Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 12:31 PM
Default Is it possible to blacklist certain patterns?
I feel kind of overstimulated by the amount of patterns in my beloved Theme and Geometric categories. Is it possible to blacklist or hide some of them?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2022 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cure Smile
I feel kind of overstimulated by the amount of patterns in my beloved Theme and Geometric categories. Is it possible to blacklist or hide some of them?

the only way I know is to move certain patterns to another category so the theme and geometric ones aren't overloaded by editing the PTRN with S3PE though I never tried that.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 3:18 AM
I use packages for everything that I can. Convert to packages if wanted for ones that you can, and then you can pull your CC in and out of the game easily as needed/wanted.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2022 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cure Smile

Probably possible, although patterns that are not part of some CC are inside of the C program game file packages, making it a tedious process to find them. As I have never had need to look for them, I am not sure which file(s). But can say that as TSRW gained many patterns as EP's and SP's were added, patterns are found in those as well. Also to note, that the game patches may contain patterns, somehow. Recently, I went back to update some of my old work, and when opened, patterns were missing. Only thing I can think of, is that the workshop files were made when I had Origin and patch 1.69, but have since removed Origin and am all disk and patched to 1.67.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 6:53 PM
Thank you all for the replies, I was afraid all the original PTRN files look like some custom patterns I downloaded, each pattern having their own PTRN file and numeric names, but fortunately the game has it all nice and clear in one file including EP ones and TSRW is helpful with the names if they aren't already obvious.
I suppose I should change the category to "Old" for them not to show in game? Should I mess with PTRN or xml?
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I use packages for everything that I can. Convert to packages if wanted for ones that you can, and then you can pull your CC in and out of the game easily as needed/wanted.

I was referring to eaxian patterns, unless you call them CC as soon as I edit them, but I agree, packages are everything