Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Auto Flush Toilets + Wash Hands

by userunknown Posted 1st Jul 2009 at 12:08 PM - Updated 2nd Jul 2009 at 2:34 AM by userunknown : Added another option

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:28 PM
Good one, thanks.
Instructor
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:32 PM
I'll give this a go. Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:49 PM
Uploaded new files,sorry for the inconvenience.I noticed the toilets were auto flushing while in use & it creeped out some sims,so it's fixed to where it only flushes after use.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 3:58 PM
Such a great idea esp since toilets now flush automatically anyways. I will def try this one out. I bet it will come in hamdy for my sims. Thanks~ =)
Theorist
#6 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:21 PM
This is great, thank you! Is this set up so that if I tell them to use the toilet then have a shower or bath that they will bypass the hand-washing?

I have a couple of Neat Sims who feel they have to wash their hands every time they use the toilet, even if they are on their way to bathing facilities and it's a bit nerve-racking, so if every Sim insisted on washing their hands in between that would be even worse.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:47 PM
FINALLY!! thanks
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:20 AM
Thanks a lot! Having to tell adult sims to wash their hands was getting annoying. Also for a modern type house, the auto-flush would really fit in.
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:21 AM
yah I have to say -- to me, sims washing hands is great for realism, but not so good for gameplay, since it makes the whole process take more sim time. Was there a reason for including it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 1:40 AM Last edited by userunknown : 2nd Jul 2009 at 2:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
This is great, thank you! Is this set up so that if I tell them to use the toilet then have a shower or bath that they will bypass the hand-washing?

I have a couple of Neat Sims who feel they have to wash their hands every time they use the toilet, even if they are on their way to bathing facilities and it's a bit nerve-racking, so if every Sim insisted on washing their hands in between that would be even worse.

I could make it where neat sims don't wash hands if you want.Will upload file soon.

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
yah I have to say -- to me, sims washing hands is great for realism, but not so good for gameplay, since it makes the whole process take more sim time. Was there a reason for including it?

No reason,the sims 2 had one & figured it might be usefull to someone.
Uploaded a new file.Auto toilets/no hand washing at,including the neat trait.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 4:05 AM
This is a great mod, thanks for all the options <3
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 12:17 PM
Good idea - it frees up a slot in the action queue that would otherwise be used for hand washing. Thanks.
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:08 PM
Thanks! I never pay attention to whether or not they flush until the next day and the toilet's clogged. -sigh-
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:11 PM
Now if there were only a mod for real people to make them always wash their hands, and stop using their friggin feet to flush, or women do the hover thing.... The germs they put onto the handle from their feet is worse than any from someone just flushing it. I mean, if they're that paranoid, they can use a piece of toilet paper to grab the handle and toss in while it's still flushing. Maybe someone will make a hover mod at public restroom, that'd be a funny animation!
Inventor
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:37 PM
Thank you so much I couldn't wait until someone made one of these for TS3. I wash my hands a bunch so it was very frustrating to have to tell them to wash their hands all the time, Even happened occasionally with neat sims.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 6:08 AM
thank god, tho i think it would be better if it was like 90% of the time
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:43 AM
Enjoy the file but a small request, I don't know if its possible but can we have a version that just makes things happen in this order.

Sim uses a toilet.
Sim flushes the toilet themselves.
Sims washes hands automatically.

Don't know if that's possible and I don't like requesting but i figured no harm in asking.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DownloadBlocking
Enjoy the file but a small request, I don't know if its possible but can we have a version that just makes things happen in this order.

Sim uses a toilet.

Don't know if that's possible and I don't like requesting but i figured no harm in asking.

That can be done,will putting the seat down be an option or not?Let me know.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

because its disgusting to use the toilet and not wash your hands. at least it is to me. Its worth the few game seconds I loose. especially if they are at the park, or have to go pick up a child.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:55 PM

Sim uses a toilet.

I concur, Id like my sims to flush the toilet themselves, not auto flush. Sure its common in public lavatories, but in most homes toilets are still manual flush.
Theorist
#21 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:02 PM
First off, I do wish to say how happy I am just to have one of these mods--any of them, and thank you so much for taking the time to make them!

But I didn't explain what I was after very well, and I don't even know if it's possible.

Right now I'm using the one where they flush toilets and always wash hands. What I had for TS2 (I think TwoJeffs created that one) was very similar but it had an extra feature. This is where I always run into problems with a forced hand-washing mod.

The problem comes in when I tell them to take a shower or bath after they use the toilet. Instead of going directly to the bath or shower after using the toilet, they are stopping to wash their hands first. It needs to be set so that if I have given them an order to bathe or shower after using the toilet, it completely bypasses the hand-washing thing.

But, if this isn't possible, I want you to know I still appreciate what you've done here very much.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:41 PM
Please update this to WA
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 8:33 PM
Erm... But I still wash my hands even if I'm about to get in the bath/shower...
Nice mod! ^-^
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:01 AM
Problem: I used the "just flush" mod, but they still insist on washing their hands, and it takes them 30 min game time to do it. I deleted it and they still do it. I can't make them stop.
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 11:28 PM

Sim uses a toilet.

I'd like the same thing plz plz plz ^_^. Awesome mod btw!
Page 1 of 2