Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Eating & Cooking

by userunknown Posted 27th Jun 2009 at 11:55 AM - Updated 18th Jan 2012 at 6:55 PM by Buzzler : link to updated version added

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 35 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Inventor
#26 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 9:19 AM
Thanks so much for addin the one for slower eating. I can't ever get my sims to eat together as a family because by the time the second sims gets their food the first sim is already carrying theirs to the sink to clean up. I'd like them to be able to bond and become friends over dinner.

Awesome Mod, Thanks
Test Subject
#27 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 11:08 AM
How about an item that will automatically renew your needs? Can you make something like that?
Test Subject
#28 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 3:30 AM
I am using your mod for some time now, It is very good. As others, I think they eat a bit too fast, but they already did so even without your mod. I got used as it is.

This mod is VERY welcome and works like a charm. It makes the game less frustrating. Cooking for the family is no longer a full time job

It is a nonsense when the very first thing they do each and every morning is whining because in this game they are always starving (another annoyance and a new record, they are complanining even more than in The sims2), but they don't even have enough time to make a pancake before going to work at 9

Now they can cook again, have some life and enjoy breakfast.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 9:00 AM Last edited by hatosan : 21st Oct 2009 at 9:15 PM.
A great mod and thanks! I noticed that after using this mod, "kick it up a notch" won't work anymore and it will remained as the same quality (example; if "Nice" will remained the same). New glitches that I found out when A Perfect quality meal when a Sim used "kick it up a notch" it will degraded the quality to Outstanding. Would be great if you could come up with updates.
Instructor
#30 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 2:28 AM
Since d/ling the latest patch, this mod prevented my sims from filling up on quick meals. They had to eat two quick meals in order to fill up. Cooked meals were ok though. Actually, I don't know why there has to be a mod for them to eat faster; they eat fast enough already, but faster cooking would be nice.
Test Subject
#31 Old 13th Jan 2010 at 12:42 AM
With the latest patch, whenever I cook a meal the "milk" bottle looking thing thats on the cutting board is placed on the floor and it can not be deleted or anything. they will keep pileing up everywhere. Anyone else experience this?

BTW, awesome mod though, before the patch :/
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 9:23 PM
Yes, I'm getting that 'food' on the floor thing too. I've just been deleting them with the move objects cheat.
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 3:27 AM
Have you thought about making a menu on food that allows you to tell your sim to eat quickly if they might be late for work/school?

Also, have you thought about speeding other things up? Like showering/using the toilet? Who takes hour-long showers?
Test Subject
#34 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:30 AM
I have the new patch and Ambitions and had used this mod before w/ no problems but now, like other posters I get the ingredients on the floor, but my sim wont cook she just throws away the food before it gets to the stove.
Hopefully this mod will get updated cause it was a handy little mod.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:55 PM
thanks userunknown, I really like this mod, it helps a lot. But I did encounter incompatibility with Chaavik More Fun Activities Collection for AM. Any future update for AM without conflict?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JusticeP
I have the new patch and Ambitions and had used this mod before w/ no problems but now, like other posters I get the ingredients on the floor, but my sim wont cook she just throws away the food before it gets to the stove.
Hopefully this mod will get updated cause it was a handy little mod.

AM tips:for the ingredients on the floor, use testingcheats and delete the object.
If suddenly the Sim stopped preparing the ingredient, just assign back the task to continue cooking.
This mod will conflict with Chaavik More Fun Activities Collection AM. Tested and Proven.
Inventor
#37 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 3:58 PM
Does this work with Late Night?

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 6:05 AM
is this late night compatible yet?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 7:42 AM
Well instead of us having to use cheats to delete the piling ingredients on the floor whenever the sims preparation action gets canceled (which is REALLY annoying) can you just update it to the latest game and EP version? I mean is it really that hard?

Thanks for the mod however btw.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#40 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 12:05 PM
I was SO annoyed with the cooking times that i almost NEVER had a Sim cook...they just always got quick meals....but it sucked when i wanted a Sim to excel in cooking. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 1:24 PM
thank you soooooo much i was going insane watching them take 2+ hrs just to cook a meal, thought there was something wrong with my game, cause their slowness was just completely ridiculous, so this is definitely needed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 9:44 PM
cool beans
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 1:19 AM
Life saver! I know a lot of people think sims already eat too quickly, and it'd be nice if they could spend more time over meals as a family, but it really shouldn't be so difficult to shower AND have some toast in the hour before work!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#44 Old 16th Sep 2023 at 5:27 AM
thank you
Page 2 of 2