Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"CounterCulture" Modular Kitchen Set *UPD 20mar08*

by MaryLou & Numenor Posted 24th Mar 2006 at 10:50 PM - Updated 20th Mar 2008 at 9:03 PM by MaryLou & Numenor : Fridge updated to FreeTime

248 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 244 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 10
Field Researcher
#226 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 10:37 PM
Fridge doesn't seem to be updated. File date is 2007-04-14, and tooltip still shows up ingame. Could you check it out please?

Speaking of tooltip, how can I remove such a tooltip that shows up upon mouseover in Live Mode? I have several old custom objects like that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#227 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 10:02 PM
Default Update!
14 FEB 2008 - BUGFIX: Fridge
Removed tooltip (this time for real! I swear! )
The updated fridge is included in the archive "CounterCultureSet_Appliances.rar", attached to the first post.

Lord Darcy - Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the mistake .
The corrected fridge's last modification date is 31 dec 2007.

As for the other custom objects that may suffer for this glitch, the problem can be easily fixed opening the package with SimPE and editing the Object Data (Raw Data tab): locate field 0x002B ("Tooltip Name Type"), in section "Miscellaneous" and set it to ZERO.

If you need to contact us, PM directly to "Numenor" or "MaryLou".

Please visit our sites: www.marylousims2.it and www.numenor-moddings.com
Field Researcher
#228 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 4:15 AM
Thanks for the update and info about tooltip fix.
Forum Resident
#229 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 4:47 AM
I noticed that the multi-fridge doesn't have "Serve Platter" function. I try to update it by replacing its TTAB and TTAs, but then I remember that the multi-fridge have custom pie-menu. So I cancelled updating it because what will happen if I do that.
Test Subject
#230 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 2:39 PM
WOW! The two of you are totally incredible! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Field Researcher
#231 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 10:43 PM
@anak_ponti: Hi, you are right, thanks for reminding, we are working on to get the fix as soon as possible

If you like my creations, you may consider to make a little donation to support my site and my modding activity.
MaryLou's Sims 2 World - MaryLou Sims 2 Forum (Italiano)
Test Subject
#232 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 2:38 AM
Love the above item and it got me to thinking about a new idea. I wondered if it's possible to make a seamless center island ( about four tiles in width and length) for the (sim) kitchen with open shelves underneath to place objects on? I greatly appreciate any advice. The work you two do together is absolutely fantastic!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#233 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 4:14 PM
If you want a center island where to put stools around, then it would be very hard to put/pick objects from the underneath shelves. And if you don't want to put chairs or stools around it, then you could just use the multi-corners: you are not allowed to add more objects on the shelves, but the final result is similar to what you want.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#234 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 9:07 PM
Default Update!
20 mar 2008 - UPDATE: Fridge

The Fridge now has the FreeTime options "Serve Platter..." and "Prepare for Contest".

The updated fridge is included in the archive "CounterCultureSet_Appliances.rar", attached to the first post.

(Click image to enlarge)

If you need to contact us, PM directly to "Numenor" or "MaryLou".

Please visit our sites: www.marylousims2.it and www.numenor-moddings.com
Test Subject
#235 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 5:21 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for all the great objects and hacks you have contributed. Some of the things from others have crashed my game but you always let us know what expansion packs will go with it. You are good enough to work for Maxis (EA Games). You might teach them a thing or two.
Instructor
#236 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 9:06 AM
Sorry to disturb but is there any plan to update the counters that came with Kitchen&Bath Stuff? Unfortunately new counters miss the features for using corners and it doesn't seem to have any care about implementing them.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#237 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 2:24 PM
This is a question you should have posted in the SEP thread. However, the answer is yes I plan to update the SEP in order to enable the usable corners in all the K&B and IKEA counters... when I could find the time to do that

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

#238 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 6:55 PM
Thank you two for all your hard work! Awesome!
Quote: Originally posted by MaryLou & Numenor
As for the other custom objects that may suffer for this glitch, the problem can be easily fixed opening the package with SimPE and editing the Object Data (Raw Data tab): locate field 0x002B ("Tooltip Name Type"), in section "Miscellaneous" and set it to ZERO.
Ah, just curious, but how would I go about deliberately adding a mouse-over ToolTip to an object I`ve cloned?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
The ModFather
retired moderator
#239 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 2:03 AM
I think that any non-zero value placed in the mentioned field 0x002B would trigger the tooltip.

#240 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 4:40 AM
Thank you. Is that also where I would place the desired text for the tool-tip?

The ModFather
retired moderator
#241 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 2:11 PM
In my experience, the only tooltip I could see is the name stored into the Catalog Description.

#242 Old 26th Dec 2008 at 8:21 PM
Thank you. Happy Christmas. Merry New Year.

Scholar
#243 Old 7th Jan 2009 at 2:24 AM
Hah. Only three more people need to thank you, and that number will be equal to the year it is. Sorry. lol. Thank you!
Mad Poster
#244 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 2:57 AM
Hiya Numenor -

I use these sets almost exclusively (but still have 300+ other counters in my catalog! LOL!) Anyway... I'm trying to pare down my DL folder (still) and am just wondering if there is a way to make these overwrite the maxis meshes? It seems like a waste of resources to load the DOA Maxis meshes along with ya'lls wonderful fixes.

If not an overwrite/override... can I "hide" the original maxis meshes? Or, will that cause my game to impload?

Thankies! ;-D

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#245 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 11:52 AM
This set is just wonderful ! I downloaded it today, how could I have missed it for so long ? Lol ! I discovered it on a Loft lot here that unfortunately I can't download (prob with some downloads at MTS hopefully it will be fixed). Anyway it shows up fine and will add it in a lot I'm building. So many thanks to you both. Without you what would the Sims 2 be, huh ? lol ! Much love and respect !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#246 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 8:18 PM
I've been using this for a while and had to redownload it once because I added Seasons, and I never noticed I was missing the corner piece until my most recent house... so I downloaded it again today to see if I just missed it somehow, and I reread everything... not sure if I just keep missing it or what, but I finally googled "counter culture corner" and came up with this link http://www.modthesims.info/d/198782 - I never realized it was a separate thing, so I thought I'd post to let people know just in case - I admit I did not read all 240+ posts in this thread so if it was already mentioned, my apologies.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#247 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 6:03 PM
Alll this time....I'm just realizing how AMAZING this tool is!! Thank you so much for sharing!
Test Subject
#248 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 5:48 PM
Obvs this is probably not gonna get fixed, but I just started playing Sims 2 again and wanted this back in my game only to discover that the CounterCultureSet_HangingModules.rar is damaged, according to Stuffit Expander. Very Sad.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#249 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 9:10 AM
Thanks You
Page 10 of 10