Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 43
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#251 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 2:57 PM
What about the spanish translation?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#252 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 3:06 PM
This is great, going to download this right now! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#253 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 3:29 PM
THANK YOU! If you extend this to GTW you'll be my hero!

It boggles my mind how lockable doors haven't been implemented in the base game, especially in GTW. It was in every Sims game so far, why not this?
Imagine my surprise when I finally opened my Bar&Grill and the second the doors opened the customers just straight up strolled into the kitchen, grabbed the prepared food from the counter (not for sale) and proceeded to sit down and watch TV in the Employee Area while chowing down free meals. The restaurant itself was empty, since every single customer was hanging out in the kitchen or the staff room just looting the fridge and the pre-made food for free. What the hell, EA, seriously....
Deceased
Original Poster
#254 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Playbahnosh
Imagine my surprise when I finally opened my Bar&Grill and the second the doors opened the customers just straight up strolled into the kitchen, grabbed the prepared food from the counter (not for sale) and proceeded to sit down and watch TV in the Employee Area while chowing down free meals. The restaurant itself was empty, since every single customer was hanging out in the kitchen or the staff room just looting the fridge and the pre-made food for free. What the hell, EA, seriously....
Don't be too hard on EA, at least the employees... they're just making sims act the way they do themselves in real life.

Until I extend the scripts to identify customers/employees, the mod does work on a retail lot if you lock out visitors. The downside is that this will also lock out NPC employees and invited guests too.

Made some progress on this last night, and will have some time after the hockey game (which is FAR more important -- GO BLUES!) tonight. Okay, that outburst may have been a mistake, now Blackhawks fans will probably start boycotting this mod...
Test Subject
#255 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Don't be too hard on EA, at least the employees... they're just making sims act the way they do themselves in real life.

Until I extend the scripts to identify customers/employees, the mod does work on a retail lot if you lock out visitors. The downside is that this will also lock out NPC employees and invited guests too.

Made some progress on this last night, and will have some time after the hockey game (which is FAR more important -- GO BLUES!) tonight. Okay, that outburst may have been a mistake, now Blackhawks fans will probably start boycotting this mod...

Amazing, I thought that something you were doing on your time without posting any new mod, but it was perfect, using here in the game and also had the problem of Playbahnosh, and congratulations to the Okuraio the translation , I glad somebody else be interested in helping the community in other countries, I was out of the world by the lack of internet
Mad Poster
#256 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 5:30 PM
I am hoping that with one of your future versions I'll be able to stop the Goths from having woohoo in their kids' beds. It's something that I've always wanted since EA first showed us pre-release video footage of the base game. (I remember several of us being pretty horrified by that.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#257 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 5:42 PM
I think everyone has been waiting for this mod since the sims 4 came out - tks so much
Test Subject
#258 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sgranadoqueen2
What about the spanish translation?

Here is the file for my best spanish translation.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  S4_220557DA_00000000_02988FF37D111D90%%+STBL.ES.zip (417 Bytes, 4 downloads)
Test Subject
#259 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:47 PM

Ok, now I understand better why ingame employees are doing exactly like in real life... It's time to make a break
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#260 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 6:58 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ... oh, and did I say thank you???? I have wanted locking doors since Sims 4 first came out, and now especially trying to run a bakery in one of my games. Thank you soooo much for this mod. You are now my absolute favorite mod creator (not that you weren't before) LOL.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#261 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 7:42 PM
Everyone in the world is saying FINNALY "LOOR DOCKS" qoute by The Sim Supply AND myself.
Lab Assistant
#262 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 7:45 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I can now play kids and teens and have some badly needed privacy. Did I say thank you? :-)

There is no Planet B
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#263 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 9:00 PM
You beautiful person thank you, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#264 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 11:02 PM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#265 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 11:31 PM

Yea, that's my other problem with GTW: the employees. They do literally NOTHING. I hired a girl with 4 out of 5 "work ethic", pay the extra money, and she managed to ring up exactly one customer in a 12 hour shift. ONE! All she does is CONSTANTLY chat with the customers (not even the Answer Questions thing) or just sit in the back-room watching TV, while customers waiting to be ringed up just fed up and leave en masse. No matter how many times I reprimand or complain to her, doesn't make a difference, she just refuses to work. And then she complains about staying overtime...
I fired her, tired to hire a few others, but the same thing happened, they just DON'T DO ANYTHING.

Some realism from the service industry, huh?

(The next mod I need is one that makes my employees actually WORK...)
Deceased
Original Poster
#266 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Playbahnosh
(The next mod I need is one that makes my employees actually WORK...)

There's somebody working on that already, so hopefully we'll see something. I've seen some other things I would like to fix or see fixed as well. The EP is still young, so I'm sure we can expect some great stuff from folks given time.
Deceased
Original Poster
#267 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JakeC0001
Here is the file for my best spanish translation.

Thanks, I've included this in the latest version of the download (v1b).

I've also included the promised surprise bonus that I was going to put into version 2, but it was already available so why not? Version 1b includes the ability to lock doors on any lot, whether you own it or not, so you can put lockable doors in venues, etc. There's also a couple of bathroom door recolors in an add-on download which default to locked for the appropriate gender when placed on a lot. I've added a screenshot of one of the doors in build mode on a venue lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#268 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:07 AM
thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#269 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:20 AM
I reviewed this on my YouTube! It's the best mod I've reviewed for TS4! But as always you never disappoint can't wait to see further versions. I check every day even though I probably shouldn't because you have a life LOL. Great job though and thank you for your hard work! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#270 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 2:33 AM
Thanks for the locked doors! I don't have to wall-up my computer/video games anymore to keep everyone out but me!! Just like real life!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#271 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:02 AM
thanks i iove you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#272 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:02 AM
à컵¿ä à컵 °¨»ççø¿ä
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#273 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:54 AM
Not that you will read this i mean your celebrity status is through the roof now haha... But I hope you can find a way to lock elders out sounds cruel but the fookers keep dying on my retail lots and everyone gets sad and leaves lol
Deceased
Original Poster
#274 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eightyfkneight
Not that you will read this i mean your celebrity status is through the roof now haha... But I hope you can find a way to lock elders out sounds cruel but the fookers keep dying on my retail lots and everyone gets sad and leaves lol
LOL - I've yet to see that happen, but only had GTW for a couple days now and didn't really get much time to play with it. It's certainly doable, but wouldn't solve your problem - I tried locking children out of a retail shop and they still show up and hang around outside the door, which I thought was kind of cool and realistic until I found the employee I hired standing out on the sidewalk trying to sell them items from the store they couldn't even get into! So you'd just end up with a sidewalk littered with dead bodies... nasty...

If someone else can come up with a good reason to filter out adults or elders I'll consider it, but for now I'm planning on just adding teens into the lock type list. I just don't want the pie menus getting littered up with a bunch of options that few, if anyone, would ever actually use.
Test Subject
#275 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 9:52 AM
Thanks, I've included this in the latest version of the download (v1b).

I've also included the promised surprise bonus that I was going to put into version 2, but it was already available so why not? Version 1b includes the ability to lock doors on any lot, whether you own it or not, so you can put lockable doors in venues, etc. There's also a couple of bathroom door recolors in an add-on download which default to locked for the appropriate gender when placed on a lot. I've added a screenshot of one of the doors in build mode on a venue lot.

Really thanks a million, scumbumbo... That's great and I will check that this afternoon.. Don't hesitate to ask me other translation for French or Spanish. I really think that MTS should give you the reward MOTY (Mod Of The Year) and if doesn't exist they should be create it just for you . At the same this, you have a rude competition with CommandMC.
Page 11 of 43