Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#251 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 2:07 AM
I'm playing a "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories"-themed asylum (the six Organization people, Namine, and a Mary-Sue named Mary-Sue who is the controlled sim). I was amazed at how WELL the characters could take care of themselves and each other (except Zexion, who kept taking naps while starving until I had to force Mary-Sue to wake him up and get a meal).

Axel, naturally, was first to set the stove on fire. Mary-Sue called the Fire Department, and all was well except for four Aspiration Failures (ironically Marluxia, Axel, Larxene, and Vexen). Zexion slept through the whole thing (I've forgotten what that boy's Aspiration is).

I'm less than a week in (two fires so far), and I confess, I've cheated four times:
Twice after fires with the InSIM Motive Adjustor to keep everyone from starving in panic.
Once to install a coffee machine.
Once in the second fire, when Lexaeus and Namine were in flames and I didn't want to lose Lexaeus (seriously, he could keep himself in gold aspiration autonomously), so I had Lexaeus call the Fire Department because Mary-Sue was at work. (I lost the stove, a counter, and the toaster oven, none of which I've replaced yet, but I think I saved the trash can.)

For those interested, Mary-Sue is a Knowledge sim, with a goal I set of becoming a Criminal Mastermind. She's also in love with Marluxia, whom I've never Mary-Sue'd in my fanfiction. For some reason, the dice were rolling particularly low today, and almost everyone's either a Knowledge or a Fortune sim, with the exceptions being Namine (Romance) and Lexaeus (Popularity).

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Advertisement
#252 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 5:24 AM
*hopes Larxene dies*
Instructor
#253 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kinako
*hopes Larxene dies*

I'm hoping I don't lose any of them, once Mary-Sue gets out I intend to move them ALL out and play them as normal sims, hacks, Aspiration Rewards, love-children with CAS sims, the whole shmear. Though Mary-Sue doesn't seem to really be compatible with ANY of her present inmates, she gives me the evil eye whenever I tell her to hit on Marluxia, and he's the closest so far. I'm also considering changing M/S's hair to bubblegum pink so she's not just another blonde...

#254 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 6:44 PM
Heh, sorry. I just don't like Larxene...at all. XD
Instructor
#255 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 11:44 PM
Heh, sorry. I just don't like Larxene...at all. XD

Well then here, have some Aspiration Failure.

You know what, though? I DID IT!!! Mary-Sue made Criminal Mastermind!
So... here's my score!

The Good:

* never used influence = + 20 points
I don’t have Uni, so this bit was all but guaranteed
* each skill point your living fellow patients have at the end (you can look now) = + 1 point
(Lexaeus and Vexen were chess buddies, so they had insane logic points)
* each 1000 aspiration points your living fellow patients have at the end (add them all together and then round up) = + 1 point
* each friend of the household = + 1 point
THE GOOD: +144 points

The Bad:

* every sim day that you remained institutionalized = - 1 point
33 days
THE BAD: -33 points

GRAND TOTAL
100 (starter)
+144 (the good)
- 33 (the bad)
------------
211 points!

#256 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 12:09 AM
Yikes...Larxene looks stoned. XD

Nice job on your final score, though. :D
Instructor
#257 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 11:50 PM
Yikes...Larxene looks stoned. XD

Nice job on your final score, though. :D

Yeah, it's the happiest I saw her for the whole challenge. She and Vexen seem to enjoy getting zapped by Mary-Sue's new lie detector, though. Ah, the joys of being able to use InSIM again. Everyone's either in green, gold, or platinum Aspiration, and Axel and Zexion have moved out and raised their first baby, a boy named Eagan.

I guess technically it should be forty points less, as if I hadn't cheated I would've lost at least two inmates. 171, then.

#258 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 8:40 AM
That's still not bad, though.
Scholar
#259 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 4:45 PM
I had to enter this challenge; it sounded fun! I chose my Sims, as follows:-

The Neasin Psychiatric Hospital

Rain: My playable Sim, who was in the business career
Melanie: The damsel of the group - she whined and whined about being hungry, yet never actually went so far as to cook for herself.
Doug: The gorilla, literally.
Lottie: Nice as pie attimes, but had a tendency to poke and slap visitors.
Matty: The military punk, who was actually very shy.
Morris: He never really did anything, just caused a couple of fires. He was just...there.
Penny:[B] She was very nice, until she started to fight Matty. Many, many times...
[B]Wanda
: The piano player, who fancied herself as a ninja.

I thought I was going to have it pretty good actually, for the first few Sim day there were no fires. But when it came, it really came! Rain called the fire department but put out the fire herself before they actually arrived - this immediately flung Doug into aspiration failure. Cue screaming, shower hogging, and then laughing at the poor gorilla man.

Lottie had no bed and decided to sleep standing up...whatever works...

Unfortunately, about a quarter of the way through, Rain was at work when the next fire broke out. Wanda and Morris were the first to go. Doug, typically, went into second aspiration failure...but at least Melanie started cleaning. A lot. Some time later Doug, Matty and Penny helped with the cleaning up effort. Penny, lucky her, was asleep through the whole fire Apparently Wanda and Morris weren't the best of the unch because nobody seemed to care much -- no wonder the came back to haunt everyone!

Doug finally calmed down enough to read, and Rain got a promotion on the third day.

Melanie was so hungry she decided to stuff her face, the first of a few times. Not all was bad as I noticed Penny and Doug, Lottie and Penny became best friends. For some reason this set off a crying fit from Lottie, .

Lottie eventually went into aspiration failure; the demands of living in the poor place became too much for the woman who wanted everything - expensive! Penny, thanks to eaten rotten pizza (it was an emergency after hte funds were too low to deliver food (and the phone had gone up in another fire) and pizza was the only thing that could be ordered for a few day, became sick. This was nothing for Rain, who got another promotion.

Lottie, again, went into aspiration failure and favoured panhandling over eating. As Mao (the first friend of the group) and Rain started a fling, Wanda's ghost started scaring people. This let to the third fire. Oy!

Morris' ghost scared Lottie twice, and it set off the third aspiration failure for her. As she begged the ghost of Wanda scared her.

Lottie again went into AF after the fourth fire.

While Rain was at work the food ran out and Lottie and Melanie were on their last legs as they coped for hours with starvation. Fortunately Rain got a delivery over and cooked in time. Morris' ghost scared a visiting Mao. Doug, after playing the piano enough times, seems to have started to get a few fans when he brought the inmates crowding around him clapping. Lottie started to pick on Mao; she really shouldn't, he's rich!

The ghosts came around and delighted in scaring everyone, waking them up and scaring them some more. For the first time Wanda scared Matty to death. As Rain pleas for his life, and saves him, Wanda proceeds to haunt Melanie instead. This does not go down well.

Rain, in the meanwhile is kissed by Matty. This does not go down well with Penny who, it turns out, liked him. She proceeds to slap Rain.

The fifth fire starts while Rain is at work - typical! In the process Lottie and Melanie are killed. Doug goes into AF again. Penny decides it's fun to hit Matty, who pokes Penny. This makes her cry, and then they fight.

Matty dies, and is saved again by Rain. Melanie's ghost scares Penny. I'm assuming at this point that Doug is scared to death, but I don't know -- I look away from the screen for a few seconds and when I look back people are mourning Doug and Matty is dying yet again. No sooner has Rain come to his rescue again, he and Penny are fighting. When they're done Rain decides to use ol' Pen as a poking instrument.

Slapping, hitting, poking - you guessed it - round three (or four?) of Matty and Penny going head-to-head.

They fight three more times, and thanks to the ghosts Matty dies and is saved by Rain twice more! It's a good job Rain doesn't have a night job, .

At this point, so close to the end, Matty was finally scared to death, and did stay dead. Two days later Rain became a Business Tycoon and came home in the chopper. Right in time to see that Penny, the only patient left, had gone into her first and last aspiration failure.

And a few pictures of some of the inmates:

Rain

Melanie

Lottie

Doug after the first fire

Melanie cleaning up after the first fire

Doug in a quiet moment

Rain after her last promotion

How many Sim days does the adult stage last for?
#260 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 1:31 PM
Very interesting challenge, I'm gonna try it. But first, a few questions:
-Is resurrection allowed?
-Are Lycantrophy and Vampirism allowed?
-Are pets allowed?
Field Researcher
#261 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 3:13 PM
I'm so glad people are enjoying this.

TRIriana, adult time is 29 days.

Lord Valcus, no resurrection (no career or aspiration reward objects are allowed so you can't resurrect) but you can plead with the grim reaper.

Lycantrophy and Vampirism are fine. Remember you can't control the other sims or have them leave the lot even if it's with you.

I made this before pets so I didn't include them. In fact I guess I should try to add some rules for that especially with the new ltws that happen. I will give it some thought.
#262 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 6:28 PM
I've been meaning to do this challenge for awhile. Oh, I dont know if this was included in the hospital link, but this is a complete medical set for the sims:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=174948

I want to make a bloody silent hill-ish asylum <3
#263 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 12:52 AM
Yeah, Im double posting but it's been awhile since my last one. Anyway, we should be able to get points for every sim NOT killed. You take 20 and 30 for deaths, and only get 1 point per skill, 1 point per 1000 asp. points and it doesn't seem fair. Otherwise, I love this challenge.

Oh, and also I lost count of how many days it's been so I can't give myself a proper score. In the sims 1 they had a screen that tells you how many days you've been living in a house, and I wished they still had that. I also kept everyone in hospital gowns and medical bracelets because in an asylum you wouldn't see a fairy goth princess and a guy in a bear suit, they wouldn't have access to that stuff. Anyway.

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o205/simasylum/
#264 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 1:31 PM
My number one favorite challenge! Thanks for coming up with it, Scout, it's given me hours of fun. I'm wondering if you guys would like to read my story on this challenge, it's not the best but it was lots of fun....I don't think I'll ever finish though.
Forum Resident
#265 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 2:22 AM
I've just started and, oh boy, my sim wants to have 20 simulatiousnly lovers. I feel like changing it, but naah.
One question though. I've a couch and a tv in the same room. Am I allowed to turn on the tv to make a sim wake up, turn it off and steal the couch? I guess not but I wanted to ask.
Forum Resident
#266 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:19 AM
Woo, finished! I must say that I'm very surprised by my patients. Bunch of skills, 2 couples and no death, although they kept starting fires.
My scores:
+83,75
+131
+39
-(I'm not sure, let's say, uh, 110)
Top Secret Researcher
#267 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 9:15 PM
This looks cool; I'm gonna go try it.

A couple of questions:

Somebody talked about having a pool, and I didn't see anything for or against it in the rules, but it seemed against the *spirit* of the rules. Scout, what's the official ruling on pools?

The rules say that you can have a TV and a bookcase, even though it's possible to build some skills with the TV. Does that mean we can have an exercise machine?

Now that Seasons is out, I figure it'll be harder to keep the inmates from dying (especially with only the one shower). And are we allowed to grow crops?

And if we get the 5 Top Businesses want from OFB, how can we do that if we can't leave the lot except in the car pool (not to mention how completely impossible it seems otherwise)?

Thanks for thinking up an interesting challenge!

Oh, and strange tidbit: I worked in an insane asylum during the summer of 1980. I suppose it's possible that they're better now, but back then, they were truly grim.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
#268 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 10:17 PM
I played this challenge a while ago and really loved it. Here's my score:

Never used influence: +20
Each skill point your living fellow patients have at the end: 144
Each 1000 aspiration points your living fellow patients have at the end (add together and round up): 142
Each friend of the household: 13
Every sim day that you remained institutionalized: -43
Each roommates death: 20
Each visitor death: 0
TOTAL: 356
Instructor
#269 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 12:55 AM
I'm SOOO starting this challenge. I've had nothing to do with my sims really lately and this would give me a chance to do something. *runs off to make cruel asylum*

ps. even though the rules don't say, tables (like end tables) and dressers are ok, right?
#270 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 1:16 AM
If I'm remembering right, those are allowed. I think I had a dresser in my asylum - I can't really remember. Here's a link to my asylum, if anyone wants to take a peek at it:

http://www.magicbeanssims.com/redrose.html

I will say that I ran into two problems. 1) I had accidentally put the most expensive telescope in the house. One of my patients ended up being abducted through the roof LOL That's when I realized what I'd done and switched it out. 2) My main girl actually started to burn to death (oops), so I cheated and had one of the guys put her out. It was my first time playing it, and I was doing it more for the fun of it and less for the points. One of these days, I'll do it again and get through the whole thing without goofing up.
Scholar
#271 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 4:58 PM
I'm reading yours now, MagicBeans. I was going to ask if your Gil is beared Griss from CSI - then I noticed your downloaded Gil Grissom, hehe.
#272 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 5:12 PM
hehe, they're all celebrities. Josh Bernstein is the only one you may not recognize. He does a show on the History Channel. Tres hot. *swoon* And Suzy is my Sim-Me.
Test Subject
#273 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 2:39 PM
I just started this challenge,and wondered how everyone else was doing? I read every single post here, it sounds hilarious. I've enjoyed all the pics and stories, I just hope someones around to help me when I go crazy playing, LOL
Scholar
#274 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 11:20 PM
I started another today...come 8PM on the very first day of life in the Institute, a patient started a fire. I had to drag mine out of bed to phone the fire service. Despite trying to make her go back to bed after, she insisted on panicking. Cue many showers, some showering while another Sim was washing in the sink and...

...Three Sim hours later, the same patient started ANOTHER fire.

Fireman came again, alas five out of eight went into aspiration failure - mine included. A sixth was asleep in bed the whole time, . Not sure if they missed the first fire too. I will post a few pictures in a moment.

Notice how she looks at Mikkah, the woman in the back, as though SHE started this mess? .

Three Sim hours later...

And this wasn't even a full day, .

#275 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 12:30 AM
Oh, that's terrible, Tririana! I hope things go better in the future. XD
Page 11 of 36