Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#176 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 1:54 PM
That the wish for meeting aliens is also fulfilled if the Sim gives birth to an alien. Never known that, but it makes sence.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#177 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 3:16 PM Last edited by nikel23 : 2nd Apr 2016 at 3:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Farrah96
That you can make 3 way phone calls if you unlock the popularity aspiration benefit!

Lol, I feel like it's fairly obvious considering the benefit is... that!

I discovered that finicky pets (or maybe only cats?) would rather starve to death than eat from their food bowl. I kept being confused why my cat's hunger was always in red until he was ready to eat. I used controlPets but the interaction to eat from the food bowl was just not there. I used testingCheatsEnabled and dragged his hunger to red and finally the interaction was available. I don't get it. It's the cleanest and most expensive food bowl yet he didn't want to eat. How do I make him eat without letting him starve?

Just call me Nikel
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#178 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
It's the cleanest and most expensive food bowl yet he didn't want to eat. How do I make him eat without letting him starve?

It's a game bug apparently:
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...finicky-pet-fix
Mad Poster
#179 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 4:13 PM
One thing that generally works is to set a plate of sim food onto the floor and scold the pet for eating it. Most of the time, the pet will then go eat from the pet bowl, and can be praised for eating pet food, and after that they starve less.

Never get a finicky pet for someone who's gone all day! I had to pull fish out of Hi Thyme's inventory to feed his cat while he was gone a couple of times, which didn't help matters any. And a fish that would fill six sims full to bursting only filled her half up!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#180 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 5:37 PM
I was playing the Dreamer house and during a storm Darleen's grave got hit by lightning. It was blue instead of the usual lightning color and then Darleen's ghost came out for a bit even though it was daytime. I was worried something glitched but then found out on Sims Wiki that it's actually a thing built into the game. So after all these years there are still things in the game that can surprise you!

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Mad Poster
#181 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 6:33 PM
In my experience you need to teach a pet the "Come here" command first - and he/she will come if called to eat, and will dig into the pet food without any problem at all.
Test Subject
#182 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 7:05 PM
The glitches in the game are rather off, they never fixed the swimming in the floor thing from The Sims.
Forum Resident
#183 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 9:57 PM
This is interesting! If you change your sims hair, and they are maybe three days or less away from turning into an elder, their hair selections show graying hair!

My sim is two days from being elder and I thought he needed a new style. His dreads are salt and peppered! It didn't work with a custom hair style but definitely maxis hair!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Alchemist
#184 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 12:26 AM
have now tested double-story windows at diagonal intersections.
-angle 45 (or 315), they cannot be placed there.
-angle 135 (or 225), they can be placed there.
thus both floors would need to be any of these angles:: 90 (or 270), 135 (or 225), 180.

meet alien Want fulfilled by giving birth to one; not sure if I seen it in my game. would test it either tonight or tomorrow.

about phone calls, I found out long ago that at least 1 other household sim can join a telephone conversation. I often used that to get certain sims acquainted.

another long ago discovery:: deepest base game basement is equivalent to 9.5 floors; or maybe it was either 9.25 or 9.75 floors (I do not remember).
posted it at some other site; either MikeInside or the main site.
Field Researcher
#185 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 1:22 PM
Well apparently somehow my Sim who had a Genie and excelled in Physiology gained 10 Body Skill points in a matter of 5 seconds when it was her very first time working out ... can that happen?
Mad Poster
#186 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 1:53 PM
Yes It has nothing to do with the genie. A Sim who studies Physiology gains body points very quickly (except if you use a mod, here on MTS, by Gummilutt, I think - to prevent it).
Alchemist
#187 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's a game bug apparently:
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...finicky-pet-fix

What? Oh man, thank you! I never even realized it was a bug! I thought it was just an annoying behavior!

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
In my experience you need to teach a pet the "Come here" command first - and he/she will come if called to eat, and will dig into the pet food without any problem at all.

He was still a kitten when it happened so I couldn't teach him that command yet. His behavior to eat food was already full though. I commanded him to go eat pet food but he just wouldn't budge like normal pets would.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#188 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Yes It has nothing to do with the genie. A Sim who studies Physiology gains body points very quickly (except if you use a mod, here on MTS, by Gummilutt, I think - to prevent it).

A little more information on this

When EA introduced Physiology, they made a mistake with the code that made Sims instantly learn body skill after having studied it. They fixed this in the AL patch, making Sims gain body faster, but not instantly. However, when M&G was released, they broke it yet again and it went back to being instant. It is technically a glitch, but some players like it that way. They reason that it takes a long time to learn physiology, so Sims deserve to max body if they do. Others dislike it, and want it fixed. To each their own

For those who wish to fix it, there are two mods. I took the working code from the AL patch and made it override the broken code in M&G (found here). Pescado also has a fix for this in his alfixes mod, which has a more elaborate code. Unfortunately, alfixes breaks the love letter date rewards, they will vanish into thin air after the Sim gets them out of the mailbox, and I really like those. Most of the things in alfixes are fixed by patches, so I made my physiology mod to replace alfixes in my game

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#189 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:50 AM
- It seems that Three Lakes is the destination I'm enjoying the most. Twikki Island and Takemizu bored me to tears.
- A family gathering is fun to play. I think I'll try harder to make more.
- The "get Bigfoot hug" want.
Scholar
#190 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 12:53 PM
When males go for a pee, there's a hilarious xylophone sound. I can't stop laughing at it.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Alchemist
#191 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
When males go for a pee, there's a hilarious xylophone sound. I can't stop laughing at it.

It's male children to be specific. There's a mod that prevents that in MTS.

Just call me Nikel
Link Ninja
#192 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 5:32 PM
It appears that 2-tile arches used in apartment lots can screw up the unit and after the lot zone is changed, the apartment considers something on the other-side of the arch a 'common space' where you can't re-arrange or add furniture after the renter has rented.

Using a 1-tile arch will correct this or using any of the extendable arches by tbudgett , will render the game considering everything within the unit, part of that said unit.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#193 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty

I pretend the parents have placed some sort of training aid in the toilet in hopes of improving aim - the auditory is there since we can't see the floating cheerios.
Mad Poster
#194 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
I pretend the parents have placed some sort of training aid in the toilet in hopes of improving aim - the auditory is there since we can't see the floating cheerios.

I downloaded a mod a long time ago to take out that sound.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#195 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 9:22 PM
I discovered how much uni grades decrease if you do not attend the final exam. I have a pregnant YA living in the main hood, and I have ruled her too sick from her pregnancy to attend a three hour exam. I've only ever skipped final with Sims I intend to have fail, so I had no idea how much it would affect things. Turns out it's a quite a lot, about 1/3 of the bar I'd say.

If anyone else has wondered, here's the result. I tested maxing out her bar, and skipping the final exam. Bar 1 is pre-exam maxed out bar, bar 2 after the penalty. Bar three and four are the same bars again, but with the post-exam bar placed in level with the passing line, to display how much of the bar must be filled in order to pass without attending final exam.

And because I am a giant nerd, I made a transparent overlay in Gimp with the red line marking the required grade, and the frame of the bar, that I can place on top of a screenshot of a Sims grade bar, to determine if they would pass without going to the final exam.

(Not transparent here since you wouldn't be able to see it properly, and I don't know if MTS can display transparency)

Top Secret Researcher
#196 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 9:29 PM
I didn't think they could pass at all without attending the final exam O_o

This opens new possibilities^^
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#197 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 9:35 PM
It may depend on the sim since the one I had with close to max bar failed by not attending his final exam. His bar dropped by at least a half if not a bit more.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#198 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 10:39 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 4th Apr 2016 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Fixed brainfart
Perhaps Jo, I only tested with this one Sim. But the amount in my tests is quite a lot, depending on what you define as "close to max" it would still cause them to fail. I directed my Sim to study, and she did so until she was too tired to continue. I tested her bar at that point, and it was one pixel short of passing. This is what it looked like
That qualifies as close to max for me, and the drop would be enough for her to not pass. I cheated her a bit of energy and had her continue until I saw the bar go up one more pixel. I saved and tried skipping the exam, and she passed that time The way the bars are displayed makes it tricky to estimate in fractions, since the top and bottom pans out. Might be that what you rule as half a bar, I rule as 1/3 of a bar

On an related unrelated note, playing this Sim I also discovered that Sims won't necessarily fall down on the floor when they pass out. I wonder if it's because she's pregnant.

Alchemist
#199 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
meet alien Want fulfilled by giving birth to one; not sure if I seen it in my game. would test it either tonight or tomorrow.
tested it; it does not in my game.

Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
another long ago discovery:: deepest base game basement is equivalent to 9.5 floors; or maybe it was either 9.25 or 9.75 floors (I do not remember).
posted it at some other site; either MikeInside or the main site.
9.25 floors (or 37 connecting stairs). that is regardless of lot size or elevation of lot.
Theorist
#200 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 11:06 PM
I had a couple kids do that too, the fallin asleep standin up, so don't think it's a preg thing.
Page 8 of 445