Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#801 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 6:04 PM
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#802 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 9:42 PM
Desert Bluffs has expanded slightly, with a new Farmer's Market opening up. The long-planned community pool has also finally opened its doors, welcoming the community to cool off during the approaching hot summer.

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#803 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 6:28 PM
Service Area
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#804 Old 1st Feb 2022 at 7:59 AM
Default Evergreen Bay so far...
This is my new hood I've been working on. I feel that it is progressing but I am out of ideas for neighborhood deco (and out of neighborhood deco to use).

[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#805 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 1:50 AM
Default An updated pic of Evergreen Bay
I've added some more deco and moved in some sims.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#806 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

I love it. I was going to ask about the bridge in the forefront but apparently I have it because my hood is your Channelwood terrain. I haven't found it yet in my downloads.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#807 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 8:52 AM
@wowrosanna The island looks great, I love the tree colours! Which bridge did you mean?
Field Researcher
#808 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 9:24 AM
@wowrosanna The island looks great, I love the tree colours! Which bridge did you mean?

The one that connects the left side of Lacuna to the right side.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#809 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 10:04 AM
Oh, they are the default neighbourhood bridges that are generated- the same as you see in Pleasantview. They are not objects, they are modularly generated by the game depending on the road length and elevation, and you can't delete them or move them in-game. I changed the heights of mine in SC4 using a mod, and then using Mootilda's HoodReplace program to get those changes into my current game. I make mine visible in lot view as they are coincidentally the same size as these bridges from @sunrader :
https://sunradersimblr.tumblr.com/p...sedona-widespot

The stone bridge thing is the viaduct from the neighbourhood deco section.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#810 Old 5th Feb 2022 at 10:56 PM
This neighborhood started to be built in 2014 and was finished in 2020. Unfortunately my computer (or the game itself) didn't allow me to inhabit it, the game crashes haha

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#811 Old 6th Feb 2022 at 10:40 PM
@Henrique TDB That is fantastic, reminds me of Sim City!

Screenshots
Alchemist
#812 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 11:27 PM
@simsample What's the weathered wallpaper on that little blue shed in the foreground? That's very nice.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#813 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 1:55 PM
@Sunrader They are some of Pixelhate's Time Factor walls, so either here or here.
Test Subject
#814 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 10:06 PM
@Henrique TDB That is fantastic, reminds me of Sim City!

this is amazing
Instructor
#815 Old 18th Feb 2022 at 3:44 AM Last edited by Yvelotic2001 : 18th Apr 2022 at 5:10 PM.
Decided to completely redo my previous attempt at a new Sim Center in Downtown. Now instead of loosely following the original layout of Sim Center with two lots "connected" by the lake, I've went with a 9x9 square (actually 4 lots to form the square) and more closely following the Gulbenkian gardens I mentioned. Just like last time, landscaping without CC was/is a pain, but it's turning out okay. Perfect Plants is a must, though.

The biggest lot is a 6x5 with the actual museum building (without a single piece of furniture it's already tagged at 280k, I might have gone overboard with the shrubbery). There's also a 6x4 that will have the lake and a sort of bamboo maze leading into all kinds of little nooks. The other two lots are 5x3 and 4x3, one already has something built, both will have a small building like that, a café or something. When all 4 lots are done, they will hopefully join as seamlessly as possible (the lot imposters don't seem too bad so far) and form a square of peace and quiet among the hustle and bustle of this new Downtown.
Screenshots

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Instructor
#816 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 12:09 AM
Finished the shells, now this is probably going to sit unfinished for months until I decide to decorate it lol. It actually joined together fairly nicely. I would love to have btsu's Better Tree Lot Imposters but they seem to mess up the neighbourhood view of these lots with trees disappearing or turned into random lines, has anyone faced the same problem?

Screenshots

Forum Resident
#817 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Finished the shells, now this is probably going to sit unfinished for months until I decide to decorate it lol. It actually joined together fairly nicely. I would love to have btsu's Better Tree Lot Imposters but they seem to mess up the neighbourhood view of these lots with trees disappearing or turned into random lines, has anyone faced the same problem?

This is nice! Are you planning on sharing it when you're done?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#818 Old 3rd Mar 2022 at 2:21 PM
Here's Brabdb Falls after editing the town landscape to remove annying vegetation.Double images are a site glitch.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#819 Old 14th Apr 2022 at 4:20 AM
So I've finally finished this hood I've been working on for a little bit. I'm starting a 'challenge' for myself where I create a new hood full of sims from scratch using ONLY the base game. As I play through more generations and hit certain milestones, I'll add expansion packs into the game and update my hood accordingly.

Welcome to Sim Valley:

Instructor
#820 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
This is nice! Are you planning on sharing it when you're done?

Oh yeah, definitely! I'm building it in my CC-free game precisely because I plan on (eventually) sharing it. Though it will sit on the backburner for a while because a) I'm busy and b) I hope to eventually use LazyDuchess's Huge Lots when they're stable.

Forum Resident
#821 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 5:33 PM
Azalea Acres, the neighborhood that I play with cc and downloaded houses and stuff without worrying, has a university, Springvale University. (I have a lot of pink flashing because of my beloved cc hairstyles)
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#822 Old 3rd May 2022 at 10:48 PM
Some landscapes from my hood this week:

Mad Poster
#823 Old 4th May 2022 at 10:50 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 4th May 2022 at 11:03 PM.
Some landscapes from my hood this week:

@simsample May I ask what that imposing building in picture 4 is? The poor maid will have her work cut out if she's going to clean that place!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this is a picture thread, here's a picture from my game:

This is Chester Gieke's house in Greaves Avenue in downtown Veronaville. It's actually taken during gameplay that will be lost when I restore from an earlier backup, but I'm sure Chester's house will look just the same.

There is something that intensely irritates me in this picture. Because Downtown uses a concrete terrain type, all the land in between lots shows as uniform grey in lot view. If I look at the same area in neighbourhood view, there's actually a lot of grass growing there. (Admittedly a little sparse in this particular location.) I understand that Maxis Neighbourhood "Effects" cannot be made visible in Lot View, but has anyone found any workaround for this? It's especially annoying for terrain colouring and Farm Fields.

I believe that there's a cheat that would let me change the terrain type to "lush", but that would make everything green. (And it might not be reversible.) What I really need is terrain colouring and farm fields (and maybe wild flowers) that are visible in lot view. I wonder if anybody has managed this, perhaps by creating custom versions of them, which are designated as "Flora" rather than "Effects".
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#824 Old 5th May 2022 at 12:42 AM
@AndrewGloria The building is a large block of flats; my sims live in the penthouse, which spans the entire top floor! There is a cleanbot to help the maid.

I don't know of anyone who has made the neighbourhood grassy patch visible in lot view, but you can have farm fields:
https://genlisae.dreamwidth.org/260467.html
https://pixeldolly.tumblr.com/post/...dly-farm-fields
Also wheat/ maize:
https://greatcheesecakepersona.tumb...seasonal-fields
And tulips!
https://gingerplaysthesims.tumblr.c...tulip-fields-by
These are all objects though, and square/rectangular, not the faded out irregular shape of the grassy patches they use in Downtown. So I don't know if they are quite right for you? Maybe others will know of something if you ask in WCIF.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#825 Old 12th May 2022 at 6:15 AM
Here's the view of my Alpine Valley town with build progress so far as it appears in the game.It won't look exactly the same for everybody as my uploaded version is just the terrain cleaned up and with likely just a town sign in place.Alpine Valley was created off one of the game terrain maps made by EA and sold with the game.I just did a cleared out version without any of the mess the game generates when you generate the terrain map using the one the town is based from.
Screenshots
Page 33 of 35