Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#326 Old 13th Oct 2022 at 10:48 PM
What is the point of Emily? They could have made a TS2 or TS3 style guidebook instead.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#327 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 10:31 AM
Guys help, this lass called Emily invaded my game to tell me how to make a new household after being missing for eight years. Can someone call her parents or the police or something? Cause obviously I don't need her services.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Field Researcher
#328 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 11:08 AM
The police are not allowed to take her away because she donated heavily to the Mayor's "Hassle Those Who Won't Vote For Me This Election (HTWWVFM)" campaign.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#329 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 11:32 AM
Does this Emily make the game enjoyable? Does she explain how Sims can purchase a car or where the custom wheel is accesible in CAS & BB? Do she gives tips what measurements to take when encountering unfixable bugs?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#330 Old 14th Oct 2022 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
The animals in cottage are cute but be prepared for a full-time job keeping them healthy.

Dang right! They want nonstop care. My Sim has just one llama and a few chickens. I keep getting popups that Clara, he is about to go. UM, Clara is a she, EA. LOL
It seems like it is getting worse. It seems like the sheds would be clean for a while in the past, for example. Now it seems like they are dirty in a blink of an eye. They are unhappy darn fast. And the llama is dirty about as fast.

One thing where I think EA has missed the mark in this game is when things are fun and some challenge vs. when they are a grind. I commented before about finding unidentified plants. My Sim has finally found 2 and to say it is a grind to look for them is an understatement.
Mad Poster
#331 Old 15th Oct 2022 at 3:22 PM
I was scrolling through Steam, and I nearly forgot about all of the stuff we used to look forward to month after month during the Sims 3. There was ALWAYS something coming down the pipeline. For each Expansion Pack, we could expect the following (and there was always speculation to what they'd be):
- A New Loading Screen
- A New Icon Color
- (Usually) A New World
- At Least One New Occult
- At Least One Stuffed Animal
- At Least One Gnome
- At Least One New Death & (Usually) One New Ghost
- At Least One New Radio Station
- At Least One New Woo-Hoo location

These 9 things left us in a constant state of chatter and I kind of miss that energy. Now, it's more of a conversation about if we'll get something or not. WHAT became IF. Sure, we complain about kids not getting anything in the game, but at least EAxis made it a point to include AT LEAST one new teddy bear in each pack, and they were cute! The new gnomes also behaved slightly differently - like the gnomes in generations that would start families, or the gnome in generations that would finish projects.

Pages of posts about PACK ICON COLORS and EVERYONE BEING SICK OF BLUE ICONS.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#332 Old 16th Oct 2022 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I was scrolling through Steam, and I nearly forgot about all of the stuff we used to look forward to month after month during the Sims 3. There was ALWAYS something coming down the pipeline. For each Expansion Pack, we could expect the following (and there was always speculation to what they'd be):
- A New Loading Screen
- A New Icon Color
- (Usually) A New World
- At Least One New Occult
- At Least One Stuffed Animal
- At Least One Gnome
- At Least One New Death & (Usually) One New Ghost
- At Least One New Radio Station
- At Least One New Woo-Hoo location

These 9 things left us in a constant state of chatter and I kind of miss that energy. Now, it's more of a conversation about if we'll get something or not. WHAT became IF. Sure, we complain about kids not getting anything in the game, but at least EAxis made it a point to include AT LEAST one new teddy bear in each pack, and they were cute! The new gnomes also behaved slightly differently - like the gnomes in generations that would start families, or the gnome in generations that would finish projects.

Pages of posts about PACK ICON COLORS and EVERYONE BEING SICK OF BLUE ICONS.

The new loading screen thing is spot on.

Heck, with TS3 I even planning uninstalling and installing bit by bit expansion and STUFF packs so I can see what each different graphic image is represented by pack to know what players were anticipating to see when looking forward to new content. It's saying something when TS4 doesn't have an intro, showing how much funding and f...ck was given since initial start of it.

Field Researcher
#333 Old 16th Oct 2022 at 3:40 PM Last edited by dikosay : 16th Oct 2022 at 3:50 PM.
I suppose everyone has that ONE THNG they want above all others that they wish could be changed about the game. I was thinking about all the things I wanted and anticipated Maxis to do with each new pack introduced for TS4. Despite all the bugs that needed fixing and all the other stupid stuff, the BIGGEST thing I hoped for was for them to get rid of the bouncing camera. (Of course, I gave up on EVERYTHING I wanted after Seasons.)

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
#334 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 1:51 AM
Tomorrow's expectations- TS4 new kits/EP announced + TS5 announced (only logo + expected release year 2024).

Everything else will be fluff.
Lab Assistant
#335 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Tomorrow's expectations- TS4 new kits/EP announced + TS5 announced (only logo + expected release year 2024).

Everything else will be fluff.

This seems like a good prediction, but since the existence of Sims 5 is already confirmed I'm hoping for at least a sneak peak of one of the sims or something. Just a logo reveal would be lame, we already know Sims 5 is happening. GIVE US THE MEAT AND POTATOES
Scholar
#336 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pova
Just a logo reveal would be lame, we already know Sims 5 is happening.

Plus it would only be a prototype logo, they change it before release.

Maybe a silly video.

Mad Poster
#337 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 6:14 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 18th Oct 2022 at 6:36 PM.
This entire stream could have been a press release.

Basically, for TS4, babies are being removed from bassinets, and they showed concept art for 2 expansion packs.

They announced SDX drops from will soon be a monthly occurrence.

Nothing about the rest of the year, though.

Lab Assistant
#338 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 6:38 PM
This was exceptionally bad. My expectations were low and I was still disappointed.
Mad Poster
#339 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 6:42 PM
Yeeeeeah, I'm glad I tapered those TS5 expectations, so I'm nowhere near as disappointed as the rest of the community. But this was still kind of a let down, with way too much time wasted on dance numbers and interviews with random people on the streets. Really the only thing worth taking away from this is that we're getting two EPs next year (and absolutely zero hints as to what they'll be) and they're finally fixing babies.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#340 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Yeeeeeah, I'm glad I tapered those TS5 expectations, so I'm nowhere near as disappointed as the rest of the community. But this was still kind of a let down, with way too much time wasted on dance numbers and interviews with random people on the streets. Really the only thing worth taking away from this is that we're getting two EPs next year (and absolutely zero hints as to what they'll be) and they're finally fixing babies.

The only information I can extrapolate from the concept art is "city" and "rustic".

I did notice a pet bed in one on the room designs. The ONLY thing I can assume from the concept art and baby info is a generations adjacent pack.

Instructor
#341 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 6:57 PM
I don't care one jot about TS5. Nothing has changed--it's the same team, the same company and the same values and priorities. Barring a miracle, TS5 is already dead in the water.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#342 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 7:28 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Oct 2022 at 2:04 AM.
This one just popped up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XP0xYYATw
Official mod hub for TS4... This could go a lot of ways, and I'm not sure I like any of them .
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#343 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 7:33 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Oct 2022 at 7:47 PM.
Hahaha. Took it time for Maxis to react to Paralives. And I really hope they fail to surpass it. The Sims franchise is long over.

Mad Poster
#344 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 7:45 PM
It took me way too long to realize that "Project Renee" thing is, I guess, the codename for TS5. Not gonna lie, at that point, I was only half paying attention and I thought it was something else for the mobile games

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#345 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 9:03 PM
Pretty sure TS2 had a tutorial included from the start. What's the point of a tutorial now?
Forum Resident
#346 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 10:59 PM
The fact that most of their announcements were for mobile games that almost nobody gives a shit about is pretty funny. Right now I’m teetering back and forth on how I feel about the apparent Sims 5 announcement. EA is proving once again that they’ll stop at nothing to try and recreate Second Life and I wish they’d fucking give up already, but at least they’re offering a choice I guess. The art style looks…fine. Nothing groundbreaking, that’s for sure. The build mode concepts look promising, but like everyone and their mother has already said, it seems a little too similar to what Paralives is doing. But hey, if Paralives’ existence means EA will finally attempt to step it up, fine by me. I do think that they’re gonna have their work cut out for them to win back the fans they lost with how poorly TS4 has been managed the last near-decade (I bet I made y’all feel old there for a sec), but we’ll see how well it works out for them. As of now, I’m waiting and watching, and that’s about it.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#347 Old 18th Oct 2022 at 11:09 PM
This new game is going to run on mobile. How can a next gen sims game also be for mobile??!
Mad Poster
#348 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 2:08 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Oct 2022 at 7:04 PM.
No idea how that mod hub is going to work for TS5, but I'm always suspicious about microtransactions and other shenanigans when it comes to mobile. Free? For how long? Nobody knows... And "curated content" with "paid creators" sounds even more suspicious, especially since it means that platform clearly isn't for anybody to share CC on. (They've already had CC creators "collaborating" with packs, so is that their new tactics? Making CC creators do part of the work for them?)

Also, performance. If you can run it on a tablet or mobile, I'm having suspicions about the game in general, because it has to be made spesifically to be tablet/mobile friendly, which means it could lose out on general graphics. There would need to be some shortcuts taken for the smaller devices to function, especially if you start adding the ginormous loads of (do I need to mention HQ?) CC people love to use. Not to mention if everything is CASt-able (to some point, anyway) again, and meshes can be edited ingame, including micro-placement of said items. And who knows what they're doing in the CAS department. So good luck with that... If computers are run almost to the melting point, imagine smaller devices. Not to mention when EA decides to add another 50+ EPs/SPs/GPs/KITs/etcPs to the BG, of course.

On a somewhat more positive note - baby update. Just hoping it's a free one (including stuff for them - and clothes), and not a pack. Goodness knows those babies need some love, after 8 years stuck in a crib... And before that, 5 years stuck as a burrito - and somehow 13 years stuck with the wrong visible genetics until they grow up (even though this somehow isn't a problem in TS2 - never understood why )
Mad Poster
#349 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 3:39 AM
UM, hey! This is the EP thread and there is the new one to chat about 5.
Forum Resident
#350 Old 19th Oct 2022 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
"curated content" with "paid creators" sounds even more suspicious, especially since it means that platform clearly isn't for anybody to share CC on.

I’m glad someone mentioned this, because I’m definitely unsure about this “mod hub.” It doesn’t sound like EA is trying to make it easier for us to keep track of mods and CC, it sounds like they’re trying to control what we download and how we use it. I’m not sure if they’re trying to come for sites like TSR and MTS with this or not, but I definitely find it suspicious that it sounds like they’re gonna hand-select creators to give a platform with it. Until I’m convinced otherwise, I’m definitely sticking with MTS and Tumblr for my mods.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Page 14 of 47