Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 1:35 AM
lol. yah. amazingly, none of my parents had breakdowns, the stupid wolves didn't help, but between becoming best friends with their kids, and just plaing with them, they kept in the red, but not enough for the crazy doctor. ^_^ I'm taking a break from them however, for the moment. The house was cleaned up when I left, and all children but one are taught how to do homework. but almost everyone is sick.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 2:14 AM
I like your pics Painted Rain.
#103 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 5:12 AM
I had some time to play today and I finally had all toddlers growup into children. All were potty trained and walking but no one learned how to talk. I had a nanny hired while mommy was at work and dad worked at night but he had the first 2 days as his days off. I have a few hacks and cc like a buyable smartmilk that costs 0 simoleans. The nanny was worthless and I had her feeding 3 bottles to one toddler while all the others were hungry or sleepy and throwing tantrums.

But I made it through all that and the dad didn't get to see any of his children grow up cuz he was at work. The kids were very tired and so was mom when all children finally grew up. I sold all the cribs, changing table, toys, sandpiles etc and bought 3 bunkbeds. So I'm living in a 2 bedroom house with the table outside and the desk with the computer. The parents room has only a double bed and a mirror and they hate it in there. The kids bedroom has only beds and is larger than the parents bedroom.

this is the only picture I have so far of them as children.

Unfortunately I have a hack where the kids wet the bed and have a bad memory from it. that first night they all wet the bed except for Jensyn
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 2:39 PM
skylark (love your name) - your story was great! Horrible, but still had me laughing!

paintedrain - wow, that sucks. Sometimes you just get a buggy lot. Usually if that happens to me I just move my family out and then move them into another lot. Sorry for all your troubles. but your new family is SO beautiful! Some of the prettiest sim kids, and your mom was so cute cute cute!

moonlit - great job! Making it to childhood was SUCH a relief!

Ciane - yeah, normally I do that too, had another contest lot packaged, but the other ones in that hood were just single sims on a lot I had saved somewhere else. So this was my only mistake, not saving this family. But I am actually waiting for my game to load right now and am going to make a new family. :D

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Forum Resident
#105 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 3:08 PM
I stop play when the nanny heads for the frig and try to guess which toddler she is going to feed. I tell all the hungry ones to stop playing and move to a clear area. When the nanny can't give the bottle to one she wants, she'll get another bottle for that one no matter what. So I tell that one to go to a clear spot to await the next bottle and have a hungry one drink the bottle right away (or the nanny'll throw that bottle away, no matter how many dirty bottles on the floor). If the toddler wasn't really hungry, another tyke can drink what's left in the bottle before it goes bad.

You should build up reward points to get the smart milk instead of buying it. (I'll add buyable smart milk to the light edition.)
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 7:59 PM
how do you get the sims to pose, like in some of Miss Puff's pictures? Like where the Dad has his arm around the Mom, etc. it looks awesome, i can't figure out how to do it though.
Forum Resident
#107 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 8:01 PM
Use the cuddle option on the loveseat.
Test Subject
#108 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 4:47 AM
I'm ready to remake a family and try the challenge again, but everytime I load the game it sticks at "(whatever) Wheel Bearings" ARGHHH!
Forum Resident
#109 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 4:57 AM
Maybe something you downloaded is causing havoc. Good luck finding the problem! And good luck with your family!
#110 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PaintedRain
how do you get the sims to pose, like in some of Miss Puff's pictures? Like where the Dad has his arm around the Mom, etc. it looks awesome, i can't figure out how to do it though.

Squinge is most awesome:
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=9544
Field Researcher
#111 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flamebabe9
Squinge is most awesome:
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=9544

This one is helpful too: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=13943
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 11:18 PM
thank you! ^_^
both hacks look awesome!
#113 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 2:22 PM
ok im going to re try this, here i go for equality and repressed sims everywhere, and no cheats
Test Subject
#114 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 6:23 AM
Im going to start tommorrow cuz im off to bed now.
Forum Resident
#115 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 6:30 AM
Good luck once again MookiePants and to you as well TrevorKidd.
#116 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 2:44 AM
LMAO...hold on still laughing this is crazy!!! I think i might try it lol
Test Subject
#117 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 12:43 AM
I started again. Matt and Hayley Young have Aaron, Brenna, Charlotte, David, Emily, and Frances.

This is them as youngsters.

They all grew up as toddlers in the green atleast, no platinums though. There were two nurseries downstairs, which now have been taken down, walls and all, and put towards a room upstairs next to mom and dad's.

I didn't take any pictures while playing, but here's a photo:

Blue outfit red hair is Brenna, blue outfit black hair is Frances, red hair pink outfit is Charlotte, black hair pink outfit is Emily, and David is the boy with black hair, while Aaron has red.
Forum Resident
#118 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 3:14 AM
SupermanSpectacular - I'd love to see try it.

Euphoria Depression - Really great family.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 10:55 PM
I haven't had a lot of time to play this family recently, but from when I have, things have been going pretty well. The teens have been doing well in school and have been working on their skills and relationships and the parents have each gotten promoted. None of the teens have gotten a want to get a job, so I haven't bothered getting them any yet. It's still pretty hectic with so many sims running around, especially since they tend to have friends over a lot too, but it's pretty fun and no where near as horrifying as it was when they were toddlers.

Portrait:

Porom is a Pleasure sim:

Palom is Popularity:

Rydia is Family:

Edgar and Cyan are both Knowledge:

and Sabin is Romance:

although Palom was the first to get a First Kiss

Ciane - when are you going to update your family on your website again?
Forum Resident
#120 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 3:53 AM
My contest should end tomorrow and then I'll be able to get back to the Eunicks. I have taken pictures and and just need to put them on the web.

Looking good.
#121 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 9:48 PM
Hi everyone I am going to restart this challenge I did one and the first day the parents worked 2 nanny's actually came, big mistake. I could not pay for them and the guy came and collected my table, and they were not worth the money. I actually only got 4 in green and the rest in red. Also all the kids practically hate each other so fights are a daily experance. But before they grew up I had to cheat to keep the guy to come again and take something else for not paying bills. I used kaching. Oh and the nanny's would not come back after I did not pay. :eviltongu So I'm starting over and using some hints others have to help maybe this time will be better Any secret to have them not hate each other I just used the horoscope that was given remind me again what horoscopes work better together, or should all the kids have the same one since their sextuplets and in real life were born on the same day so it would all be the same. Be back later with toddler and house pics.
#122 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 4:10 AM
Day one at the Maxwell Family.
It started good everyone got to skill building and playing. But when everybody's bladder and hygiene needs started dropping it got hectic but everyone was diaper changed and put to bed. Later at night it was again bad, but Tristan and Cristi the Parents finally got a bit of sleep.
Day 2
Morning and hungry babies but the nanny was on the way. Just as bad as usual but was worried about Carisa she was completely red in 3 needs.

Day 3
hectic again 2 are in green 1 in yellow and 2 in red. Tonight they will grow up unfortunately they have not learned anything although I tried. Wed 4 pm almost all are in green now and sleeping. Just need to spend more time with Carisa or they will take her away. Everyone grew up in green and once everyone's needs are filled hopefully it will get better. I had a problem and had to move them to a new lot but its the same size.

Tristin

Cristi

Anna

Betsy

Carisa

David

Eric

Freddy

Family

House

Birthday
Test Subject
#123 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 12:27 PM
LEsherick2007- that's quite a house for $20,000!
Forum Resident
#124 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 1:41 PM
LEsherick2007 - I love them! I think the game just randomly messes with game stats and likes sibling rivalry. But try to avoid bottle stealing and wanting the same toy, which could lead to bad feelings.
Do you keep your graphics set at low to make the game easier to play? (I always change the graphics settings to high.)
#125 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 6:31 PM
Actually they are set to high I actually set the pics to high and I guess putting it on Photo Bucket distorts the image a bit
Page 5 of 12