Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Realistic Cooking Mod [Updated to 5.3]

by Somik&Severinka Posted 8th Jul 2022 at 3:46 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2023 at 10:56 PM by Somiktata

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 133 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 7
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#151 Old 15th Dec 2022 at 4:32 AM
PLEASE.....I would love to have all the foods as CC objects!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 17th Dec 2022 at 10:49 PM
I can't find the cookbook in buy/build mode. What is the exact name of the book? Thank you
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#153 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ImOctoberBaby
Okay. Also another thing I ran into was the Japchae recipe is greyed out. When hovering over the recipe it says that my home-cooking skill level isn't high enough even though it is tagged for level 1 cooking, and my sim is level 3. This is the only other problem, everything else works great!

I'll guess why this is so:
gourmet cooking may require a skill, for example, level 1
But to open the level of gourmet cooking - you need a minimum level of home cooking 5
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#154 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiamondRose1970
I can't find the cookbook in buy/build mode. What is the exact name of the book? Thank you

The book is located in the Kitchen section
All our objects can be found by the SS tag
Start typing "SS" into the search bar
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#155 Old 20th Dec 2022 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLadyV
PLEASE.....I would love to have all the foods as CC objects!!!!

We will try)
Follow Severinka's creativity on the TSR website, if they come out, then there
Test Subject
#156 Old 29th Dec 2022 at 2:42 PM
Thank you

Quote: Originally posted by Somiktata
The book is located in the Kitchen section
All our objects can be found by the SS tag
Start typing "SS" into the search bar
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#157 Old 1st Jan 2023 at 9:16 PM
Great mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#158 Old 6th Jan 2023 at 7:48 PM
I prefer to play a Maxis match game. Are there plans to make simlish recolors of the food items? Thanks for a great mod! ♥
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#159 Old 11th Jan 2023 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SarahKjrsten
I prefer to play a Maxis match game. Are there plans to make simlish recolors of the food items? Thanks for a great mod! ♥

Hi! We are sometimes asked about this, it is not so easy to redo more than 150 objects)) But we think about it, maybe, but we don't promise)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 20th Jan 2023 at 12:51 PM
Is There A Way So You Don't Have To Require Ingredients
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#161 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Serb1205
Is There A Way So You Don't Have To Require Ingredients

By default, they are not required, if you have them closed - remove the trait of the house "Simple Life"
Test Subject
#162 Old 27th Jan 2023 at 11:20 AM
Hey I seem to have a bug with the mod. When I use the cookbook to make something, my sim is simply stuck cooking. When I hover over the icon it says "Serve food" but the sim doesn't go to the next step and simply stands there at the stove with the food cooking. I've waited 15+ minutes for it to finish but there's no indication of when it's supposed to finish cooking.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...rz-lHX0kmiRpTTk
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 7:01 PM
""Any Ingredient" Cooking Tags Resource" is no longer functional.
Test Subject
#164 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 3:32 AM
Hello!

I love this mod and have been using it for a while! I have not had any trouble with anything except the "Sausage" ingredient. For some reason I am unable to open the sausage package and the sausage package does not count towards recipe requirements (I am using Simply Living Trait) such as hot dogs.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#165 Old 18th Feb 2023 at 10:39 AM
Hey!

I would like to ask one thing about the files in the zip. I just came back to play the sims after a few (lot) months and i want to update your mod but now i see there is another folder there: [SS] Ingredients EP01 Get To Work. Im really behind version (right now im at 3.4) and i want to update to 5.3 but right now i'm using from your old 3.4 version your custom recipes and ONLY 2 files from the zip:

[SS] RealisticCookingMod NEW MENU.package
[SS] RealisticCookingMod_MAIN.package

I weren't using your Override folder inside the zip SO my question is: its enough to install again [SS] RealisticCookingMod NEW MENU.package AND [SS] RealisticCookingMod_MAIN.package files from the zip only OR i have to install the [SS] Ingredients EP01 Get To Work too? I dont want to override anything (thats why im not were using the override folder) but ITS necesary to install the GTW ([SS] Ingredients EP01 Get To Work) to play with your custom recipes as i did with my old version?

Thanks so much and im really happy you keep updating a lot your mod!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#166 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iJoeyMonster
Hey I seem to have a bug with the mod. When I use the cookbook to make something, my sim is simply stuck cooking. When I hover over the icon it says "Serve food" but the sim doesn't go to the next step and simply stands there at the stove with the food cooking. I've waited 15+ minutes for it to finish but there's no indication of when it's supposed to finish cooking.

Hi! For some recipes, catalogs are needed- without them, your sim will not be able to cook them. Check the installation requirements in the description
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#167 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nyghtlyterror
""Any Ingredient" Cooking Tags Resource" is no longer functional.

What makes you think that? The mod works
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#168 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brodiet
Hello!

I love this mod and have been using it for a while! I have not had any trouble with anything except the "Sausage" ingredient. For some reason I am unable to open the sausage package and the sausage package does not count towards recipe requirements (I am using Simply Living Trait) such as hot dogs.

Hi! It should not open. Some ingredients without packaging - they are the product themselves
Show in which recipe the product is not counted
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#169 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lix
Hey!

I would like to ask one thing about the files in the zip. I just came back to play the sims after a few (lot) months and i want to update your mod but now i see there is another folder there: [SS] Ingredients EP01 Get To Work. Im really behind version (right now im at 3.4) and i want to update to 5.3 but right now i'm using from your old 3.4 version your custom recipes and ONLY 2 files from the zip:

[SS] RealisticCookingMod NEW MENU.package
[SS] RealisticCookingMod_MAIN.package

I weren't using your Override folder inside the zip SO my question is: its enough to install again [SS] RealisticCookingMod NEW MENU.package AND [SS] RealisticCookingMod_MAIN.package files from the zip only OR i have to install the [SS] Ingredients EP01 Get To Work too? I dont want to override anything (thats why im not were using the override folder) but ITS necesary to install the GTW ([SS] Ingredients EP01 Get To Work) to play with your custom recipes as i did with my old version?

Thanks so much and im really happy you keep updating a lot your mod!

Hi! Folder [SS] Ingredients EP01 Get To Work does not override anything, these are our products
They just require a directory, not just the base game, so they are placed in a separate folder
Test Subject
#170 Old 6th Mar 2023 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Somik&Severinka
Hi! It should not open. Some ingredients without packaging - they are the product themselves
Show in which recipe the product is not counted

The following recipes will not recognize the sausage product when the sausage package is in a sim's pocket or in the fridge:

Bangers and mash
Merguez
Sausage and Peppers
Hot Dogs
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#171 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brodiet
The following recipes will not recognize the sausage product when the sausage package is in a sim's pocket or in the fridge:

Bangers and mash
Merguez
Sausage and Peppers
Hot Dogs

Hi! Sorry for the long answer! I will check this point and fix it in the next version if the error is present
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 18th May 2023 at 9:45 PM
Hi, i have a question:

How do you use these products because you can't open them and use them in the microwave? They are like objects but without any use, can you help me?

Some of these products aren't usable because you can't open them and use them in the microwave, are them broken or are decorative ones? Just asking
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#173 Old 13th Jun 2023 at 10:15 PM
THIS IS AWESOME! I want this in my game Thank you for creating this!
Test Subject
#174 Old 6th Feb 2024 at 2:41 AM
Default Tea / Coffee / Cocoa / Cacoa
Hi - this is a lovely mod but I am having difficulty with some of the products.
What are you supposed to do with the herbal teas / coffee / cocoa?

I cannot seem to find a way to brew with them - from the inventory or fridge.

I would appreciate some assistance.

Thank you.
Page 7 of 7