Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#11451 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
"Revenge is a dish best served cold" -Klingon Proverb.

I think Penny agrees with that saying.

My Simblr
He/They
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11452 Old 8th Aug 2022 at 3:04 PM
Actually, the Klingons did not first say that phrase-as it is very old.

"The origin of the expression, “revenge is a dish best served cold,” comes from French author Eugène Sue and his novel, “Memoirs of Matilda. “The English translation of the work by D. G. Osbourne, published in 1846, has the phrase appear as follows. “And then revenge is very good eaten cold, as the vulgar say.”
But the modern reference is from this:
Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan (1982) is the first use of the modern phrase, “Kirk, old friend, do you know the Klingon proverb, “Revenge is a dish best served cold?”

I'm picky when it comes to quotations and their references.
Sorry.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11453 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 5:40 AM
I've been taken away from playing TS2 for now by the discovery of a MSE issue whee it was last updated in June and had not updates at all since then and it's been failing to correctly identify files as clean or infected.One download from here got flagged recently as infected by MSE and I suspect it was falsely flaggged.I've begin looking for a free virue prection softare to replace MSE unitl I can get a paid replacement.I want to get back to my game so I have to find something soon.
Mad Poster
#11454 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I've been taken away from playing TS2 for now by the discovery of a MSE issue whee it was last updated in June and had not updates at all since then and it's been failing to correctly identify files as clean or infected.One download from here got flagged recently as infected by MSE and I suspect it was falsely flaggged.I've begin looking for a free virue prection softare to replace MSE unitl I can get a paid replacement.I want to get back to my game so I have to find something soon.

Avast works for me. It does what it does and doesn't seem to bother me too much about Sims files unless they come from real shady sites. Nothing from MTS though.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11455 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
"The origin of the expression, “revenge is a dish best served cold,” comes from French author Eugène Sue"

Ah but who did Eugène Sue get it from? The Klingons, maybe!
Mad Poster
#11456 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 6:59 PM
Avast was one of the options I had downloaded an offline installer for the free version since I don't have a way of paying for anything online.It alos looks like MSE mist've updated a fixed update though I can't be sure of that yet.I might be able to get back into playing my game though not for today because I have shopping to do because I'm almost out of milk.
Instructor
#11457 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 7:51 PM
Every time I go on a extended hiatus from The Sims, someone comes out with a life-changing mod. Last time it was the Story Progression mod. Now, it's new Lifetime Wants and Make Everything Shiftable mods.

I really don't have the time to load up the game, but I want to start a brand new Pleasantview to fool around with the new mods.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
#11458 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Every time I go on a extended hiatus from The Sims, someone comes out with a life-changing mod. Last time it was the Story Progression mod. Now, it's new Lifetime Wants and Make Everything Shiftable mods.

I really don't have the time to load up the game, but I want to start a brand new Pleasantview to fool around with the new mods.

The modders are simply clever and amazing they always make the sims 2 fresh and new.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#11459 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 11:06 PM
@monijt1 -You're not alone in starting up a brand new Pleasantview game as I've been setting up a Pleasantview terrain map for my Pleasantview Epic Challenge and all of the new releases are being used except the story progression Mod since My current story progression which is shipped with the game already works very well and my own modification is already a great improvement and made even better with the ability to choose lifetime wants now in the game.My pleasantview is starting out with it's colonial rigins about 420 years in the past when it was first settled at the turn of the 17th century.
Top Secret Researcher
#11460 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 3:43 AM
I never tire of the R&B channel on the radio

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#11461 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 5:13 AM
Dixie Dixie by Prescott from the sims 2 country station. That song I DO like. Not only is it funny, it makes me dance to it. And here's a fun fact. There is no original song based off this so the only version of this song is in simlish.
Mad Poster
#11462 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 5:50 AM
I think I Played Chicken with the Train is pretty funny too in Simlish. Tbh, all the country music is funny. Kind of irritating that they mixed Bluegrass and pop country together into the same station though, but that's just my OCD.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#11463 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 11:45 AM
This is one of my favorites from sims 2, and it brings back a lot of memories: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-fYFcRuBUg
I love this one too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acJUnTirwU8 Also all r&b music
Instructor
#11464 Old 11th Aug 2022 at 9:44 PM
I love Family Sims :lovestruc

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
#11465 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 3:58 AM
I finally decided to separate my normal game from my projects and other stuff into folders. I had forgotten the feeling of the game loading in seconds.
Scholar
#11466 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 9:03 AM
I just did a calculation and I've built around 668 lots in my current hoods.
Forum Resident
#11467 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 5:34 PM
Showing off a nice horizon I got from Criquette.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11468 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 9:10 PM
That's a pretty scene @pianogrinder !
Mad Poster
#11469 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Showing off a nice horizon I got from Criquette.

That's a very lovely one-is it something he had in his downloads on his Simblr?
Because I looked and couldn't find it-I'm interested in it.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#11470 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 12:49 AM
That's a very lovely one-is it something he had in his downloads on his Simblr?
Because I looked and couldn't find it-I'm interested in it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/deurlt2y8...bourhoodHorizon
There were four of them from Criquette. Somebody archived them.
Forum Resident
#11471 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 12:00 AM
Way back before there were console and PC video games, in the 80's there was D&D and monopoly. The main attractions in our neighborhood. Yup I was an 80's teenager
Lab Assistant
#11472 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 7:03 PM
Just had one of the strangest bugs I've had in my game -- well, the bug itself wasn't too strange, but the solution was. Every time the game tried to spawn the penguin, it would throw a "slot number out of range" error until I deleted it, and nothing was showing up when I ran the error log through WhatCausedThis. I decided to check if I could summon the penguin with the simblender and when I clicked through the summon menu, instead of "NPC - Penguin" it was showing up as the name of a specific CC end table from a 3t2 bedroom set I'd downloaded. Deleted the end table, and the penguin worked. But why on earth would a table overwrite the penguin? I would never have guessed in a million years that that would be the problem. IDK, I thought it was funny how random the conflicts in this game can be.
Mad Poster
#11473 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 7:33 PM
When you square up to your neighborhood thinking: "Okay, whose community lot visit did it crash on last night?" and realize, no, wait, you quit on purpose last night, not because it crashed and it was too late to load the game again - maybe you're having a bit of a crashing problem and should do some computer/game maintenance.

Confirmed when the game crashes on the way to the first community lot visit within half an hour of opening the game...

(I know I need to clean the cat hair out and the last time I did this the guy I took it too showed me how to slide the panel straight off but it doesn't come off, not for me, not for my husband, so what am I supposed to do? I can't just take it in to be cleaned every six months! Besides, it's probably not just the cat hair.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11474 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 8:45 PM
It's obvious that the author has never played the game for more than a few hours.
I mean, who doesn't play a family for years?
Come on, this is serious business!
The Joy of Playing the Same Sims Family for Years

Forum Resident
#11475 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 9:47 PM
It's obvious that the author has never played the game for more than a few hours.
I mean, who doesn't play a family for years?
Come on, this is serious business!
The Joy of Playing the Same Sims Family for Years

"Half a decade". Yeah, yeah. I've played the same "in-game" clan for half my life.

I am Error.
Page 459 of 515