Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 6:01 PM
Both are Enayla's, one is pixie gold and the other is . . . uhhh . . . one I dont think she has on MTS2, but on Insimenator.net, it has freckles, really cute!

Thank you two for the nice comments!!! I have really got attached to this family. I play all my contests in a seperate hood, but this is the first time I have actually PLAYED in the hood before. This is the first time I am letting my family sim keep her 'Marry off Six Children' LTW!! LOL!!! I want to play them through college and into adulthood.

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Advertisement
#77 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 6:04 PM
well i managed to do it hard core with no cheats, a nanny and unruly brats and 2 that went into the red and got bad memories, they will be teens soon, if i havent lost them in a fatal comp crash that is
Forum Resident
#78 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 9:55 PM
Mookie - periodically copy just that neighborhood folder to your desktop - just in case.

I can see I must get busy on my own story pics again. Teenagers, here we come!
#79 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 5:01 PM
I think I'll try this one. I already made a family in cas but I made the toddlers twins with each other so I have 3 sets of twins one set is adopted and black. I did move them into a house but I could cheat and give them less money and move them into a smaller house.

Forum Resident
#80 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 5:28 PM
Alright MoonlitSmiles5, I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
#81 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 2:39 AM
Argh!!!!!

This challenge is so hard! My new family, The Grey family, is off to a rocky start.

Day one: Pretty well, hired the nanny at two am when my sims needed sleep.

Day two: My sim at contaminated food and got food poisining right after she had gotten a job! Argh!

She died at about five, when my Guy Sim Daniel couldn't get to the grim reaper to beg because the kids were in the way. At least she got a day of work in and brought home 200, plus the money for the urn. (A sims' gotta do what a sims gotta do!)

Day three: Counting the hours until they are children! 11 to go!

Would it be cheating if I adopted another kid, one who's a little older?
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ghostgirl
A sims' gotta do what a sims gotta do
:dumbfunny: That was too good!

Cole Porter - 1954
#83 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 4:52 AM
I started and my family has 3 boys and 2 girls. Like I said earlier there are 3 sets of twins with them. 4 have been potty trained, 3 are walking and they all have some skills built up. They are so hard to take care of I called a nanny at 2am the first night and one comes over when mommy is working but I hope my parents can live through to the next day until they all grow up.
All together:

Jammyn(boy) and Jasmyn (girl)

Jaxxyn and Jaysyn (I don't remember who is wearing what)

Jensyn(pink) and Jordyn(blue)
Forum Resident
#84 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 1:19 PM
Great pic moonlitsmiles5.

GhostGirl - sorry about your mom. No it's not cheating to adopt. Anything the game lets you do without cheats and hacks is allowed.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 6:17 PM
I decided that I'd give this a shot. Here is the Faron family:

The parents are Michael and Kayli and the children, from left to right, are Cyan, Sabin, Rydia, Porom, Palom and Edgar.

I think I've gotten through at least two days, not exactly sure because my game has crashed twice while I was playing this family and I've had to keep doing stuff over, which is a real pain. I've been having a real tough time with these guys, haven't managed to teach them any skills yet. Here are some shots from the first day:

Unfortunately they're not all on the same sleep schedule anymore. ><

I took a break from them to play a new legacy family, but then they ended up having triplets. I can't take any more babies! Ahhh!! Can't wait until these guys are kids. ^^;;
Forum Resident
#86 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 6:46 PM
Mine were never really on the same sleep schedule. I was often getting the first up as the last was going to bed. If I had time to eat jello, use the bath, or take a bath, I was happy. I just put a parent to bed after things were under control and let that one sleep until the other needed help. After doing what needed to be done (feeding, putting to bed, getting out of cribs, bathing), it would be switch off time and that parent would deal with everything while the other slept.

Really cute family and nice house set-up!
Test Subject
#87 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 1:59 PM
I haven't re-started my sextuplet challenge because I've been trying to clean my computer of files. I downloaded Season 3 of the OC, so once I'm done watching it and delete it, I'll re-install Uni and Nightlife, and get my sextuplet challenge underway again.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 7:26 PM
Well, the Faron sextuplets are finally kids! Just in time, too, I don't think they could have lasted much longer. Here are some shots from their first couple days as children:

The living room before The Cleaning:

I had to sell the table and chairs...

Edgar and Sabin don't get along

Cheering up Rydia for growing up badly

Only two of the children grew up in green aspiration, the rest all grew up badly, and I was only able to potty-train one of them. Michael lost his job right before they grew up, so they couldn't afford to pay the nanny and she ran off with their bathtub and the parents' bed. Even after selling off all the baby stuff, and extra furniture and windows I still couldn't afford enough beds for everyone, not to mention a shower, so the first night was pretty rough. Especially considering that the fridge had just run out of food, so I had to spend my last 30 simoleans on Chinese food. Only two kids made it to school the next morning and everyone got sick from the cockroaches that were attracted by the mess. Luckily that was Friday, so now I have the weekend to get everything straightened out. With the help of some money trees and selling extra doors, a toilet and most of the lights (I use radiance lighting, so this is somewhat of an issue, hehe), I was able to get a shower and enough beds for everyone. I've also found both parents jobs on different schedules, so things should start improving dramatically from here. :yippee:
Forum Resident
#89 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 12:37 AM
Miss Puff - Wow. I thought my family was poor. I don't have a table and chairs or a couch. Everyone eats and studies standing up or sitting on the floor. And all the kids have the really cheap beds. But I have the nice single bed that the parents "hot bunked" because they needed all the comfort and energy they could get.

One other hint is send the kids to school and the parents to work hungry. They usually get fed while they are out and it doesn't cost anything. My family has been surviving on jello which lasts for 24 hours and takes no preparation time.
#90 Old 26th Nov 2006 at 5:15 PM
WOW this sounds like hell....I'll do it!!

I'll post pics later...oh jeez, this is gonna be scary :bombface:
Field Researcher
#91 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
Miss Puff - Wow. I thought my family was poor. I don't have a table and chairs or a couch. Everyone eats and studies standing up or sitting on the floor.

Yeah, I didn't plan ahead very well, I spent too much money at the beginning buying things like tables and chairs that never really got used and that I ended up having to sell later at a depreciated value to pay the nanny. The only reason the couch got saved was because they could sleep on it when I still didn't have enough beds, hehe.

Things are going MUCH better for the Farons, though. Kayli's gotten promoted twice and is a lobbyist now, but Michael has kept his evening job as a security guard so one of them would always be home.

Portrait of the kids:

A typical morning:

Dinner time (it's annoying how there are only six servings ><):

Michael and Kayli have some free time to enjoy by themselves now, too:

And here are Cyan, Sabin and Rydia turning into teens!

I don't have any good pictures of them as teens yet, though. They all did pretty well as kids. They all learned how to study and all but two of them grew up in gold, with the others in green aspiration.
Forum Resident
#92 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 8:22 PM
Good job Miss Puff! I'll be waiting on more pics.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 1:25 AM
Oh I love seeing this pics! You are doing such a great job!!

HORRIBLE NEWS!!!!!!

I go away for several days b/c of relatives visiting, then I load up my game and my N002 hood *my contest one* has been corrupted!! I have lost ALL my families and I do not have them saved or a backup of that hood b/c I normally never really have anything worth saving in that hood. *weeps* The mom was a guy sim from my main hood just switched over with new genetics, but the dad was just random, so I cannot recreate them.

But I am going to start over b/c this was such a hard challenge I want to finish it!! :D

Cole Porter - 1954
Forum Resident
#94 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 4:30 AM
Wow. That is sad news. I often package my families when I move them onto their lot so that I can install them anywhere later just in case that happens. I often use the randomly generated Sim character in CAS and then tweak some features so I would never be able to recreate my Sims either. In fact my Eunick sextuplet family was just tweaking the male and female Sims that came up in CAS. But maybe you'll enjoy playing it again.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 11:18 AM
This challenge is sooooooo much fun.

My poor sims have the most incredibly ugly children I have seen. I made Adam Poplulous elf-like, with a narrow angular face while his wife, Eve, has a chubby round face. The genetic results were hilarious.

Then my poor sims found themselves in a home of the most unique construction. One LARGE room downstairs with 6 cribs, a fridge, stove (& fire alarm), a bookshelf, 2 countertops, sink & a 4 long seating area that looks like it belongs in a train station. Then the entrance hall had a staircase, changing table, 3 potties, 2 charima bunnies & 2 logic playsets. Upstairs went straight into mum & dad's bedroom (1 cheap double bed), with an ensuit bathroom - a bath/shower combo and a toilet, as well as a single comfy chair and a TV (yes, in the bathroom). Outside there were 2 xylophones. The house had flooring, but only 3 doors & no windows. Luckily this left me with some cash to spare so mum & dad didn't have to work.

The toddler years were rough. Eve immediately studied for a skill point and then played with the kids to afford smart milk. Adam held down the fort. It soon became obviously clear that this would not work and a nanny was hired. It is unfortunate that she had brain damage and firmly believed in feeding the kids above all else. No hungry tods, but plenty of stinky, tired, crying ones. Dad would take a tired tod and put it in the crib... and nanny would come take it out and feed it - even though it wasn't hungry. This led to both parents constantly fixing the nanies mistakes and doing basic looking after of kids - with the occaisonal tickle here or there. By the time one parent had managed to change and put all the toddlers to bed they were exhausted and it was the others turn to take over damage control. Not hiring a nanny didn't work either as the awake toddlers would go and cry at the sleeping ones, causing havock.

Eventually it was decided that enough was enough and birthday cakes were required. After miraculously potty training one toddler and teaching another to talk (they somehow had an out-of-sync sleeping pattern) 2 toddlers grew up in plat! By which point the folks barely managed to drag 2 more to the cakes (1 gold, 1 green - I love last minute playing). The school bus came for 4 kids while the other 2 remained fast asleep... still not grown up. So the folks hired a nanny and had a good sleep again. Finally the parents managed to play one up to gold and decided that green was as far as the last was getting.

The kids are doing well. All their old toddler stuff was sold and cheap beds bought. Adam & Eve got jobs and they've managed to add a kitchen and second bathroom. 4 of the kids have learnt how to do homework. And skills are also looking good (one, Ashley, got to logic 5 while a toddler and has earned 2 cleaning points since).

Now that the terrible toddler years are over it looks like my family will be making it through happy and whole.

The money & loss of a day was soooooooo worth it! One less day of torture.

And just so y'all know - Maxis stuff only (Recolours allowed, but no meshed cc/cheap goods used).

Wish I had pictures to show you... maybe I'll dig some up at some point.
Forum Resident
#96 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 2:49 PM
Great Story. I loved it!
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 7:55 PM
i tried the challenge, but this one toddler ruined it for me. she wouldn't let anyone take care of her, she was stuck in some loop about whining for food, hygene, and energy. so two days before they grew up, the social worker came. i used insimenator to get six kids again, and grew them into toddlers. but when i was changing the diapers an error kept coming up, and i would have to reset it, and the kids couldn't be changed, so i sold the corrupt changing station, and bought a new one. then i noticed one of my toddlers was GONE. so i tried to restore family, and the missing toddler came back in the form of a toddler, but was at the age of baby. so i just deleted them and tried to start over. -shakes head- haven't created new family yet though. it was really hard though. when ever the parents tried to sleep, a toddler would be yelling at them for food or something, so they couldn't sleep, and they almost died.
Forum Resident
#98 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 9:56 PM
That really was an awful experience. I play in a cc free game so I haven't had any glitches. My parents never sleep at the same though, and I have a hall between the play room and the sleep room. In case one starts to wander off from playing to create havoc, I can usually intercept the little tyke before they can get to the sleep room and wake up anyone. I also think that if you have a sunken floor for the playroom, they can't climb stairs; so they can't play in the toilet or cry for anything where the others are sleeping. You just need to be vigilant and get them up before they cry so as not to wake the others.
I do hope you try again, and good luck!
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 12:50 AM
i created another family, and this time i put the parent's bedroom upstairs. and made a huge room. my old house had more, but smaller rooms, so that was a problem. there were some hard times, and i don't think i ever used the changing table anyhow, just changed them where they were and left the diapers. they all grew up in green, and are children. but mostly everyone is sick all the time, from all those bottles, diapers, and trash piles everywhere. both parents have jobs, the mom from 7am-1pm, and the dad from 3pm-10pm. so there is someone home when they are leaving for school, or coming home. also on the weekends. it works out really well. I have pictures of the parents and children, just to show what they looks like. didn't have any time to take while they were toddlers. always busy. either getting a bottle, changing a diaper, bathing a toddler, putting them to bed, or letting them out of their crib. didn't use the nanny that much, except when mom went to work. dad got to sleep when ever he wanted, because there was a nanny in the morning, and his wife after 1pm. i'm so glad i got through the terrible toddlers years!

~ The Silo Family ~

Silo Family
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...e/Sims/Silo.jpg

David
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Sims/David.jpg

Paisley
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ims/Paisley.jpg

Jana
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...e/Sims/Jana.jpg

Kiara
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Sims/Kiara.jpg

Kameron
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ims/Kameron.jpg

Kaylee
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...Sims/Kaylee.jpg

Paul
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...e/Sims/Paul.jpg

Tucker
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...Sims/Tucker.jpg
Forum Resident
#100 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 1:07 AM
Yeah... I thought about just making it a terrrible twos/trying threes/fearsome fours challenge. Just getting them from toddlers to children without a nervous breakdown on the part of any Sim or yourself is the real challenge. I believe the nanny is more hassle than she's worth. I wonder how many bottles she can get out of the refrigerator on any one shift?
Page 4 of 12