Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

39 Viking Convertible

by Dr Pixel Posted 11th Oct 2006 at 12:18 AM - Updated 6th Dec 2008 at 1:32 PM by Dr Pixel : Updated Mesh

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
#26 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 6:01 AM
Wow this so reminds me of the Godfather, i love it 10 *

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Mad Poster
#27 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 7:09 AM
It's amazing!!! Thank you!
Forum Resident
#28 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 7:19 AM
Incredible!

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Field Researcher
#29 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 7:27 AM
My boy, Emil, is gonna love this. Thanks for sharing it! :D

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Field Researcher
#30 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 8:06 AM
Great work! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 8:28 AM
could you do a mustaro? camaro+mustang im not good at names ^__^ the front is like a 67 camaro and the back is a 1970 mustang fastback

"All You Need Is Love" - John Lennon on June 25, 1967
Instructor
#32 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 12:13 PM
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 12:58 PM
I love it! Oh yes, I love it!

If I weren't so romantic, I'd shoot you.
Instructor
#34 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 1:51 PM
Wow, this is incredible! Looks great, Dr. Pixel!

Thankyou

Check out my sexy male sim creations! http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=170
Field Researcher
#35 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 4:59 PM
Brilliant... as usual!

TSR Featured Artist
Monster Party Sims2... ITS ALIVE! :D

You may recolor my object meshes here on MTS2, but do not redistribute the meshes.
Link people here to MTS2 to get them. Objects can only be available in lots submitted to MTS2.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:36 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 11th Oct 2006 at 8:33 PM.
It's beautiful, and I'd love very much to use it in my game, but it's conflicting with one of my eps or stuffs packs. It comes up with that message about custom content causing problems, blah, blah, etc when I load up the game and this was the only file listed.

I would guess Glamour Life (which seems to be a major glitchfest in general), but I really don't know since I just had to re-install everything due to my C drive eating itself for a late night snack; it could be any of them.

Is anyone else having compatibility issues with this download?
Test Subject
#37 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 6:08 PM
Fantastic work Pixel , You're welcome on the carsource anytime

A Taylor
Like cars do you?... if you do come to sims2carsource.net always welcome new members!
Forum Resident
#38 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 6:57 PM
Dr. Pixel, I'm lost for words! - truly unique, original, perfect, splendid & a myriad of other words that fail me after a 12 hour shift!... {Downloads}

Thanks!, it's great - reminds me a bit of those retro 'Karmann' conversions (built on VW running gear I believe) you see now and again, and oh yea! - a very old Panhard I saw at a car rally years ago. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure my Sims will love it as always - cheers mate, I owe you a Guinness!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Field Researcher
#39 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 7:04 PM
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing

I'm going to stop modding the sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 7:19 PM
yay! thanks so much for sharing this, it's great 8D
i can't wait to use it :3

stay free my misery
and hold me in your arms until the sadness goes away
--
misery by hide
Instructor
#41 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 7:44 PM
Lovely Car....Thankyou
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 8:36 PM
I can't believe you just did the car I was married in ! ( well, I went to church in it, did'nt actually get married in a drive through, )

I'm actually into period sims, so this is going to be a great asset ! Thank you so much for sharing your talent
Field Researcher
#43 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 9:19 PM
Ooo, wonderful looking, heh I think I may do some more recolors for myself though :D

Thanks a bunch! :D
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 12:25 AM
Appart from the doors its very like a Lea Francis 2 1/2l tourer.

And I'm So sad to actualy know that.

Good car.

*Member most in need of spellcheck, period.
Zspace - An Animorphs Forum
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#45 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 6:33 PM
It's so cute!.... Made up, eh? Hmmm... Looks kind of like a Rolls-Royce-ized VW slap bug. :0) I LIKE it. :0)
Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 4:42 AM
Well, not so much "made up" - maybe more accurate is that I didn't try to faithfully re-create any particular car. The mesh I started from had no information and was an unfinished shell - my best guess is that it was meant to be an early 40's Ford or Willys body. Mine is pretty much a loose interpretation of a 1939 Ford, and yes as a few people have pointed out it also looks like a conversion kit that was once available for the original VW "beetle", and the VW itself was designed in the 1940's... Cars like this were also quite popular with the hot-rodders of the 1950's, so it seemed like a versatile car to make - appropriate for the 40's, 50's, and even today you still see them in the hands of collectors.
Test Subject
#47 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 10:51 AM
My dream car !!! Love it !!
Thanks Doc !^^
Test Subject
#48 Old 15th Oct 2006 at 12:40 PM
Nice, but did 30/40 cars have modern radio?

I don't think, you know!
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndreT

No, they would have had an AM only radio, no FM, no cd, not even a tape player.

But until the 1960's there was no FM radio, or at least it was not very common. The AM radio was used for music as well as talk. So yes, a car radio with music was possible then. The radio I included in this one was really created from a picture of a 1950's car radio, but as I said before I wasn't going for total accuracy.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 9:16 PM Last edited by DocFX : 17th Oct 2006 at 9:20 PM. Reason: Hmmm, where's me 'Smilies' gone?...
A brief history of Radio...
Quote: Originally posted by AndreT

Yep!, Dr. Pixel is correct (lol) & I hope he doesn't mind me adding this...

Back in the 1930's some luxury cars had large tube/valve 'AM' radios in them, that had a fairly small control head mounted in dash and the main bulk of radio was tucked away somewhere out of sight like under the back seat or in the boot/trunk for example. Some even had record players in them, laid out like a mini Jukebox - which was okay if you were parked up, but not to reliable once under way!. This technology was very bulky and often required an extra battery to be fitted just to run it! - things changed for better in the 1940's. With the invention of the Transistor, thus making it easier to eventually build smaller and more reliable units - which then in turn led the way for ICs etc & the kit we have today! - for more detailed info. have a quick look at the BBC or Science Museum's websites - phew!, quick Nurse another Guinness!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Page 2 of 3