Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Conterfeit College Diploma

by christianlov Posted 19th Jun 2008 at 1:55 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2010 at 8:40 AM by christianlov : updated

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
#26 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 10:54 AM
Thank you very much! It annoyed me that my older Sims did not have college degrees. This saves me from having to send some of my Sims to college.

Just to clarify, do I take the diploma that I do NOT want modified out of inventory and then adjust the diploma? Or will it modify the the diploma that is taken out of inventory rather than the one in inventory? (I hope that makes sense).

For people who asked about Lifetime Wants, there is a grandfather clock that allows you to change lifetime wants -- the menu option says "My Lifetime Want is Lame". (I think it is by Merola-- or is it Merolla?). It also allows you to fastforward through the semester to about one hour before the exams. I don't know if it is currently available anywhere, but I do have it saved to my computer. (I think I saw somewhere that there is a college clock available somewhere listed in Sims2Wiki but I haven't downloaded it to see if it is the same object).

Anyways, I'm very glad that you've come back, Christianlov.
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 7:35 AM Last edited by Yaakovashoshana : 3rd Sep 2008 at 2:12 AM.
Are you planning to update this mod for Apartment Life? (I hope, I hope, I hope.) I've been using it for quite a while through several EP's and SP's, with no problems at all. Since installing Apartment Life, though, there's no "Went to College" memory and no diploma in the Sim's inventory. Add want slot still works, and the dialoge to select a major and set the GPA still comes up, but no memory and no diploma. This is one mod that I use on every lot . . . I rarely actually send a Sim to Uni . . . so I really do miss it! Thanks for your help and all your wonderful additions to my game.

Edit: Ignore me. I just downloaded the latest version with the Ikea fix and it works like a charm. I didn't think of that first because I'd been using the older version with the Ikea pack and hadn't had a problem. All's well now. This is definitely one of my favorite mods and I definitely appreciate your work!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 7:42 AM
I love your hacks, but this one has to be my most-used favorite! Glad to see you're "back in business" making them again! Thanks!

Namárië! Nai hiruvalyë Valimar!
Farewell! Maybe thou shalt find Valimar!
--- J.R.R. Tolkien

Lúthien's Middle-earth
http://www.luthien-tinuviel.net

Lúthien Doesn't Live Here
http://amyluthien.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 12:59 AM
Hmmm. First post here from me.

But to tell the truth, this mod has me interested. Except, well, I`m a bit of a stickler for "realism" in my games, so I wondered if there could be a version with a price attached to it, to represent the fact a sim might have had to deal with someone else(a shady character of sort since, heh, who else would sell counterfeited papers? )to be able to get such a false diploma in the first place?

Or at least, maybe a small how-to to merely change the item's price.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#30 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christianlov
Notice

0. Oops! I am so sorry, I uploaded at "Global Mods" section by mistake. This is not a global mod. So sorry again.

Thread moved to "Object Mods"

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#31 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 4:51 PM
Hi
First I wanna thank you for this amazing UL :lovestruc
Second, I would like to know if this works with apartment life?
I hope someone will answer soon
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 5:01 PM
The one problem I had with this mod was that when I tried to give my Sims a perfect GPA (graduating summa cum laude) or a 3.8 (magna cum laude) only get the memory of graduating cum laude. Has this been fixed?

"Oh, let me guess. Another box with a crank that I turn and turn and turn until...whoo...a clown pops out. Then you laugh, the kids laugh, the dog laughs, and I die a little more inside."

-Stewie Griffin, Family Guy
Test Subject
#33 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 3:24 PM
This mod appears to cause a bug where when you try to visit the J'Adore bakery with the Jacquets, it goes into buy/build mode instead.
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 6:16 AM
Thank you so much, this will be a real time saver. Getting every damn Sim I have through uni can be a pain xD
Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 6:01 AM
Thank you so much. This is my favorite mod
Banned
#36 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 5:01 PM
awesome
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Feb 2009 at 6:35 AM
Thanks now even stupid sims get a degree
Test Subject
#38 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 1:06 PM
Is there a way to get more than 11 Majors to choose from. I've added like 15 or so custom majors in addition to all of the ones from Maxis in Uni & Freetime. I can only see 11 on the display, some are the custom majors and some are standard ones. I'd like to be able to choose from all the ones I have loaded.
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 6:30 PM
already download and used it.. since I play sims before install EP univ, sims cant be graduated rite?? now all my sims graduated ^^
Test Subject
#40 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 6:30 PM
already download and used it.. since I play sims before install EP univ, sims cant be graduated rite?? now all my sims graduated ^^TQTQ
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd May 2009 at 5:04 PM
This is a really good idea. Though for realism, maybe it should be expensive, and come with a risk of being 'found out', ie losing your job, lowering relationship points with all friends, etc?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 9:19 PM
This has always been one of my favorite hacks, I use it all the time!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 7:14 AM
This is very useful because sometimes playing in the university is boring.

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\has survived, died, or is living with cancer.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson 1958 - 2009
Field Researcher
#44 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seebair0925
Is there a way to get more than 11 Majors to choose from. I've added like 15 or so custom majors in addition to all of the ones from Maxis in Uni & Freetime. I can only see 11 on the display, some are the custom majors and some are standard ones. I'd like to be able to choose from all the ones I have loaded.

I second the motion!

Is there any way to select from ALL installed majors, instead of just 11?

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 2:29 AM
If a sim has the didnt go to college memory, will this remove it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmegel
If a sim has the didnt go to college memory, will this remove it?

no it won't, it just adds new graduation memory
Test Subject
#47 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 8:05 AM Last edited by oxpumaxo : 5th Apr 2010 at 11:09 PM.
Can you please help me? I can't find the diploma. You said it's sold in the general section under buy, but there isn't a general section.

One of your screenshots shows the miscellaneous section, so I looked there under "all", and there is no diploma anywhere. I also noticed that your screenshot didn't have pets, is it possible that a certain expansion is making it not appear?

Please help! Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, I re-downloaded and reinstalled it and there it was!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 7:25 PM
I'm really excited to try this. I did the Orphanage Challenge and am SICK of sending them to college. I'm going to use this instead.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 7:28 PM
sorry, I don't know where to post this on your website...but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your "Adults go to College" mod. I have been looking everywhere for something like that, and it is Awesome! Thank you so much.
I am wondering if you have one for Elders to go to College? Then University would be great.
Again, thank you so much for your great downloads, I use a lot of them!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mac
There was a hack called "College Adjuster", which looked like a stack of 'phone books. I think it was on this site but now it's gone. You could essentially pick a new lifetime adjustment at random and keep trying until you got what you wanted. The college-based career lifetime aspirations didn't show up though, and the lifetime aspirations were related to the main aspiration (Knowledge,Fortune,Family, etc) For a family sim you got a lot of raise children, golden anniv, etc. For a knowledge sim you would get the science and medicine. There are some hacks to change main aspiration (and then back again) to get around this. Let's hope christianlov is reading this... If so, please, oh please, and thanks in advance

That is apart of the Insimenator.
Page 2 of 3