Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#226 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 4:11 PM
And pics of the asylum:

Small pool(counts as the Body skill item):

Living area:

Cafeteria:

Sleeping area:

Bathroom:

Advertisement
#227 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 12:55 AM
..Hey..I have a quistion..what if your sim gets alien pregnant on accident? does that mean you gotta forfeit or what?
Alchemist
#228 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 1:44 AM
Well you can't have more than 8 sims on a lot (without hacks) so no resident sim can get pregnant...

Hokey - wow I thought my asylum was shabby, nice work! I love it! Nice sims too!

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#229 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neema
..Hey..I have a quistion..what if your sim gets alien pregnant on accident? does that mean you gotta forfeit or what?

So long as your household is full with the full 8 sims you shouldn't get pregnant.

Although that's a good question for after the inevitable, possibly deadly, fire
#230 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 2:28 PM
OK, this is REALLY crazy, but I dreamed last night that I was in my Sims' asylum!
Yes, the same exact one that I put pics of in the above posts.
I was going around slinging pretend food at the others and waking them up.
#231 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hockeystatqueen
OK, this is REALLY crazy, but I dreamed last night that I was in my Sims' asylum!
Yes, the same exact one that I put pics of in the above posts.
I was going around slinging pretend food at the others and waking them up.

That is weird... You might be getting a tad obsessed
Alchemist
#232 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
So long as your household is full with the full 8 sims you shouldn't get pregnant.

Although that's a good question for after the inevitable, possibly deadly, fire

A valid point. Then again, the chances of a natural alien abduction are so small, it's not really something I'd worry about. And even if it happens to one of your female sims, they don't get pregnant anyway. In the extremely remote possibility of a male inmate getting abducted AFTER someone in the house has died, I think perhaps we should be able to use a cheat to end the pregnancy?...dunnow just a suggestion. It would be a bummer to have to quit because of it. But like I said, it's not a very likely situation to begin with...

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#233 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Trissle
That is weird... You might be getting a tad obsessed

Nah, I only played with the Asylum for a little while yesterday.
I tend to dream weird things when I'm in a deep sleep.
#234 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 12:43 AM
Yep, once I drempt I was in my sims house too. It was so strange.
#235 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 5:47 PM
I for one am enjoying these pictures so much that I'm off to play this!
#236 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 11:41 PM
..I got a idea: you can just make a small box of fencing , use move objects on to move the baby into te box or just build the box around the baby..then have social services take it. you can try and adopt him/her later if you wished...Oh..and btw..nothing said anything about turning off free will in the rules, sooo that could help some asylum escapees here
Scholar
#237 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 5:18 AM
wow this challenge has really livened up my game(been getting abit bored with it lately) my first one was goign very well my controlled sims was well on her way to 20 best friends her ltw....and on day 10 they had their first fire luckily she was home and called the fire department. but sadly the very next day, only a few hours after (shoot im having a memory lapse or somthing lol what the heck is my controlled sims name!! ack heck ill call her lilly ) any who , lilly left for work another inmate...i dont know which one i was actually watching tv at the time for like 1 minute but i had it on fast foward ...started a massive fire when i looked back at the game 2 sims were already dead and the fire spead around the kitchen devouring all the counters the stove the sink and the fridge plus one chair and yet another inmate. finally lilly returned home and calle dthe fire department, just in time to as the fire department arrived yet another inmate (moron) stepped into the flames and as nearly consumed as well. he survived but he and 1 other were so depressed and apparently so over come with grief they didnt eat and shortly starved to death on the same day. so now just lilly blackbeard (the pirate lol) and one other are left...man i really thought i was safe from fires having only just the one other and being so long into the sims life span (i made them all join lilly while she watched the yummy channel =p) so anyways if any one cares heres some picsbefore the fire (lilly is in the middle.. white top)
hott
saved...barely
crazy after the fire (blackbeard teh pirate)
#238 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 10:26 PM
Lmao, I had a similar thing happen to me today! My sim, Izzy, went to work at 8am and about 1 sim hour after she had gone some idiot managed to set the microwave on fire! Now, my sim doesn't finish till 3pm so the fire just kept spreading and spreading and all the counters were burning and everything! They inmates were just stood there panicing! They're so stupid lol Anyway, so 2 sims died and then about 30 sim minutes before my sim got home the next one died and my sim arrived JUST in time to save them from death, and then another died! And she saved that one!

Honestly, they're useless but I was laughing so much! Look:

Ahhh
Ahhh 2
Pleading

One sim decided to fall asleep standing up, he was obviously so tired from screaming and panicing! lol
Scholar
#239 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 10:38 PM
hahaha shreky this challenge is a hoot aint it? but im tryign it again and tried to set it up so that if there is a fire maybe the whole kitchen wont go up...i hope just a few counters along wit the stove and will i hope die out before to many sims die...boy they are dumb...youd think theyd at least call for help ..but heck they wont even call for grocieries so why would they be able to call for help arg! silly sims but it does at for fun and mayhem (sp?)
#240 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 10:52 PM
Haha yeah its great. To be honest, Im glad there was a fire because the two sims that died keep haunting everything lol. Infact one ghost keeps going to the same bed in the bedroom nearly every night and cheering lmao then she just goes on haunting!

I've only had one aspiration failure and that was my sim! Haha, her fear was to have a fire so the first fire - she was in bed and some idiot set the microwave on fire so i got her out of bed to call the fire men but before I could get her back to bed she saw the fire (darnit! lol) and went into aspiration failure.

That meant that after the fire had gone out everyone smelt and my sim was on the floor being inspected by that Doctor lol Whilst the other sims were looking at her and calling her crazy (that thing where they look weird and twirl their finger near thier ear) lol
Instructor
#241 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 2:00 AM
I been lurking around this thread and reading all the post and I think I will join now that I'm not into so many contests
#242 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 11:28 AM
Yeah, do, it's really fun!

Most of my remaining sims are in Red aspiration, apart from my sim! lol
Anyway, due to that my pleasure sim decided it was fun to dance with a lampshade on his head quite a few times - t'was funny, i've never experienced the pleasure sim aspiration failure thingy before!

Aspiration Failure

Also, my sims seem to be obsessed with painting! Look: Painting Obsession

I've ran out of wall space in the main room so i've been putting them in the toilet room and the shower room lol.
#243 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 3:54 PM
I unfortunately lost my family in a recent install (Always back up files *hits self*) but I think I'm going to try again. First step, RECREATE CHICKEN MAN!!!!

Shreky the please failure is one of my favourites. I once put a sim into aspiration failure just to watch and film it - but I think mine did a different dance to yours. Mine had a little shuffle and kick
#244 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 12:16 AM
Haha i'm terrible at this!

3 of my sims have died so far! 2 from a fire and 1 from Hunger (she refused to go to the fridge, even though as soon as my sim got home from work she ordered groceries and put them in the fridge!

Soooo Missy died

My sim was asleep at the time, I tried getting her up to save Missy but everyone was in the way and she wasn't quick enough! Now Missy regularly visits the Fridge and gets angry, oh and she haunts the shower/bath! lmao

On the plus side my sim is one skill point and one promotion away from reaching her Lifetime Want (Buisness Tycoon)
Site Helper
#245 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 5:19 PM
Is it legal for the single toilet to be the one with the hideous green stall?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
#246 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 9:11 PM
ok, im in. the only challenge ive ever done was the legacy. this one seems fun! I'll start it today!
#247 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:39 AM
I started this challenge last week and I have had 3 fires, countless desparation failures and I can't seem to get my sim up the career ladder. Her ltw is to become captain hero. this is so hard. At least on the bright side I haven't had any sims die yet.
Field Researcher
#248 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 3:50 PM
moonlitsmiles5, good luck. For me the first death usually started the downward spiral as the ghosts were never nice.

Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Is it legal for the single toilet to be the one with the hideous green stall?

Yes. You could even put the toilet in a seperate room from the shower/bath. Hint. Hint. Hint. :D
#249 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 4:14 AM
Things were going swimmingly - most of the Sims appeared to know how to cook, I had a couple of neat Sims who kept cleaning up things, as well as a couple of nerds that kept on painting, my main Sim was well on her way to becoming Chief of Staff - and then I had a catastrophic fire (while my Sim was at work) that wiped out 4 of the Sims there and then, plus a further fifth Sim who collapsed in his own pool of urine and died of exhaustion. I didn't turn off aging, so about two-thirds of the way through the remaining sims turned into Elders (one particular Sim, in aspiration failure, ended up as a Dirty Old Woman ;-) ).

I had the queues for the loo and bath that others have described, but can confirm that having them in separate rooms is definitely the way to go. I would also advise against a telescope - one of my surviving sims had a net -70 score with the local coot that she kept on spying on during the day.

Here's the score:
Beginning score: +100
No influence: +20
Skills: 41 + 17 + 18 = +76
Aspiration: +174 + 23.6 + 8 = 205
Friends: +9
Days spent inside: -37
Deaths: -20 x 5 = -100
Total: 273

This was with a Knowledge Sim, ltw Become Chief of Staff. All Sims were randomly rolled.

I suspect that it's easier by far with a Pleasure or Romance Sim - dates are a phenomenal source of aspiration points.
#250 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 3:36 AM
Second try: I rolled Popularity, and got the life-time want "Be Hall of Famer". Which is much, much better, as the job is mostly 9am to 3pm, and for most of that time hungry Sims try to make food without settng it on fire (cereal, lunch-meat sandwiches, chef salad etc.).

Having said that, it took 8 fires before I managed to achieve my one Sim's life-time want.

Points were as follows:
Starting: 100
No influence: +20 => 120
Institutionalised 26 days => 94
NPC skills: 125 => 219
NPC aspiration: 138,600 => 358
PC skills: 37 => 395
PC aspiration: 199,400 => 594
Page 10 of 36