Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Automatic Beards V4.5

by flerb Posted 7th Aug 2019 at 12:03 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2020 at 8:26 AM by flerb

272 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 191 Feedback Posts, 80 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 11
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#201 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shadow153
i have installed automatic beard 4.5, my sims 4 is up to date and i have tried to clear my cache and the same issue is happening.

I'll look into it, 2 of the beards are from different addons, get together is the large beard and seasons is the santa beard. so if you don't have those installed you used to get that red/white texture because they point to a geometry file (for the size and shape of the beard) not everyone has. So I cloned the geometry into new files that come with this mod. It resolved it for everyone for a while it seems. I won't be able to test it directly. If a make a stand alone CAS item Beard could you test it and see?
Test Subject
#202 Old 8th Jun 2020 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flerb
I'll look into it, 2 of the beards are from different addons, get together is the large beard and seasons is the santa beard. so if you don't have those installed you used to get that red/white texture because they point to a geometry file (for the size and shape of the beard) not everyone has. So I cloned the geometry into new files that come with this mod. It resolved it for everyone for a while it seems. I won't be able to test it directly. If a make a stand alone CAS item Beard could you test it and see?

sure ill test it, how do you want to send the file?
Forum Resident
#203 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 2:54 AM
This mod works great for me. I didn't check, but do graphic settings need to set to "high" That's where mine are set and haven't had any trouble. But this is so great I wish you could do this for hair! You can pick any style you want of course, but to actually have it grow in real time? That would be Epic!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#204 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
This mod works great for me. I didn't check, but do graphic settings need to set to "high" That's where mine are set and haven't had any trouble. But this is so great I wish you could do this for hair! You can pick any style you want of course, but to actually have it grow in real time? That would be Epic!

I've been thinking about how to do this for a year. All my efforts are going into finishing Automatic Sunburns V10 this month tho
Test Subject
#205 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 12:36 PM
I love this mod
I did polish translation, but i'm sooo newbie in this, i only hope i did it right ://
Link
Test Subject
#206 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 6:01 PM

Did you ever test the standalone beard? I'm having the exact same issue as shadow and I know it isn't any conflicting CC because I've removed everything except the XML injector. Absolutely love the mod though! Thank you very much in advance
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#207 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 5:04 AM
Sorry if it's already been answered, does this work if the Sims don't auto age? Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#208 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 7:25 PM
Awesome. Thanks.
Test Subject
#209 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 4:15 AM
Is there any way to disable the "hair pile" that appears whenever you shave? It gets annoying really quickly and blocks my sims from entering the room sometimes. Also gives them a "dirty room" moodlet.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#210 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Slylaugh
Sorry if it's already been answered, does this work if the Sims don't auto age? Thank you

it's completely separate from their aging, so yes will work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#211 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RedeemTheMadness
Did you ever test the standalone beard? I'm having the exact same issue as shadow and I know it isn't any conflicting CC because I've removed everything except the XML injector. Absolutely love the mod though! Thank you very much in advance

I completely forgot about that! (i'e been consumed with finishing up automatic sunburns V10) I still don't understand why it would be happening as the beards work for almost everyone else. Somehow they're still linked to something in whatever DLC y'all don't have.
Test Subject
#212 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 6:06 PM
I think with the most current EA update that I installed yesterday, Scumbumbo's script modifier that you use has been broken. I was unable to place certain build items and narrowed it down to that mod. Since this supports your mods, you may be aware of this already? Thanks again for your work. I use several of your mods, as they add quite a bit of realism to the game.
Test Subject
#213 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 92explor
I think with the most current EA update that I installed yesterday, Scumbumbo's script modifier that you use has been broken. I was unable to place certain build items and narrowed it down to that mod. Since this supports your mods, you may be aware of this already? Thanks again for your work. I use several of your mods, as they add quite a bit of realism to the game.

I am having problems as well.
Test Subject
#214 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 2:47 PM
I may have spoke to soon, there still could be issues with the script modifier. However what was causing my build mode issue was Scumbumbo's packing crate mod. I reinstalled all other mods back into the game and they are working so far. I will post here anything I notice.
Test Subject
#215 Old 29th Jul 2020 at 4:56 PM Last edited by drew1938 : 30th Jul 2020 at 8:22 PM.
I'm recolouring the green hair preset in my game for personal use. I've found all the green beard styles your mod touches and recoloured them successfully, except for the first stage, 5oclock shadow. Overriding the game version didn't have an effect. What does your mod reference for that? I can't find any of the "unnatural" hair colours for the 5oclock shadow in your mod.

Edit: Nevermind. The weirdness is with the old version of Sims Studio I was using.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#216 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 2:53 AM
hi, I really like ur MODs.Can I put it on our website?. So can I share your mods to them on a Chinese website which Chinese people share everything about SIMS on it. I promise I will write your name and your link on it. Also if you want you can come to our website to share your own staffs. Our website is www.sglynp.com

Including some of your other MODs. We want to translate your MOD and then share it on the local website. Do you agree?
Test Subject
#217 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 5:55 PM
I decided to remove some of my mods but I wish this mod still worked because it was one of my favorites.
Test Subject
#218 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dstarrsfan
I decided to remove some of my mods but I wish this mod still worked because it was one of my favorites.

It works fine on the latest game version(1.65.77). Make sure you follow the install instructions.
Test Subject
#219 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drew1938
It works fine on the latest game version(1.65.77). Make sure you follow the install instructions.

Yes after some testing it was a different mod that was causing problems.
Test Subject
#220 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 4:21 PM Last edited by drew1938 : 15th Sep 2020 at 10:41 PM.
Looks like the Sep2020(1.66.139) update has messed up alot of 'scripted' mods, but the XML injector has been working without crashes in my testing. I did have to clear the cache in document\sims 4 and reinstall the game from scratch to get it to a point were it wouldn't crash without mods. But this is the only scripted mod I was using that doesn't seem to have an issue if anyone is waiting to update.
Test Subject
#221 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 6:15 PM
This mod has stopped working for me with the latest patch. When I click on a sink (I tried with many different sinks, none of them CC) and nothing from this mod comes up.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#222 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by someoneateme
This mod has stopped working for me with the latest patch. When I click on a sink (I tried with many different sinks, none of them CC) and nothing from this mod comes up.

It still is working for me. Are you sure you still have the XML injector?
Test Subject
#223 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 2:35 PM
It still is working for me. Are you sure you still have the XML injector?

Yes, I have the most recent versions of this mod and the XML injector.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#224 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 11:33 PM
Just tried this mod for the first time today. I love it! It works beautifully and it introduces an element of realism into the game that I really like. Great job, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 6:32 PM
Does this need updating for Snowy Escape?

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity, and still be a human.
Page 9 of 11