Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Toddler Mirror - **MAJOR UPDATE 4th March** - Please re-download!

by boblishman Posted 28th Feb 2006 at 6:26 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2018 at 3:16 PM by boblishman : Update

340 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 330 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 14
Test Subject
#201 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 8:41 PM
Really great object! My little sims adore it
Test Subject
#202 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 10:50 PM
This is really awesome, thanks !!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#203 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 11:40 PM
Good news! The new toddler mirror - with all the bugs fixed and some fine additions (for instance, the ability for the adults to "Join" the toddler in looking at the mirror) - is finally ready

Now we just need to wait Boblishman to upload it on the main post (I guess it will do tomorrow).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#204 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 11:41 PM
This object is fabulous! It's very useful! Thank you so much for creating it!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#205 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cozzu
I love this mirror! :mdance: Thanks for this great object!
One thing.. the catalog description says +creativity, the message box when the toddler plays with it says they got a point of charisma, but they actually get a body point.

All these issues have been addressed in the upcoming new version of the mirror. Thanks for your report.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#206 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 12:19 AM
Blinder :arghmaty:
Instructor
#207 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riding Siberian
I'm really impressed with this. Thanks!

I had the same problem someone else reported, however. After my toddler played a while I added 'Change Appearance' to the queue. Several minutes later he's still playing in the mirror. Cancel wouldn't stop the play. I finally set moveobjects on and deleted the mirror and he recovered.

I don't know if the queued request for 'Change Appearance' had any relevance or not. The Toddler was in the green on all needs. I have both University and Nightlife.

Again, thanks a million, this is great!

My problem was the same. Changed appearance with no problems, gained skilled (even when it said charisma instead of body, lol) but he would not let go of the mirror. The bladder and energy level where in the read for hours, did not pee his nappies and did not fall asleep. I had to delete the mirror. Shame really as this was an excellent idea.
I used to have the other mirror which was fine but did not have the added bonus of a skill and yes I did delete it before installing the new one. Please you two great ones, find a minute to correct this problem. Thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
#208 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 12:42 AM
Hold on! The corrected version of the mirror is on its way!
As said, it will be posted tomorrow.

Field Researcher
#209 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 2:56 AM
Very nice, thanks
Test Subject
#210 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 2:56 AM
Thanks for sharing !!!

Skeerdans Aka ooliyoh ,architect for http://www.lemondedessims.net/SimsWorkShop/
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 5:48 AM
I like your mirror, but when I went to cancel the toddler from using it and go to the potty he won't leave the mirror. The parents left for work and the Nanny is standing out side the house. So I deteted it from my game in hopes that when I load the game back up and enter the house it will be gone.

Pandadme
Test Subject
#212 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 7:22 AM
I had that problem too. I thought maybe it doesn't work with the expansion packs. I have uni and nightlife.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#213 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 9:42 AM Last edited by Numenor : 4th Mar 2006 at 10:11 AM.
************* MAJOR UPDATE - 4th March - PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD!*******************

ADDED: New interaction for adults: now they can "Join" the toddler when he looks at himself in the mirror.

ADDED: The Toddler Mirror can now be "stepped over", like other small objects placed on the ground.

FIXED: The colour changing to pink at the end of the "Change Appearance" interaction.

FIXED: The interactions can now be correctly canceled.

FIXED: The message displayed when the Body skill point is gained doesn't mention any more the "Charisma" skill.

FIXED: The Catalogue Description now correctly displays the "+Body" tag (instead of "+Creativity").

Field Researcher
#214 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 10:56 AM
thank you for your updates numenour
i didnt get much hcnance to use the original file in game but i am sure the updates are just as great

OF ALL THE THINGS I'VE LOST
I MISS MY MIND THE MOST
Field Researcher
#215 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 2:10 PM
Okay ... how cool is THIS!! Thank you SO much! And it is very adorable. You guys ROCK!

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Field Researcher
#216 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 2:37 PM
This is wonderful!!! :2cents: :baloons: Thanks very much in making it for us, guys.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer
Test Subject
#217 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 3:34 PM
Redownloading and loving again but...I haven't tested this with the new one, but does the reflection come up? I know you said it does originally, but there was no reflection with mine on the first one, and you didn't say that that had been fixed. It's not a huge problem though, so...

For a really good site, go to my site, cheekyzmonkeyz. Do NOT I repeat NOT expect there to be any sim downloads. It is not a sim site. Plus, click here for...something weird. You'll see.
Test Subject
#218 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 6:46 PM
Thanks for the fast turnaround on the fixes. I've worked in MIS for 26 years so I know the effort involved. A great addition to the game!
Mad Poster
#219 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 6:57 PM
Have you got reflections turned on in your game? My game turns them off when I install a new expansion pack.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#220 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 7:13 PM
I'm getting an Invalid/corrupt zip error when I try to download the fixed version =/

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” -- Oscar Wilde
Find me on: Facebook Xbox Live: Aceofblue
#221 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 9:40 PM
At first this thing didn't appear for me but I'll redownload and give it another shot. When I say didn't work it showed in the thing that comes up when you download an object but didn't appear in the buy mode/decorative/mirrors or in the kid section.
Test Subject
#222 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 10:57 PM
:banana: Yessss! Thank you, you both did an amazing job! I mean WOW :omg:! Thanks x1000.

Love doesn't make the world go round, Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Field Researcher
#223 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 3:49 AM
Great, the not being able to get off it was a pain in the rear, thanks for fixin it.

Faster than a speeding Loogie. More gas that a Retirement Home. Able to leap tall snot nuggets in a single bound. It's....Booger Man!
#224 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 4:04 PM
I really loved. Thank u so much!!!
Test Subject
#225 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 5:14 PM
thanks
Yeah i was just about to email you to tell you that after changing appearence my mirror went blue. Thanks alot ! *mwah* :nod:

xLoney and friendless please message me x

XshaynaX
Page 9 of 14