Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#276 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 10:45 AM
I wonder...

While I know that develooers don't play the game they developing... I still want to wonder would they really play the game they're working/creating for? Or are they taking routes that's for their conveniemce, and not the players enjoyment? Like, playing the high school in this games feels underwhelming at best. You play it just to have Sims running around in particular building during "work hours". And even then there's not much interactions for these chuligans to cause havoc in the hallways, or have them bail out from classrooms after asking the teach to use the bathroom, all while avoiding security halls / school administration for catching them. That would have been a NICE gameplay adrenaline thrown in.Hell, how is my mind is so creativity to think of that idea out of spot while the Studio couldn't thought of incorperating said execution?

The fact that the expansion is still TEXT-PROMPT based in OPEN-CLASSROOM enviroment where you can see your Sims on screen finally in this interation speaks a lot. They don't even actually PASS OUT (not even nap-sit animation) when the game throws an event that they did to inflict consequence SPEAKS LAZINESS.

Is there any point to have this pack installes if you can actually recreate the experience with Teens being in school, when there really is no real reward for it?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#277 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I wonder...

While I know that develooers don't play the game they developing... I still want to wonder would they really play the game they're working/creating for? Or are they taking routes that's for their conveniemce, and not the players enjoyment? Like, playing the high school in this games feels underwhelming at best. You play it just to have Sims running around in particular building during "work hours". And even then there's not much interactions for these chuligans to cause havoc in the hallways, or have them bail out from classrooms after asking the teach to use the bathroom, all while avoiding security halls / school administration for catching them. That would have been a NICE gameplay adrenaline thrown in.Hell, how is my mind is so creativity to think of that idea out of spot while the Studio couldn't thought of incorperating said execution?

The fact that the expansion is still TEXT-PROMPT based in OPEN-CLASSROOM enviroment where you can see your Sims on screen finally in this interation speaks a lot. They don't even actually PASS OUT (not even nap-sit animation) when the game throws an event that they did to inflict consequence SPEAKS LAZINESS.

Is there any point to have this pack installes if you can actually recreate the experience with Teens being in school, when there really is no real reward for it?

I realize one does not have to be a game lover to design games. But I'm sure it is a lot easier, not to mention a lot more fun, if one was.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#278 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 6:39 PM
Well these developers are game designers, I think. So when it comes to designing games, programmers also have to take into consideration that the game's experience must be enjoyable, alongside not just functional. Shouldn't that be part of their job's description?

Smeg Head
#279 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 7:16 PM
That type of employment is more like a vocation. The years of college and university, of learning how to code across the board, specializing in gaming software by the end, and following that through until you are professional enough to be hired in the industry you long-since prepared yourself to work in and actively sought employment in when you believed you were ready.

With all that said, getting a job in the industry to first bring home the bacon, to bolster your resume with experience, it would be an especially nice bonus to find employment on a project you actually enjoyed. That would make all the difference. And there's the line drawn in the sand between a fantastic game made by the majority of devs who loved the project with a passion, to those devs just bringing home the bacon and still waiting for that special project to come. Or, regarding Sims 4, loved it to start with, but just waiting for the ten-year-old pensioner of a game to damn-well finish because it's now so boring to work on. After all, I think one of the criteria to get a job for Maxis Sims is to say during the initial interview that you've loved The Sims since you were a child. I actually think that trumps a lack of college and university code training when applying for a job at Maxis. It certainly seems that way.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#280 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 10:40 PM
Lazy Game Review on The Sims 4: High School Years is up.

Forum Resident
#281 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 1:03 AM Last edited by Sokisims : 8th Aug 2022 at 1:29 AM.
So glad the first 4t2 conversions are starting to come out ^^ It's time to download clothes.
Mad Poster
#282 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 6:31 PM Last edited by daisylee : 9th Aug 2022 at 9:32 PM.
Lazy Game Review on The Sims 4: High School Years is up.

Thank you for posting as it is good/interesting that Clint is posting again. Cannot wait to see what he says?

edit: I saw it and can say I have at least as of now zero interest in this pack. Was nice to see him review again though.
Mad Poster
#283 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 3:50 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 10th Aug 2022 at 4:06 AM.
They moved the Double Gallery Architecture to Suburban Contempo. Double Gallery is right there. Why, Maxis?

And where is the Japanese filter? Moroccan?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#284 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 7:02 AM
As for Steams reviews:

High School Years: Mostly Negative
Werewolfs: Mostly Postitive

looks like Werewolfs is the clear winner.
Mad Poster
#285 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 1:22 PM
It's obvious Maxis devs don't care about the simulation aspect of The Sims at all simply because it's not their cup of tea. High School years isn't exciting or exhilarating.

I find packs along the lines of Nightlife to be interesting. It doesn't do a lot mechanically, but what it does do is so in depth and detailed. It allows for positive and negative outcomes by virtue of engaging with the game's mechanics. There's content for kid's and teens despite the content being for adults. It's the perfect pack.

The Sims 4 equivalent, Get Together, doesn't begin the touch what Nightlife tried to do. Having detailed social group is great and all, but players were using those social groups to do exactly what they would be doing in the base game (café aside).

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#286 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 1:46 PM
I think there was a bit of anticipatory mystery about Werewolves. Didn't see that with HSY. In the end, it was just another usual-type Sims pack.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#287 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 6:22 PM
If we got fursonas (fangx) for werewolves, will fairies be the netflix adaptation of Winx tv show?

Forum Resident
#288 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 12:18 PM
If we got fursonas (fangx) for werewolves, will fairies be the netflix adaptation of Winx tv show?

The fairies in that show don't even look like the real ones... Making them with the powers and wings of the animated series would be interesting... (As long as the game wasn't disgusting -.-)
Instructor
#289 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 5:42 PM Last edited by Mspigglypooh : 14th Aug 2022 at 5:43 PM. Reason: Typos
I decided to finally open my game, mind you this is a cc/mod free fresh game, and I had objects disappearing. I was remodeling my sims apartment and things were disappearing. I decided to cut it off at that point. I dont want to k ow what else it wrong with it. I think I'll just go back to 3 and 2. Sad thing is I do enjoy how easy it is to build in the Sims 4. I can make a house a lot faster than in the other games, but that's just me not understanding the mechanisms lol. I didn't even dare try curved walls haha
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#290 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 6:31 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 14th Aug 2022 at 7:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat

https://twitter.com/ZiggyAngeldust/...IDSgYrRtYwrAAAA

My Wedding Stories was also completely broken and still is to a large extent, but this is how things roll....

youuuuu guys, stop! They said they're working on fixing bugs. Have some patience and show some gratidute. If you don't like this game so much, then don't play it. Don't buy it and make your own. Gawd!

At least wait it out till a certain #ish pack breaks the whole system, causing the game to crash or unable to launch without errors thrown

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#291 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 10:13 AM
But TS3 laaaaaaaaaaaaGs! I'll take bug ridden game than voluntarily opening Create A Style Lag-a-tool anyday, haterz! Have fun exploring open world with yar pudding face doll Sims

Mad Poster
#292 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 4:06 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 16th Aug 2022 at 4:18 PM.
Been playing around with this new pack for the past couple of weeks and I'm just in awe at how the high school aspect of the fucking high school pack feels like an afterthought. Literally every other aspect of this pack has more thought put into it than the actual school. The more I think about it, this feels less like a high school expansion pack and more like a teen game pack. While it does add some really nice CAS/Build/Buy items, a beautiful new world, and some neat interactions, the main draw of the pack is so....lifeless.

Just like active careers, going to school with your sims loses its appeal after the first day or two. In fact, it's even more monotonous than active careers. There is nothing your sims do at school that they can't do anywhere else. There aren't even any special interactions when they're in class. They just sit there for an hour. The selection of after school clubs is a joke (you either get to be a cheerleader, a football player, or a member of the computer club...that's it). Most of the classmates you'll have are maxis-made NPCs rather than the teenagers you've populated the world with, yourself. There aren't any cliques or signs of any kind of individuality from the sims around you (hell, ALL of your classmates show up to school in matching outfits EVERY DAY). There aren't any elective classes (like PE, shop, home economics, or art) to break up the monotony. There is just...zero point in going to school with your sims. There is absolutely nothing to get out of it aside from saying you did it once. Going to school doesn't even raise your sims' GPA, as far as I've seen. you have to send them to school alone for that.

Even the social media feature (which I was actually kinda excited about) gets old after the first few times.

And then...there's the bugs. Like I said before, you're gonna have every teenage NPC show up to school wearing the same two outfits.

It's probably a "feature" but I'm calling that shit a bug, because why the fuck would anyone program that in on purpose? Then there's the sneak out option that, as far as I've seen, just straight up doesn't work most of the time, and can ONLY be accessed via the window. My teen sims can't just...sneak out the door for some reason. It has to be the buggy window.

And then there's the funniest one of all: My sims' friends constantly asking her dad out to prom. Every time she brings home a classmate (EVEN HER BOYFRIEND), I get hit with a pop-up of that NPC teen asking out her grown adult father. I thought this might be a mod issue. Because there's no way in hell they'd be dumb enough to let something like that slip through the cracks. But I checked out the official forum and learned that I'm not the only one having this issue. So way to go Maxis. You once again programmed in inappropriate relationships between adults and minors

So the farthest thing from fairies or Winx Club that you can get. Fairies that feel closer to witches than fairies. That seems pretty on brand for EA at this point.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#293 Old 16th Aug 2022 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

And then there's the funniest one of all: My sims' friends constantly asking her dad out to prom. Every time she brings home a classmate (EVEN HER BOYFRIEND), I get hit with a pop-up of that NPC teen asking out her grown adult father. I thought this might be a mod issue. Because there's no way in hell they'd be dumb enough to let something like that slip through the cracks. But I checked out the official forum and learned that I'm not the only one having this issue. So way to go Maxis. You once again programmed in inappropriate relationships between adults and minors

Are you forgetting that in this game, flags to who can flirt don't even work (infamous toddler + adult bug). You can't really expect much from this gane anymore.

Honestly, modders, as always, might come to the rescue to rehaul and fix the high school experience. Like shown in the past, you don't an expansion to create a school if you aren't on vanilla diet. Just download and use necessary mod combination, and a little bit of creativity, and voila - you got a functional school.

@Gargoyle Cat, most animals in TS4 wanna scream."pls, put me out of my misary".

Smeg Head
#294 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 12:27 AM
most animals in TS4 wanna scream."pls, put me out of my misary".

Most of all, the sims themselves. "Please, somebody fight our corner and get a Restraining Order to keep Maxis away from us. I really don't want to flirt with underage kids, It really tears me up inside. Please make Maxis stop torturing us."

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
#295 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 1:51 PM Last edited by dikosay : 17th Aug 2022 at 2:05 PM.
Are you forgetting that in this game, flags to who can flirt don't even work (infamous toddler + adult bug). You can't really expect much from this gane anymore.

Honestly, modders, as always, might come to the rescue to rehaul and fix the high school experience. Like shown in the past, you don't an expansion to create a school if you aren't on vanilla diet. Just download and use necessary mod combination, and a little bit of creativity, and voila - you got a functional school.

@Gargoyle Cat, most animals in TS4 wanna scream."pls, put me out of my misary".

Well, this statement is going to be something that most who hangabout/visit here are going to disagree with. But I'll say it. I don't buy a pack to play them. I buy to get what they have (lots, CC, etc.) to add to my own way of play, which is why I have a serious lack of certain packs and no desire to get them. I don't play the scenarios. I care less if townies live or die (such as Goth or Pancakes) - just my own creations. I redo downloaded builds to suit my needs and seldom do my own. I do own many mods and loads of CC for my sims tho, and therefore spend the better part of a day (or two) updating them after a Maxis update. I try to play the game for fun - but the fun is earned frustratingly. It pisses me off when things don't work right - or even freakin' animals look stupid. I know everyone plays the game their own way and get whatever satisfaction they get from it their own way. My way is simply not play it the way Maxis wants me to. Hence, I would not buy HS (I don't have it) to play high school. I hated school as a teen. I do not wish to relive it (even if I could), especially now that I know what this pack is all about. If I did by it, if would only be to get the lots and CC.

But to everybody: You do you.

Field Researcher
#296 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Personally, I think that there is a chance that either TS4 gets a total rehaul and reboot into simply a live service ‘The Sims’ game, like World of Warcraft, so that EA can continue making money off it forever- or that the next game will do so. The scope of these games mean that repeating the EP release loop is increasingly a question of sustainability- players already poke at the fact that Pets have been released four times in the franchise, and demand features like it as part of base gameplay.

I personally don’t know where this idea that EA could possibly monetize Sims 4 4eva comes from. Sims 4 was never designed to get half the stuff they’ve made for it which is why: A half of it doesn’t work, B the game is riddled with unfixable bugs ranging from annoying to game breaking, and C they have toned down the already low complexity of the content they produce and lowered their overall volume.

Throughout the entirety of Sims 4 players have begged for content that was already made for past games. The question isn’t of sustainability, Sims players will gladly buy pets a 5th time. Will they complain? Sure, but they will buy it anyway. Sims players literally rushed out to buy a broken dlc just so they could complain about it being broken. Sims players will buy anything. They will bitch about kits, then buy them all. They will bitch about their game being totally broken and unplayable and then buy the new $40 expansion.

You see EA’s master plan with Sims isn’t to make a forever game. It has never been about making a forever game. It’s about spending next to nothing and making a lot of money from it. Look at Sims 4, it is a low budget game and then EA and Maxis decided they needed to spend even less on it. Recolors, copy-paste code, recycling game assets - I mean this stuff has been going on for the last 5 years if not longer and it’s become more common now. Sims players literally eat it up and spend so much money on recycled low budget dlcs because they have trendy trailers and a lot of marketing attached to it.
Mad Poster
#297 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Raging furries defying all physics so they can run and check their phone at the same time.

Well this was certainly not a sentence I ever expected to read. Definitely didn't almost spit my drink out on my computer.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#298 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 11:24 AM
What "pedo pack" are you referring?

Mad Poster
#299 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 7:18 PM
The Sims fan community is a complete wreck IMO.
Field Researcher
#300 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
The Sims fan community is a complete wreck IMO.

Hummm . . . I wonder why. Certainly it couldn't be because there's something wrong with the game.

Page 12 of 47