Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Depression' Custom Animation Hack V1 *REDOWNLOAD*

by Trendy_Hendy Posted 24th Jul 2008 at 5:48 PM - Updated 3rd May 2011 at 8:44 AM by leesester

239 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 215 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 7:07 PM
Hey Trendy!

Awesome, as i have said over on 99!

It works fine for me. Nothing wrong, no bugs, to jumps or twitches.

Thanks once again.

Pix__X

l Alternative Rock 4 Sims 2 l

"And If All That Can't Hold You Back.
Then I'll Jump For You..."

Tokio Hotel - Don't Jump/Spring Nicht
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 8:42 PM
Ah, I am so glad Pixie. Werhoo!
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 8:43 PM
Awesome!
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 11:13 PM
I have to say, this is awesome for me and my story. The thing is, is it supposed to replace Paul's Reaction Tester? I went ingame to take some photos and when I spawned it, it only spawned the box for this hack. Is it supposed to do that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twisted words
I have to say, this is awesome for me and my story. The thing is, is it supposed to replace Paul's Reaction Tester? I went ingame to take some photos and when I spawned it, it only spawned the box for this hack. Is it supposed to do that?

O Geez, really? I will have to check this one out. You do know that there is the 'TS2 Studios' box, which is the same thing, though? Btw, thanks for telling me.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 12:53 AM Last edited by SSChan : 27th Jul 2008 at 1:02 AM. Reason: Turns out something was just wierd with how I set up a pose... So, no more request. ^^;
Thanks for such an amazing animation box, and I can't wait until you get the gun/death/driving poses out! :D

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 2:28 AM
Oooh, this is great! -grabs- I can't wait to see the later versions. I agree with the comment about different death poses, but otherwise I can't think of anything offhand that you could add
Inventor
#33 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 2:05 PM
Weird the first thing I thought of was Diru's poor suicidal R over at S2C

http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...892#post1210892

Interesting work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 2:46 PM
Ha, oh yeah, the first pose looks very nice.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twisted words

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. It kinda sucks, since I make stories and videos.

I guess I'll try the TS2 Studios action mod for now...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#36 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 3:50 PM Last edited by Trendy_Hendy : 27th Jul 2008 at 4:05 PM.
Mmmm, the thing is, I have know idea how to change it. Have you tried, deleting my hack from your downloads, spawning the reaction tester and then putting in my hack?

EDIT: OK, i have devised a plan. I will try and make a buyable version of the reaction tester. This way you will have both. I think, what it was, is when I cloned it to make this hack, I must have had reference mesh ticked or something, which I replaces it I think. I will report my progress after testing. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Theorist
#37 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 4:12 PM
Are you sure it's not a GUID problem?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 4:19 PM
Oh yeah!! I will look at that. By the way, this just means it needs to be different and can be any number? Thanks
Scholar
#39 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 5:03 PM
This looks interesting. Am going to test it out to see if works with BaseGame..if it does, then thats the first decent animation hack I've seen that does :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 5:57 PM Last edited by Trendy_Hendy : 27th Jul 2008 at 6:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by xnymphetaminex
This looks interesting. Am going to test it out to see if works with BaseGame..if it does, then thats the first decent animation hack I've seen that does :P

Oh wow, thanks, hope it deos. Oh and by the way, the pauls rection tester conflict is sorted! It was a GUID prob. I made a buyable pauls reaction tester while I was at it. Thanks treeag :D
Scholar
#41 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 8:36 PM
Works in base game! This is awesome, thank you so much ^^
Instructor
#42 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 9:44 PM
I look forward to using this when I get my new motherboard and video card in (the video card I have now is hardly capable of handling doing movies well.)

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 9:58 PM Last edited by Trendy_Hendy : 28th Jul 2008 at 12:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by xnymphetaminex
Works in base game! This is awesome, thank you so much ^^

Werhoo!! Btw, the person who requested shooting poses, one of them is on my flickr, you can check it out. Flickr Stream
Test Subject
#44 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 12:47 AM
Trendy, this is just what I needed! Thanks a bunch!!

~Love Your Hate~
Instructor
#45 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 1:05 AM
Wow. I never thought it was possible to ingrain such poignant emotions into a game where silly dancing and over-dramatic expressions were the norm, but - you went ahead and did it! This is just so amazing. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadisticpyro
Wow. I never thought it was possible to ingrain such poignant emotions into a game where silly dancing and over-dramatic expressions were the norm, but - you went ahead and did it! This is just so amazing. :D

Thank you, that's exactly why I made it.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 11:50 AM Last edited by Mimi52861 : 29th Jul 2008 at 1:29 AM. Reason: Updating
This is awesome! Just downloaded & I'm about to go test it in game right now! Thanks a bunch and great work!!

Update: It worked great in my game & I have all EP's & SP's EXCEPT Ikea stuff. There was one thing...my sims face & arms sunk into the dining table when using the "head down on table" pose, but I believe that's due to it being a CUSTOM dining table, so I'm not expecting you can do anything about that.

And I do have one request (if it's possible for you). Could you do some different "Crying" poses? One new one standing, another sitting and maybe even a "Throwing Tantrum", stomach-down on the floor, with clinched fists and kicking feet in the air? It sounds pretty complicated so I would understand if it's too much trouble or out of your reach. Just a few suggestions/requests. Thanks for what you've done so far & I look forward to any improvements to come!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 2:00 AM
This looks really, REALLY good!

I've d/l'ed several of these animation thingies, but have never actually used any of them yet - I'm going to test yours out right now.
Test Subject
#49 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 2:06 AM
Gracias for the tester, and I second the crying poses.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 10:47 AM
Okay, thanks! Crying poses? But you can get them to cry on the floor, on a chair, standing, on their knees etc already? Do you mean moving animations? And also, mimi, did you want a tantrum animation or just a pose?

Trendy
Page 2 of 10