Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Public Beta] The Randomizer Mod - REWORKED!

by Lyralei Posted 16th Jun 2022 at 4:30 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2023 at 12:43 PM by Lyralei

226 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 188 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 8:34 PM
OMG! That's what I needed in my game! Thank you so much <33
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 10:48 PM
This is massive! Thank you for creating such a fun-looking mod, I can't wait to try it out Lyralei!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 10:51 PM
This looks amazingly fun!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 11:34 PM
Wow, this looks fantastic! I can't wait to try it out
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 11:52 PM
cant wait to use this!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 2:24 AM
So creative! This will make gameplay even more interesting.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 9:20 AM
Wow. I deeply respect and appreciate such well-thought-out gameplay mods like this, plus I'm not the player who shies away from sudden deaths. I definitely want to try it in my game but may I have some dumb questions first? 1. If I understand correctly, one has to download the Base file AND the Core file AND at least 1 Modul file, Is this correct? 2. Does it matter how many EPs I have installed? 3. All these random events will affect the current active household only, right? No effect on the currently non-active households? 4. I know it's still a beta, but what to expect, does it work together with Nraas SP or Awesomemod?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flora2
Wow. I deeply respect and appreciate such well-thought-out gameplay mods like this, plus I'm not the player who shies away from sudden deaths. I definitely want to try it in my game but may I have some dumb questions first? 1. If I understand correctly, one has to download the Base file AND the Core file AND at least 1 Modul file, Is this correct? 2. Does it matter how many EPs I have installed? 3. All these random events will affect the current active household only, right? No effect on the currently non-active households? 4. I know it's still a beta, but what to expect, does it work together with Nraas SP or Awesomemod?

Regarding the question on what to install: yep! 1 module is the minimum, but you can also play with 3 or 6 or even all of them

Regarding the ep question, it's no big deal if you don't have them but for the disaster module, you probably want ambitions and or into the future. For friendship, you'll need pets. I did include checks though on of they're installed, so I'll add that to the description.

On the household question: it's indeed just your household you can switch the households all you want of course and then that active household will have events happening. So it's the household you're currently controlling that will have events happening.

On the Nraas/awesome mod question... Nraas for me is fine! That's the mod I like to play with and have test played it with for quite a while I'm sure awesome mod will work with this too though! Can't see a reason why not.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 10:40 AM
What a great mod, thank you for that!
How does the diseases module play along with Nraas Vector? Are they compatible?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
What a great mod, thank you for that!
How does the diseases module play along with Nraas Vector? Are they compatible?

Not entirely sure, I actually don't play with Vector, but it shouldn't be conflicting with it either if that makes sense And thus, it's probably good to assume that vector won't be in control with the diseases module
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 2:52 PM
NICE!!!! This seems like a ton of fun
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 2:55 PM
Oooh this seems like a great way to spice up the gameplay! Thanks a lot looks like lots of fun!!
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 3:51 PM
So excited to try this!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 4:00 PM
Holy moly! What a huge and interesting mod you've made. I'm really impressed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 5:07 PM
Oh wow! This looks very interesting, can't wait to use it!
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 8:33 PM
This seems like a super interesting mod! I think I found a bug though -- for some reason, my sim will go to work, stay there for a bit, then leave. Then it'll say they were demoted but when I check they're at the same job level they were initially and their progress bar is neutral. I wonder if removing the "Work" module will solve it?
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Jun 2022 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CioffDogg
This seems like a super interesting mod! I think I found a bug though -- for some reason, my sim will go to work, stay there for a bit, then leave. Then it'll say they were demoted but when I check they're at the same job level they were initially and their progress bar is neutral. I wonder if removing the "Work" module will solve it?

Unless an event triggered I'm not sure that it may be related with the mod. Did you see any popups or notifications at all?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 3:51 AM
Omigod this looks like so much fun. Definitely going to try out this evening. Thank you for your work!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 11:42 AM
I've been searching for similiar mod for years! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 1:42 PM
Thank you so much for this mod, and thank you for making it so easily customisable as well!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 7:14 PM
I am speechless, my sims will abuse of using these interactions. They'll be more interesting than they are already are.
Test Subject
#23 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 7:35 PM
I noticed this mod conflicts with Knitting mod. After instalation my sims couldn't knit and skill disappeared. I'd really like to use both mods so could you check what's wrong?
Test Subject
#24 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Unless an event triggered I'm not sure that it may be related with the mod. Did you see any popups or notifications at all?

I didn't get any popups or notifications other than those that usually come up in the upper righthand text box.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 8:08 PM Last edited by Nieri : 19th Jun 2022 at 2:08 AM.
I love the idea of this mod and can't wait to use it. I kept getting NRAAS Traveler errors when I installed the mod. I removed it (Traveler mod) and didn't get more errors. After that, though, my game would freeze after playing for a while and I'd have to shut down.

I do have quite a few mods in my game. Are there any mods that are incompatible with this one?
Page 1 of 10