Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*TESTING* Modern Elevators - Updated to 1.48

by Diriel Posted 25th Feb 2012 at 3:43 PM - Updated 30th Jan 2013 at 12:15 PM by Diriel : Update

119 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 71 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Instructor
#26 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 9:07 AM
This is awesome!!!! Wow, you certainly chose a difficult object to start with, but you did a great job! A simple modern elevator was for sure sorely needed in the game, thank you so much for sharing.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#27 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:26 PM
I can not place it at all, not even with moveObjects. :s
It's just transparent and does nothing.
Any ideas?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 2:07 PM
Great job! Will download, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 3:28 PM
Finally!!! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 3:36 PM
I needed this so much! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 5:53 PM
I love this! Thank you! Unfortunately, my game likes to crash whenever I use an apartment, so I won't be using it there. It may be something to do with my CC, but I don't know. I'm trying to get rid of the stuff I don't use, so I'll download when I have done that =D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 6:42 PM
We needed this... a new modern elevator would look perfect everywhere! (provided the place is modern!!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mariaaaanna
I can not place it at all, not even with moveObjects. :s
It's just transparent and does nothing.
Any ideas?

I'm afraid not, I've never heard of this issue. I suppose it could be possible that some other CC is interfering, but unless we have an ID collision, that shouldn't happen. I can't seem to find that this has ever happened anywhere that google can find. =/

If you manage to figure it out, and it's something I can fix, let me know.
Scholar
#34 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diriel
I'm afraid not, I've never heard of this issue. I suppose it could be possible that some other CC is interfering, but unless we have an ID collision, that shouldn't happen. I can't seem to find that this has ever happened anywhere that google can find. =/

If you manage to figure it out, and it's something I can fix, let me know.

Me too.. It happened on my Sims 2 long time... BUt nothing happening on Sims 3...

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 10:20 PM
Thank You!
Thank you so very much for sharing this, you have done an amazing job! One of the problems I had with the games elevators were if I made a hospital or something of the such they didn't fit in with the atmosphere, these will fit just perfectly! :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 4:37 AM
Awesome! Downloaded and placed in game, god i hated those art deco elevators.

Anyways just wanted to let you know that so far, no hiccups, great job!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#37 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 5:20 AM
This is how an elevator looks like - not the EA one... at least not in this century... - thank you for sharing.
Scholar
#38 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:39 AM Last edited by RomerJon17 : 27th Feb 2012 at 7:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by vanacakes
Awesome! Downloaded and placed in game, god i hated those art deco elevators.

Anyways just wanted to let you know that so far, no hiccups, great job!

Well EA made a better elevator for Sims 2 but I'm happy Diriel made an OTIS elevator for Sims 3 =D I can't wait till the arrow lights up and show some numbers if possible =) Also the button lights up too =D

Every elevators should have a certificate and manufacture sign =D

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Instructor
THANKS POST
#39 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 8:19 AM
It works! And it looks very nice! Good Work :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 9:14 AM
Some Sims come out with glitches, because whenever there's a probable bug in something, it happens in my game. :S At least I am good for testing. xD I`ll try again!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mariaaaanna
Some Sims come out with glitches

As in leave the elevator? What kinds of glitches?
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 5:16 PM
Best Mod Ever!
You just made my favorite modder list :D. I have been looking for something like this FOREVER! And even without those 2-3 features you intend to add THIS ROCKS !
Instructor
THANKS POST
#43 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 7:32 PM
Very very nice indeed - Thank you for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 9:28 PM
Diriel, this is awesome! I love it!
I actually like the Art Deco design ones too, since I kind of like that old 1920's Hollywood look, but I don't know why EA didn't a include modern design too... Oh well, you've done a superb job, even without the other features, though I'm sure those would be marvelous too, if you can manage to "wrassle" the effects into submission...
I'm off to check it out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 1:06 AM
Looks great! Finally, an elevator that'll look normal in a normal place. <3
Thanks so much for sharing!
Test Subject
#46 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 7:12 AM
I downloaded and installed your elevator. It was the only thing I installed since the last time I started the game. My computer bluescreened. I shut it down and back on and it's fine with out the elevator. I don't know if your elevator really was trying to kill my computer, but that's what happened.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DWI__yeah
I downloaded and installed your elevator. It was the only thing I installed since the last time I started the game. My computer bluescreened. I shut it down and back on and it's fine with out the elevator. I don't know if your elevator really was trying to kill my computer, but that's what happened.

Did it bluescreen a second time with the elevator installed? I've had Sims do all manner of weird rare things.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#48 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 10:13 AM
I'm speechless, no one has ever cloned it and you come out of the blue doing this amazing job. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diriel
As in leave the elevator? What kinds of glitches?

My Sims for example stop moving or doing anything when they arrive to a party/are about to sleep or take a shower, the action just continues endlessly until I use the 'resetSim' cheat.
Also, something I downloaded caused WA to crush veeery often and the camera stopped working. I don't know what it was cause I don't remember dowloading a WA related mod.
Sometimes the camera freezes.
Mods like 'Clean House for Everyone' crush everytime.
I avoid changing active households in Bridgeport because everything goes crazy, I don't know why.
And a few weeks ago, all the mods I installed stopped working and I had to redownload them.
So I think it's not your elevator's fault. The NL one works perfectly though.
Test Subject
#50 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 9:02 PM
I've been trying out the elevator, but for some reason, my sims woun't use it unless I make them and when they get off, I get this message that reads: "Awsome: You got izzle" or something. Is that part of it, or is it some unforeseen problem?
Page 2 of 5