Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#126 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 8:41 PM
Yeah, that happens to me too. But do you have the graphics and the camera settings both set to high?
Advertisement
#127 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 5:09 AM
Yea I'm pretty sure they are all set to high just in case I will check but I think so.
Forum Resident
#128 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 5:54 PM
I updated my web with the pictures I had taken a long time ago. I'll go in game and play them today to get some new pictures showing the transition to teens.
Forum Resident
#129 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 5:33 PM
I updated the web to show the toddlers as teens now.
Field Researcher
#130 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 3:31 PM
I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. The Farons had a great Christmas. :D

Breakfast Christmas morning:

Poking the fire (I was certain this would lead to fiery death, but suprisingly nothing even caught on fire):

Palom (Popularity Sim): "Hey, let's take a picture!"
Cyan (Knowledge Sim): "What are you doing? Get off of me!"
(He probably thought he was going to be getting another noogie )

Family Portait (by Porom):

I just realized that Rydia's been cut out of it - guess her and Porom had some sort of disagreement and this is the result. :P

My Chistmas was pretty good too, and I finally got the Pets expansion! I probably won't have any pets in this household, though, it's crowded enough as it is. Maybe Michael and Kayli will after the kids move out, it's going to seem too empty then. The teens only have 5 days left until the big day, too, and I'll post a more informative update about how everything's been going then.
Forum Resident
#131 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 4:18 PM
Looks great! Thanks for sharing. Pets for Christmas - Nice!
#132 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 10:40 PM
I had to reinstall the Sims 2 yesterday and I lost the family so I am going to start again. With a new family.
#133 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 1:47 AM
Has anyone used the inteenimater and tried it from babies? I tried it last night just for fun and made me couple have 3 sets of twins after another ... when you click speed up pregnancy you get an immediate option.
Forum Resident
#134 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 4:54 AM
Interesting... babies adds a whole different dimension. Lots of feedings and diaper changes. Share pics with us.
#135 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 5:07 AM
will do .. tonight when i start again! LOL i actually got a visit from the social worker and reloaded!
#136 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 3:17 AM
BUBS

TODDLERS

MUM HAS TOTALLY LOST IT AFTER ONE DAY WITH TODDLERS

FINALLY TEENS

I accidently deleted the child pic ... but yes its harder with them starting off as babies.
Forum Resident
#137 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:49 PM
Wow that was fast! Nice pics.
#138 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:54 PM
im totally doing it again though and getting better pix ... plus i was fortunate to get some good looking sims out of it ... hmmm might use them in some contests! this time i will post more pix ...
#139 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 3:24 PM
Where do you get your great hair and objects I love them I can't find very good objects anywhere or at least free objects and hair and I don't have money to subscribe to alot of places. If I were to subscribe a one website where do you all think I should subscribe at.
#140 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 3:36 PM
the donation stuff with cribs came from vitasims i think? but if i was to recommend a site to you with free and donation items it would be www.peggysims2.net or 4ESF for free and donations for items ....errr, peggy sims is worth the donation, most definatley.
Forum Resident
#141 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 6:02 PM
I only use the free stuff. I visit the sims resourse all the time. They have a lot of free stuff - and it rotates every three days. Of course I play in a cc free environment myself and just use the cc for contests.
Field Researcher
#142 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 7:07 PM
Actually, I believe that TSR have stopped their free rotations pretty much, and now all the Featured Artist stuff you have to pay for. They do advertise a few free sets in their newsletter, though, that are free while that newsletter is current, and I think they send out a new one every month (maybe bi-monthly, though, not sure).

I wouldn't recommend paying for any content, though, and there is TONS of stuff out there that's just as good and sometimes better than the pay stuff. I had several gigs worth of content on my old computer without paying a dime and when I got my new one I decided to clean it all out and start over because it was taking me half an hour to load the game with all the stuff I had. If you want some suggestions on sites or more reasons for not using paysites you can PM me, I don't want to drag this thread off topic anymore.
Forum Resident
#143 Old 31st Dec 2006 at 8:10 PM
Thanks Miss Puff. I guess I don't know about free rotations every 3 days any more as there is always so much free stuff I just look at the first 15 pages of all free content and then look at free sets until I see stuff I've already seen.

I am thinking of making more stuff for the completion of each phase of the challenge. I have the two paintings suitable for toddlers for just attempting the challenge, and the outfits I uploaded at MTS2 for them. I made the teal bandana that I could send to all who made it past toddler hood. I'll can also recolor some children clothes and then make a couple paintings for getting past their childhood. Then I could make something suitable for teens.
#144 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 10:05 AM
Default Linley Family - Take Two At The Challenge
Ive been hard at work with this for about 2 days now ... thank god for adolesence! ... usually normal parents actually dread this age! But for a sims player it's relieving!

As Babies ... 5 girls and one little boy ... and this is why they were happy. I vowed not to hire a nanny, but that lasted all of about 16 sim hours.

As Toddlers ... this stage was reasonably easy THANKGOD FOR toddler blankets! Such an excellent mod that is

And here they are playing ... being good ... not naughty!

AND HERE"S THE ENTIRE FAMILY
When you can actually start to see where the genes are going to...

Playing in the backyard, had some close calls at this age, a few of them dropped to low grades, there just was never enough hours in the day!

FINALLY TEENS... That child week was getting pretty long!

*poor Christian he just seems so out of place with his sisters*

Will post adult pictures when they finally get there
So far my score is 190 ... which is pretty poor, but i will try and get them all to have their first kisses etc.
Forum Resident
#145 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 9:07 PM
It's interesting how all the girls have mom's red hair and Christian has his Dad's. It's also interesting that the cleft chin doesn't show up until they are teens. Yasmin looked so grown up as a child, I thought at first she was already a teen. The toddler blankets totally change the play, making it so much easier for you. I like the challenge of playing it with regular beds myself. Great job! Did you try to encourage them to change personality points at all?
#146 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 12:26 AM
i havent done it yet, but i willl try because some of them are grouchy ... hehe. yeah only two of the tups got dads skin tone, it dont look really attractive on girls, but i was hoping one of the girls would have had brown hair ... but i can always change it later if i feel like it. I like red headed sims anyway
Test Subject
#147 Old 20th Feb 2007 at 4:26 PM
I'm going to give this a try. Will be very hard not to use any hacks, but i love challenges.
By the way I don't know if everybody knows this, but when the kids are just toddlers and only the parents need meals, you can always have one of them serve lunch of, lets say, Lunch meat sandwiches, then eat, and you can always keep the serving plate in your inventory and the food doesn't get spoilled..and you have at least 3 meals already made.
I know i do this a lot of times, first 'cause it saves money, and second it's a time saver for my families too.
I don't think this falls under the cheat category, since it's feature the game allows. Am i right?
Field Researcher
#148 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 5:41 PM
this sounds very challenging i think it would drive me nuts! i will TRY to do this when i'm not so swamped with contests. i wanna play the game again, not just take pics. great challenge and congrats to all who've done it!
#149 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 6:13 PM
I think I'll give this a try
#150 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 6:18 PM
Lmfao. I just fell out my computer chair. And hurt my armpit...

TS2 is harcore.
Page 6 of 12