvs youtube was blocked the entire time

Personally, I suggest Scarfolk Council I found it in like 2017 and its wild. Did some googling and thought these might be fun The Useless Web, Procrastinator, Patience is a Virtue, Random Animal Picks, The Oregon Trail and McMansion Hell.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2023 at 12:38 PM
Thanks for these suggestions @VerDeTerre and @Noa1500 ! I haven't looked at Facebook much, I have an account there since 2006 but seldom used it. I'll give it another look! Oh my goodness Noa, so much to look at! These will keep me busy for a while, thank you!
Scholar
#6 Old 8th May 2023 at 11:02 AM
You're welcome! I hope these entertain you the way they've entertained me. I've been enjoying McMansion hell
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2023 at 7:51 PM
They are! Scarfolk Council is my fave so far!
Scholar
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 12:24 AM
There's some funny stuff on Tumblr - particularly if you find a meme somone has made of a game you play, or something you watch, it can be funny, even if you're one of a small number of fans. Kind of a 'private joke' feeling.

For example, I play some otome games when I don't have time to sim, sometimes you have to use your in game money for 'episode outfits' and choose the right one for your love interest, to win a romantic illutration. They can be hit and miss, some are ugly and someone made a meme of a particularly bad one, captioned "I love you so much, I wore this hideous shirt for you" which made me laugh for about 20 mins! Especially as I enjoy the outfits more than the storyline, and see it as more of a 'dress up dolly' game sometimes.

If you know Eastenders, Ross Kemp folds is a fun one https://rosskempfolds.tumblr.com/

I don't play Sims 3 but Baby Jessica is really funny https://treason-and-plot.tumblr.com...0jessica/chrono