Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Living Life Aspiration (Custom Aspiration)

by FireFerret Posted 15th Sep 2017 at 9:45 PM - Updated 21st Sep 2022 at 4:55 AM by FireFerret : Update as of 09/21/22

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 12:23 AM
I actually like the simplicity of this aspiration. I'm thinking it would be a perfect way to snag some points later on in your Sims' lives. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 3:22 AM
So good! What software do you use to make this type of mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 4:10 AM
First off thank you both for your comments :}

Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
I actually like the simplicity of this aspiration. I'm thinking it would be a perfect way to snag some points later on in your Sims' lives. Thanks!

When I made the mod, I had the idea of it being used in legacy challenges as a way to spend more time working on your family, your Sims' skills or other goals rather than focusing on one of the base games intensive aspirations, but it could totally work out as a later in life aspiration as well. :D

Quote: Originally posted by Benjigoo
So good! What software do you use to make this type of mod?

I had used Zerbu's Mod Constructor v2 program(found here) to make this mod.(along with using the game and the pregnancy mega mod to help with testing it)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:13 AM
Thank You another thing to gameplay that's so nice of you to do that
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 12:24 PM
This is good. Very much needed.
If you're looking for more 'quotas' to add to it, maybe some simple things like, 'help a child with homework' and 'repair a broken object'. 'throw a birthday party' and 'pay the bills' would also work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 2:00 PM
This is so cuuuute ! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 3:20 PM
can no one make a right dirty mod...look at my traits on LL...and work from there...life is not sweet...or easy..wish it was..time to know what life is really like
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stuzy44
can no one make a right dirty mod...look at my traits on LL...and work from there...life is not sweet...or easy..wish it was..time to know what life is really like

And it's because real life is not always sweet or easy that many of us find refuge in playing computer games and enjoy making our sims' lives sweet, even if our own lives are not. If you don't want to use this mod, you don't have to, but there's no need to insult the mod's author!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Banned
#10 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stuzy44

I agree, real life is life a punishment to most of us, but this is a game, not real life. I dunno about others, but I play the sims to escape from reality to create my fantasies and help me feel at peace when the world, which has already gone to the dogs, is being crapped out of said dogs and eaten again. I mean, I personally won't use this mod because I'm an antinatalist and refuse to allow any of my sims to get pregnant, but still, just because someone makes something optimistic for a game doesn't mean they don't understand how bad the real world is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 2:09 AM
Thank you guys for the thanks, I hope you guys enjoy this!

Quote: Originally posted by GlitchingGecko
This is good. Very much needed.
If you're looking for more 'quotas' to add to it, maybe some simple things like, 'help a child with homework' and 'repair a broken object'. 'throw a birthday party' and 'pay the bills' would also work.

Thank you! I was thinking of adding a middle ground in the future and these might work, so thanks again! :}
-

Also I want to get this out of the way, Stuzy is fine with what they said; in my eyes any sort of criticism is good criticism. But Stuzy, I believe they think you insulted me because of your original comment of how you didn't like how easy the mod is for the game comparative to how things actually are in real life that should be reflected into the game, and that's your opinion and I'm completely fine with it, just keep in mind the comment I had made above that this was made with the intent of making legacy challenges slightly easier so that you can focus on your sim and their life instead of worrying about going through a base games intensive aspiration(I myself have stopped mid aspiration numerous times, all because they were too time intensive to fulfill that took away from the time I could have been using towards something else in the game). But it's just all in how you view it in the end I guess ^.^"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 6:52 AM
Thanks - a great mod for LC and less ambitious sims! Great work!
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FireFerret
Thank you guys for the thanks, I hope you guys enjoy this!

Thank you! I was thinking of adding a middle ground in the future and these might work, so thanks again! :}
-

Also I want to get this out of the way, Stuzy is fine with what they said; in my eyes any sort of criticism is good criticism. But Stuzy, I believe they think you insulted me because of your original comment of how you didn't like how easy the mod is for the game comparative to how things actually are in real life that should be reflected into the game, and that's your opinion and I'm completely fine with it, just keep in mind the comment I had made above that this was made with the intent of making legacy challenges slightly easier so that you can focus on your sim and their life instead of worrying about going through a base games intensive aspiration(I myself have stopped mid aspiration numerous times, all because they were too time intensive to fulfill that took away from the time I could have been using towards something else in the game). But it's just all in how you view it in the end I guess ^.^"

I maybe have been a little cynical on this matter my apologies.Can't remember what triggered me of to start with..anyway keep up the good work...
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 11:22 AM
Awesome mod! It's hard for me to fit myself or many of my Sims into the aspirations. This one comes much closer and I love the sweet, simple focus of it. Thanks for making and sharing it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 12:35 PM
!!Thank
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 4:46 PM
love it thank u
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 3:22 AM
Thank you! Nice and simple like most of my sims
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 8:25 AM
How did you make it exactly? I'm trying to make one myself and can't figure it out
Test Subject
#19 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:00 PM Last edited by Zeri : 25th Oct 2017 at 7:22 PM.
ive been using this mod for a little while now and ive noticed a problem. the 'become a parent' wish never seems to be fulfilled even after a sim has become a parent. this is the first time ive used it on an active sim so i really didnt notice before. my elder sim has the aspiration, and when she got a wishing well child it didnt check off. so i thought wishing well children just didnt count. but when her son who has the same aspiration had his own natural twins, it didnt check off either. any idea why? could it be because they are vampires?

*EDIT* its because he is gay. i had him impregnate his partner and it checked off just fine, when he was the 'father' instead of the 'mother'. just FYI in case anyone else is having this issue
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 8:17 PM
thank you so much often, I just want have sims that live life, or just need extra sims this creation is perfect for that. how did you make this, was it by hand or did you use a program?
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 4:11 AM
LOVE this!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:18 AM
Hey guys, sorry for the bit of absence. I was trying to work on a new aspiration based on the World Renowned Surgeon Lifetime Wish from Sims 3; but a problem with it ended up causing a bit of what I call a coding block for me.

Thanks for all the thanks, downloads, and favorites everyone! I'm glad to have made something worth using ^.^"

@Zeri When I can, Ill look into seeing if I can fix that problem. At the time of this post I am currently not at home where I can fiddle with the mod.

@jazzyfries I had used Zerbu's The Sims 4 Mod Constuctor(v2 Beta) program
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 6:07 PM
Does this work with the new pets update? Because I need this aspiration olol
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 11:08 AM
Update please :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 3:54 AM
Hey guys so sorry for the very delayed update to this mod. From Feb to May, I was busy with some IRL stuff and one of the things I was doing was moving; and unfortunately, I accidentally packed away some of my important computer items in a fury that one gets from being tired of the moving process and have forgotten what boxes they may be in. So till I can go and sort through storage, I am very sorry for any hiccups. v.v"
As always if the mod doesn't work anything(patch or mod) please feel free to let me know so that I can add that information to the mod page.
Page 1 of 3