Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 12:57 PM
Yeah I've been checking the site. I was hoping they'd posted some rules elsewhere.
Advertisement
#27 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 2:08 AM
okay, i have a bit of a problem. i killed both my founder and her husband. however, when i click on the neighborhood view it looks as if he's still there. when i go into the lot, there is no one there. i dont want to restart my legacy... advice?
Forum Resident
#28 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 11:19 PM
If I want to let my heitr marry an maxis-made playable, would I be allowed to do so, if I adjusted his money?
#29 Old 5th Jul 2007 at 8:59 AM
Ok, so I have a legacy challenge going and my founder went swimming and got struck by lightning and died, his wife didn't care, because she was in the process of getting pregnant by the guy I'd planned on making my second legacy founder(casual romance hacks :D) I want to complete the legacy I've already started because they already had 3 children, but since the wife of the previous founder is already pregnant by the future legacy found I was wondering if I could go ahead and marry them off and start a second legacy in the same household :D
Field Researcher
#30 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaimeA
Ok, so I have a legacy challenge going and my founder went swimming and got struck by lightning and died, his wife didn't care, because she was in the process of getting pregnant by the guy I'd planned on making my second legacy founder(casual romance hacks :D) I want to complete the legacy I've already started because they already had 3 children, but since the wife of the previous founder is already pregnant by the future legacy found I was wondering if I could go ahead and marry them off and start a second legacy in the same household :D
I didn't follow all of this, but if you've already got money and a house there totaling more than $20,000, then no, you can't. You're supposed to start off with almost nothing.

Quote:
I just started my Legacy today, the founder is Britney Legacy (creative...not) and I was having fun, and it really was a challenge!! I made alot more friends with Britney then I do with my regular sims. It brings me back to remembering what the core point of the sims is (I dont remember actually...). Too bad Britney didn't make it, she died...oh well I didn;'t save
Just so you know, there's a one-point penalty for each intentional don't-save-and-reload.

Quote:
Would it be considered cheating if I used cheats to raise my sim's motives on a Buisness lot? It takes WAY to long to go in between the community lot and the house, so I would rather use motive cheats on the buisness (for the playable sims only). It's too much work to keep my sim happy, AND keep things in stock, and keep the customers happy, and ring up the customers, etc.!
Try getting a plantsim to run the business if you have Seasons, maybe a Servo if you don't. Servos may not be allowed to own the family business though - I don't know if the "family business" has to be owned by someone related by blood to the founder. If you want, you can put snapdragons around the shop to help out just a little bit. Raising motives is definitely a cheat, though.

I'm foreseeing some trouble getting those tricky Master points. The Black Sheep one seems the easiest, and my founder had an alien daughter, so that's where I'm starting. I don't know whether to make her a zombie or a plantsim first... maybe I'll get her into the secret society as a freshman, let the cow plant eat her, and then resurrect her as a zombie once her brothers and sisters go to college. That should work OK. Then I'll make her a plant Sim, and then a vampire last. I don't have Pets so I don't have to make her a werewolf.

But the other points seem really hard! In No Regrets, for example, you have to make sure they never see a fire, never have a burglar at their house, never pass out or wet themselves, never get abducted unless they're a knowledge Sim, never so much as lose a best friend (except through daily relationship deterioration) or burn food! I guess you could kill them off as soon as they've reproduced, but it would have to be in a way that doesn't give them any bad memories.

Ivy League and Child Prodigy seem especially hard - I'm scared of Ivy League because I suck at parties, and Child Prodigy is just nuts. But I badly want to be able to make my Sims Knowledge Sims. Do teen zombies age? If not, I'll have a much easier time than otherwise. I'll just keep them around until they get all the scholarships. As for Child Prodigy, I'm thinking I'll keep an unemployed lifetime-platinum plantsim around to tutor this child on a bunch of career reward things. I've also been told to keep lots of snapdragons around. It's just difficult, because kids can't use the energizer or drink elixir. I think I'll die happy if I ever get it done.

But yeah, if anyone has tips on No Regrets, Ivy League or Child Prodigy, I'd really appreciate it.
Site Helper
#31 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 2:38 PM
Zombies don't age at all. (Nor do they ever stop being zombies without cheating.) So your teen zombie would stay a teen until you send them to college. And even if they die and get raised they will still be a zombie with the zombie personality. (Which is almost nothing. They get something like 04220.)

Edit: for no regrets, try no risk. You can't have a fire if the stove is gone, you can't lose a job if you don't have one, (Paintings and novels can make good money if you build your creativity as a toddler to avoid any "sell bad painting" fears) you can't lose a best friend if you never have one to lose, you can't get abducted if there is no telescope, etc.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#32 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 3:40 PM
It's a good idea, but the problem is that I have to do that for the entire legacy lot, for the entire lifespan of a Sim who is an heir. It would be one thing if I could kill them off as a teenager, but that's not possible. I think I will try some of that though... keep the stove, but try to keep my Sim eating chef salad and cereal, or eating food others have served. And no stargazing.

I had gotten one heir to college safely (no bad memories) and then a cowplant ate his friend at the Secret Society. Oh well. He couldn't have gotten the No Regrets anyway, at least not without seriously messing up my plans for Black Sheep. (His sister is an alien zombie... and why the heck isn't she a plant sim yet?! I must have had her spray pesticide 10 or 15 times past the original 10 needed to create a risk. After she becomes a plant sim, it's just vampire and then I'm golden. I don't have pets.)

I'm also wondering about impossible wants. How in the world do I know when my Sim has gone on 100 dream dates? Do I have to count them manually? Because that's sort of a pain in the butt.

Also, I need a ghost from "illness". I've found a guide that tells me which diseases are fatal, but I'm not sure how long I need to keep my Sims sick before they die.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 7th May 2008 at 7:11 PM
I have a question. My founder died, her heir, Dru had the next heir already had the current heir, Max. As long as Max stays in the house, is it okay to move out Dru?
#34 Old 7th May 2008 at 8:13 PM
After reading the handicap portion of the site I believe I'll use some of those on families in my prosperity hood to add flavor lol
Field Researcher
#35 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rome_raven
I have a question. My founder died, her heir, Dru had the next heir already had the current heir, Max. As long as Max stays in the house, is it okay to move out Dru?
Yeah, I think it is.

SO. Guess what? I'm about 75% of the way to getting the Child Prodigy point! *boogies* I've got an heir with maxed out Cooking, Charisma, Body and Mechanical, 8 Logic and Creativity, and 2 Cleaning. He's got 3 days left (well... more like 2 and 1/4 now) and I've got a weekend coming up, and Cleaning should be easy since he's 10 Neat. I've been using every trick in the book to get those skills maxed out... snapdragons and golden career-reward statues to make his needs decay slower, an unemployed plant sim (among other things) with a thinking cap to tutor him in everything, infinitely prolonged autumn, even a snow day so he wouldn't have to go to school. I think I'm actually going to do it!

I also got the Black Sheep point by having an alien zombie vampire plant sim. She's not a vampire anymore though. Her name is Cassiopeia and she's the one who's been teaching my heir his skills, how to study efficiently, etc. Also, she's a complete weirdo who talks to trees, pulls daisies off her head and counts the petals when she's bored, and dresses like a space pirate. She's hideous and strange and scary and I absolutely love her.

I brought a Bigfoot home and he's pretty nice to have around. He's got all the badges and maxed skills, so he's useful for teaching young Constantine his skills when Cass is busy. I'll probably have him make a Servo or two to help run the family business (which I don't have yet >.>), and then let him move out. Bigfoot is nice, but I want Servos to help run the businesses.

I've got big plans for Constantine, my 3rd-gen heir. I want to use him to get the Capitalist Master point, which may be impossible, I don't know. I think he'll be able to get the badges but I'm not sure about the perks. I plan to make him a plant sim when he's an adult so he can run businesses with Cass and/or any servos.

Still no luck on Happy Birthday or No Regrets. I threw a party a little too late when Constantine became a child, and he ended up growing up automatically at 6 PM rather than blowing out the birthday candles. As it turns out, that doesn't count towards the birthday "requirement" at birthday parties, and with about 1:15 left, the party went from Roof Raiser to Disaster. I was barely able to get it up to Not Bad (by having my 2nd-gen heir cheat on his wife with one of the guests!) but that was it. And then he was scared by the ghost of his grandmother as a child, so there went No Regrets. Oh well.

Also, I apparently suck at ghosts. I've only had two Sims die so far and they've both been from old age. I think I need to get some of my Legacy people home from college so I can make them die strange and horrible deaths.

I don't actually like my 2nd-gen heir that much. He has no nose (like my founder, which I totally didn't realize until he had kids) and he's turned into a kind of vain, self-absorbed guy. He's not very useful, or even very good-looking.

So how's everyone else's Legacy going? Oh, and I do have one question about interpretation of the rules: when they say "platinum death", does that mean it has to be from old age (to leave a platinum grave)? I'm guessing yes but wishing no... D:
Field Researcher
#36 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 8:25 PM
Default Need help with BV + legacy
According to legacychallenge.com, I get "2 points if you collect every single souvineer from vacation and display them in the house. This includes purchased and dug-up items."

I'm not sure which items are necessary to get here. You can dig up items that are found in the Buy catalog, but it's pretty random which ones you get, so I'm guessing that doesn't apply. So that leaves:

Skippy the Stone
Rocky the Rock
Greta the Granite
Bone
Buried Treasure

Pagoda by Oh The Memories
Doll by Oh The Memories
Little Chest of Booty
Private Island Figurine
Lumberjack's Pride
Bit o' Vug

Do I need to get beach items too? If so, we can add to the list:

Clam
Starfish
Colored Glass
Conch Shell

What about other stuff? Do I need to have all of the secret maps? (Those can be dug up too. Not that I don't already have them all, but I'm just curious.) What about the voodoo doll, or the pirate's stuff (captain's log, gold doubloon, treasure map)?
#37 Old 9th Jun 2008 at 2:42 PM
Hey guys!

I don't know if I'm at the right place to ask this, but I started my first legacy and I'm having some kind of a problem finding a townie to marry... I mean, it's not only the fact that most of them are amazingly UGLY, but also, wherever I go, I always meet the same ones! Is there a mod or something that can change this?? I think I read something about that but I can't find it now...

Also I was wondering, if I have downloaded custom eyes, is there any way townies can have them? Because I really, really HATE Maxis eyes...

Thanks!! :D
Field Researcher
#38 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 6:20 PM
This game sounds like so much fun! I wish I had the will power to play, but I would end up cheating horribly. LOL I guess I'll just stick to creating legacies of my own without playing the game. :D
#39 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 6:47 PM
I think I might try this!
It sound's like fun.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 7:18 PM
What is a rainbow legacy? I have seen it mention here and there in passing. I think it invoves the color Yellow.
Scholar
#41 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anebrd
What is a rainbow legacy? I have seen it mention here and there in passing. I think it invoves the color Yellow.

A rainbow legacy is basically a legacy but you colour code each generation. And you can pretty much cheat as much as you want.

You can find the rules here: http://community.livejournal.com/rainbowlegacy/474.html

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 9:53 PM
Is it just me or are the rules not that clear? I'm getting ever so confused. I don't really know how to get the ball rolling, get it all started and what not. Any advice?
Scholar
#43 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 12:26 AM
The rules are quite simple. Make or get from elsewhere a founder. Put this single sim on a 5x5 lot and do not give them any extra funds. They have to find a spouse, get married (or not) and somehow have children so that their bloodline can carry on. If you have a female founder/heir, they don't have to get married because the children will get their surname. A male founder/heir has to either have alien babies, babies thanks to a hack allowing same sex pregnancy or marry a female so that his children will have his surname and be related by blood. You can marry any townie, NPC or service sim (which the rules have shortened to "NPC", causing much confusion). Basically - as long as they are not living on a lot and are not currently playable, they are fair game. Bin families are playable so you cannot marry them into the main house but non-heirs can marry them. The idea is to take pot luck with a random townie and not have everyone marry Malcolm Langrabb and get a bajillion simoleons as a result.

Apart from that, the basic idea is to stay away from hacks except those that fix game bugs and make small quality of life changes. Ideally, you would play without any hacks whatsoever. The goal is to get to generation 10. Some people count the founder as generation 1, some count the first lot of kids born as generation 1. Up to you to choose how you want to count generations. From each generation you choose an heir. The heir has to be related to the founder by blood, so if the last heir was male and his wife had an affair and a kid resulted, the kid from the affair cannot be the next generation heir no matter how eye burningly cute they are. The heir has to be related to the founder by blood. Usually, once the non-heirs reach adulthood you get them to move out. With the exception of university, once a sim moves out of the family house they cannot move back in. So if you decided on an heir and moved out htier older siblings only to find that the cute toddler turns into an ogre as a teen - too bad, nobody moves back in.

The family stays on the same lot for the entirety of the challenge. You can, but don't have to, play the non-heirs. Other than that, the rules also outline various handicaps and challenges you can select for yourself that will earn you extra points. Like meeting "impossible" LTWs (50 first dates, woo hoo 20 different sims, etc). Just keep the basic rules in mind - everyone has to be related to the founder by blood and carry the family surname, and after that the rest of the various challenges within the challenge and handicaps will become clearer once you actually start playing.

Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
#44 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 7:56 AM
I'll do it. I'm good with generations.

>
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 4:28 PM
i've never ever played a legacy before- today i'm going to attempt it is it hard? knowing my luck i'll have ugly kidlets any advice on getting good looking kids?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Scholar
#46 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
i've never ever played a legacy before- today i'm going to attempt it is it hard? knowing my luck i'll have ugly kidlets any advice on getting good looking kids?
To get better looking kids you need to have a founder whose face has not been too tweaked in Bodyshop or CAS so that they don't end up passing on weird features like really high cheekbones, huge eyes, etc. Also, get replacement face templates because those will affect the face blending for kids as well. You can also make your own townies so that you don't have to stick to Maxis townies. Or just breed in the townies with the first few face templates.

Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 19th Aug 2008 at 12:15 AM
well i created a found in cas i just cloned the maxis face which has the slighty stick up nose... the tanned skintone face thing anyway i just tweaked her a lil bit..i hope she will breed nice..

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 2:07 PM
Oh Man! I just made a legacy and mine is dumb! Oh Man! Do you have to have a dog or cat?
#49 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 8:44 AM
I did my legacy in Veronaville i made jareth Legacy, he married Regina althow i cant remember her last name. They had twin girls named Rachel and Palm they then had a third daughter named Robin and then a fourth named Jane Rachel and Palm are teens and Robin and Jane are children.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rainbowlove
Also I was wondering, if I have downloaded custom eyes, is there any way townies can have them? Because I really, really HATE Maxis eyes...

Thanks!! :D
If you download a set of default eyes, they change all the Maxis eyes in your game to the ones you downloaded. The sims you create can still use custom (non-default) eyes, but any sims you created that had Maxis eyes, or any townies with Maxis eyes, will switch to the default ones.

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Page 2 of 7