Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#11376 Old 23rd Jun 2022 at 9:43 PM
Oh, that explains it then. The bird my Sim bought was custom content.
Advertisement
Scholar
#11377 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 11:01 AM
My Sims 2 game takes up 5% of my 250GB hard drive.
Top Secret Researcher
#11378 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 9:51 PM
Why did I forget that sims can work out to the stereo?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#11379 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 7:53 PM
Hard to believe the sims 2 has been around for 17 years. In 3 years somebody will have to do a 20th anniversary re-release and have it remastered.
Field Researcher
#11380 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Hard to believe the sims 2 has been around for 17 years. In 3 years somebody will have to do a 20th anniversary re-release and have it remastered.

Sims2205?

A well remastered retro game would be great!

Of course, after fixing some bugs, the designer may just just throw new things in there, which break, leading to bleak disappointment among fandom.

I have seen that multiple times in gaming, most notably in RPG's.

The shitty thing is that new stuff sells more than nostalgia.
Lab Assistant
#11381 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 4:34 PM
I think I need to eventually really learn how to convert Sims 4 accessoires to the Sims 2. There are so many cool tiaras for Sims 4 that I would LOVE in my game but no one seems to convert them. But I don't have any time anytime soon to really learn something like this. No even sure if my laptop can handle it.
Mad Poster
#11382 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 8:56 PM
I could really use a haystack bed in my Pleasantview Epic Challenge for newly arrived colonial settlers living on their homestead farms while waiting to get a house built.
Forum Resident
#11383 Old 30th Jun 2022 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I could really use a haystack bed in my Pleasantview Epic Challenge for newly arrived colonial settlers living on their homestead farms while waiting to get a house built.

Like the one here on MTS?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Top Secret Researcher
#11384 Old 3rd Jul 2022 at 8:58 PM
Perfect sims day today. Played all day, 0 crashes.
And it was raining outside and in the game at the same time, so cozy.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#11385 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 2:35 AM
I have way too many edits of files spread all across my computer. I'll do some edits here, put them in a new folder, do some edits there, put those in another folder, and suddenly I've got 3-4 versions, and no idea what's what. Also reasonably sure I've edited some files at some point that I could really need now, but absolutely no idea where I put them. Makes it no fun when I'm reorganizing my Downloads folder...

Why it takes so long to reorganize things? However much I'd like to think I've got some sort of a system on my computer, that thing is a mess, and I know it. I doubt anyone but I could find anything on there

Anyway, figured the best thing was to just have the newest edits in the main Downloads folder. At least I know where they can be found...
Scholar
#11386 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 8:45 AM
Finally gaining access back into my much loved Rematra Village (Version 6 with some crashes), I counted up the number of lots in the entire mega hood.

Rematra: 91 lots in my main hood.
Digimos Uni: 71 lots in the university hood.
Falaun Valley: 71 lots in the Downtown hood.
Dryis Harbour: 105 lots in the (Shopping) hood.
Kiwi Archipelago: 32 lots in hood. (More to be constructed)
Swernina Peak: 12 lots (for now)
Qulario Parago 2 Lots (MOAR!!! to be constructed)
all together: 384 custom made lots.
Most are not small lots, or even medium
Field Researcher
#11387 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 9:46 AM
Do you have Sims living in them? Imagine playing with 384 hauseholds in rotation XD I have I think around 20 and it takes me a week to complete a round of 2 sim days each .-. (Have a mod that makes the time go by half so a day takes twice as much from the time) In general... do you guys get things done with normal speed?
Scholar
#11388 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 10:21 AM
Nope, that's all lots, both residential and community, bare land, built and occupied. total 351 playable Sims across 126 households. going to use Story progression instead. no way I'll ever see Johnny Smith's birthday playing rotationally!
Field Researcher
#11389 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 11:11 AM
Took me one reallife year to age my started Toddler sims to Young Adults so yeah with 126 households it will be awhile XD
Forum Resident
#11390 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 3:31 PM
From now on I am making my towns really small, like Stardew Valley size with populations of 10-20 people. That way I keep track of who's who and manage events easier.
Mad Poster
#11391 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 5:18 PM
I figure this doesn't warrant its own thread. So. I'm just letting you all know I'm leaving. Or rather left. My mental health is completely down the drain and I destroyed my game and all back ups so... theres no real reason for me to be here anymore.

Goodbye ModtheSims(2), thank you for letting me be a part of this community for over half of my lifetime.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11392 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 6:59 PM
Nooooo @Bigsimsfan12 ! Please don't leave, I love to read about what you've been up to (in and out of game). The great thing about sims is that there is always a new neighbourhood to start, and new content to download. I hope you will come back when you feel better, please take care of yourself! Sending hugs.
Mad Poster
#11393 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I figure this doesn't warrant its own thread. So. I'm just letting you all know I'm leaving. Or rather left. My mental health is completely down the drain and I destroyed my game and all back ups so... theres no real reason for me to be here anymore.

Goodbye ModtheSims(2), thank you for letting me be a part of this community for over half of my lifetime.

@Bigsimsfan12 Your mental health can get better and you can come back! All is not lost! If you don't feel like being around us there's no need to be here, but the only reason you need to be anywhere is that you want to be. You don't need a reason to want to, either.

Take care of yourself. Things can be better.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11394 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 7:17 AM
@Bigsimsfan12 -I've not been active in my game and inactive in my BACC for a few monthes because I found a few game issues needing to get fixed first though that's starting to be less of a problem.I would just back my game up and 7zip my game folder if I didn't want to play it for a while to take a break.I'd search Youtibe for subliminals to halp with your issues and hope to be back one day.I've been dealing with quite a few major issues myself and still try to find time to load my game up whenever possible.
I used to get lost trying to manage towns that started out too built up and with too big of a population to begin with and am now starting out much smaller like with just one couple claiming a homestead.I plan on adding more couples in very slowly to simulate a town being born from a small collection of homestead farms.I can get a very effective story progression that way and will use spreadsheets to keep track of who is next to play.
Field Researcher
#11395 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 10:10 AM
When I'm walking outside and see houses and streets I always think of how cool it would be to have this in Game and then I always have the motivation to play Sims 2... which I never can cause I'm outside when that happens XD Always
Mad Poster
#11396 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 1:56 PM

You will be missed!
Real people are more important than pixels. I hope you will enjoy those 2 lovely kids of yours growing up
Theorist
#11397 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 2:27 AM
I'm not sure this even belongs here, because it's not strictly Sims 2 (or Sims 2 at all) but I haven't played Sims 2 since, like 2019, but...I reinstalled Sims Medieval a few days back and have been playing. I don't even know why. It's not much of a Sims game (the Sims themselves look great though!)
I guess I've had a lot of stress lately, and fulfilling all those little goals and quests in the game is in some way meditative or something?

Hope you are feeling better soon! I'm Bipolar so I can understand when mental health comes in the way of enjoyment of something, maybe one day you'll return to Sims and to this place. Would be nice to have you back.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#11398 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 7:00 PM
For anyone looking for a woohoo with anyone mod, Don't do it. The mod itself does not exist and the so called mod is just a virus/ransomware/malware package bent on destroying your PC if you attempted to download it. Good thing I can see what's in these mods when thinking whether it's safe or not. Just thought I should bring this to everyone's attention.
Field Researcher
#11399 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 7:02 PM
Anyone meaning any relationship? Or do you you all ages... cause ACR exists
Mad Poster
#11400 Old 13th Jul 2022 at 7:54 PM
Last night I had a thunderstorm in the game. My husband jumped and looked out the window "Oh . . . it's your game."

Revenge for all the times his movies have made me look out the window for fire trucks!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 456 of 515