Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Space terrain for dirt neighborhoods - 19. April Space Sky Added

by Rowenaenchantress Posted 18th Dec 2007 at 5:59 PM - Updated 24th Nov 2013 at 12:21 AM by leefish

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 46 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 3:43 AM
Wow! I love this! I had space neighborhood awhile ago, but had to abandon it because the grass and concrete roads were too distracting. :/ But now, I can start it up again! Thanks so much for sharing this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 7:15 PM
Ok, because the recolour was still not approved or rejected after two weeks, I've put it here. If it gets approved as a single thread, I will remove it.
If there is any problem in anything (I'm very new to being a creator), please let me know.

My medieval legacy: Rowena's Sims
Test Subject
#28 Old 30th Apr 2008 at 3:57 PM
Thanks so much for the space sky. It looks fantastic! Now my space neighborhoods actually look like space neighborhoods. Because of your creativity, my Sims 2 game is more enjoyable and has enhanced my storytelling. Now, if somehow I could make my sims look like their floating sideways inside a cylinder in my space colony...

Live in the know...
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th May 2008 at 4:06 AM
Just thought you would get a kick out of my spacedock creation (all credits for items go to the MTS2 as well as creators at Insimenator) since you seem to like Star Trek. This is the Enterprise Dreadnought class, modified from Dud's Enterprise creation to having 3 warp nacelles instead of 2 (also features some of Jasonduskey's items). Just wanted to share how wonderful your space terrain creation and holoprojector recolor brings the space environment to life.

Awhile back I posted on Oberkorn's thread that the game didn't seem to save the holoprojector recolor when selected, but then I noticed that if I select the recolor before setting the holoprojector on the lot, then the game will save the recolor selected and not revert back to the default recolor- if that makes any sense. Thanks again to you and the other creators for making my game so much more enjoyable.
Screenshots

Live in the know...
Scholar
#30 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 1:46 AM
I hate to double post, but it appears as though the mesh is no longer available. Is it possible you can post it here?
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 5:21 AM
How do i instal it? i am a noob at instaling terrains but i thought that it had to have an extention of .sc4. this dosent. so i don't know what to do. so i put it in the downloades folder? or the terains folder? could someone who has downloaded this help me?
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 11:58 PM
The link to the required mesh in the main post no longer works. The new link to it is this http://nene.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=44693
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th Dec 2008 at 6:31 PM
Kirame: You just put it in your downloads folder and it replaces the dirt terrain.
Firouge: Thanks for the new link, I will update the post.
To all: I'm glad you like it. :-)

Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 4:55 AM
PROBLEME: when i go to make a dirt neighborhood only the streets turn to space! and the terrain looks like the grass terrain! i don't have any other terrain files in my download folder! Any thoughts? please help i really like this mod!
Forum Resident
#35 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 10:00 PM
Congratulations on being featured! Awesome job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 9:06 AM
GlamourSims: I tried to fix the problem, so please redownload. (I hope it worked...)

Sweetswami: I have found out about it right now... and can't still believe it! Thanks!

Field Researcher
#37 Old 25th Feb 2009 at 11:24 PM
Oooh, thanks very much! I'd been racking my brains for a way to do a couple of shots for my story, this could well be what I've been looking for! Ta!
Test Subject
#38 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 9:15 PM
the last two links are broken, can you please fix this in some way i was really looking hard to find it
Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 1:51 PM
Well I don't have the black sky one, but here's the SpaceTerrainOnDirt one. It's unmoddified from how it was when I downloaded it in Jan 2009. I always keep backups of apps or mods I download.

Hope I'm doing this right...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS2_Rowenaenchantress_682222_SpaceTerrainOnDirt.rar (13.6 KB, 171 downloads)
Description: SpaceTerrainOnDirt by Rowenaenchantress
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 9:51 AM
I'm not demanding anything but maybe do you think you could please make a neighborhood space terrain cover and lot ground cover. PLease it will be greatly appreciated!
Test Subject
#41 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 9:30 PM
hey will this make all terrain this color and theme or just a certain one?
get back to me on Youtube im SportsGirl234
plz plz plz i need the answer ASAP!
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:35 PM
Hey!
The link for the Space Terrain is dead:-(
Could you re-post it?

Thanx
Test Subject
#43 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 6:29 AM
Captains Log #5043:
We have encountered a Strange Vessel On our Journey and it has several people aboard it.. Like a SIMS HOUSE!!

Brilliant Mod... Brilliant >>
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 3:54 AM
Oh yes, thank you so much! Perfect for a... erm... story... I'm soon to be working on.
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 10:23 PM
Hi, Rowena,
I'm sorry, but even after downloading the file from the link you provided, only the roads are stars in neighborhood view--the grass is still grass. I have all expansion and stuff packs installed. No hack conflicts detected. Thank you anyway.
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 8:13 PM
I'm not sure if it was clarified, but you have to make sure your neighborhood is actually a dirt neighborhood. If you don't have Nightlife or later expansion packs, it won't be possible. Only temperate and desert terrains are possible for versions prior to Nightlife.

In the neighborhood view, use the following cheat:

terrainType Dirt

(The cheat is case sensitive)

"...to change the neighborhood's terrain type. You will have to exit the neighborhood (by entering another one) and return to it before your changes will be visible. Only seems to work for the whole neighborhood when changing to desert. Entering any other type reverts to grass except for lots themselves, but not the neighborhood terrain..."

Some have had success by changing the terrain to desert first to ensure none of the grass shows, then changing it to dirt.

Live in the know...
Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 11:05 PM
i really need this download for a movie im going to try to make but i can't start the download with the terrain, and dark sky. can you please email me the files. thank you.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wherestheanykey
Well I don't have the black sky one, but here's the SpaceTerrainOnDirt one. It's unmoddified from how it was when I downloaded it in Jan 2009. I always keep backups of apps or mods I download.

Hope I'm doing this right...

Thank you for posting the Nbhd terrain replacement (found in post #39). I was going mildly nuts hoping someone would have posted that since the link in the main DL section is broken. This 'hood replacement is perfect for what I have planned.

THANK YOU to the creator, wherever you are.

Page 2 of 2