Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mosaic / Censor Mod for The Sims 4 - Toddler Compatibility Update!

by moxiemason Posted 7th Sep 2014 at 10:47 PM - Updated 1st Feb 2019 at 7:22 AM by moxiemason : Adding info on troubleshooting

2290 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 704 Feedback Posts, 1585 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 90 of 92
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2226 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 5:21 PM
Mod is working fine for me. it appears the only time it would need to be updated is if there is a new life state added, such as pre-teen.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2227 Old 16th Sep 2021 at 10:58 AM
In my game patched to 1.79 the mod still works.
Forum Resident
#2228 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yavannah
Yes, I do have tried and still using Sims 4 Studio, but it does not help. My sims still goes shower/bath their clothes on. Not very funny. And I do not have many mods and I mean mods like that no mosaic anyway. Just a default skins and eyes and few sliders and huge amounts of cc's.
No I do not have MCCC or what ever that is. And I think I did take that fixing thing of that I had once. And yeah sometimes I might me lazy, but should that damn mod supposed to work with all other stuff anyway. What is the idea have a mod that does not work with other cc's and TS4 stuff? And I have lot of cc's so I'm not gonna take everytihing off, because going back and forth takes ages to do that. Yes, I know I shoud check my cc's and take some of it, but it's still huge job to do.

And I think that if someone makes a mod then it's that someones responsibility keep it up on date, especially since EA updates and patches always breaks both cc's and mods. I do my part and check that those mods I download, works with other stuff I already have.

What you're encountering actually has to do with a bug that was introduced some time back, having to do with what Maxis calls "situational clothing." The whole idea of situational clothing is completely stupid, and although there are mods out there that try to fix it, EA keeps adding more "situational" situations that add more and more situational outfits, and no mod can keep up with all of them.

The shower bug is one of these "situations" that is bugged. The game thinks it needs to generate an outfit, so it does. Most of the time the clothing is CC, but not always; I've seen EA outfits end up as my situational shower clothing before. (Lately those slippers they introduced for the Spa Day update have been doing it a lot, especially for toddlers and children.)

The only solution that works 100% is to use MCCC. It has a module called Dresser that handles many of these things, but it can't do it proactively; you have to recognize when your Sim has been dressed situationally, so you can activate Dresser from MCCC. When your Sim walks into the shower, and you see that s/he has clothing on, then you have to angle yourself above the shower to click your Sim, select MCCC, select Dresser => Outfit Commands => Clean Outfits. It will ask you to confirm your decision; select OK.

This DOES work. If you decide to dig in your heels and refuse to use MCCC (probably the single greatest mod out there for Sims 4, bar none), then that is your own problem. The bug is NOT in this mod; it's in EA's programming for the game. Which really shouldn't come as a big surprise to anyone.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2229 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 6:39 PM
thx
Test Subject
#2230 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 1:26 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth <3
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
What you're encountering actually has to do with a bug that was introduced some time back, having to do with what Maxis calls "situational clothing." The whole idea of situational clothing is completely stupid, and although there are mods out there that try to fix it, EA keeps adding more "situational" situations that add more and more situational outfits, and no mod can keep up with all of them.

The shower bug is one of these "situations" that is bugged. The game thinks it needs to generate an outfit, so it does. Most of the time the clothing is CC, but not always; I've seen EA outfits end up as my situational shower clothing before. (Lately those slippers they introduced for the Spa Day update have been doing it a lot, especially for toddlers and children.)

The only solution that works 100% is to use MCCC. It has a module called Dresser that handles many of these things, but it can't do it proactively; you have to recognize when your Sim has been dressed situationally, so you can activate Dresser from MCCC. When your Sim walks into the shower, and you see that s/he has clothing on, then you have to angle yourself above the shower to click your Sim, select MCCC, select Dresser => Outfit Commands => Clean Outfits. It will ask you to confirm your decision; select OK.

This DOES work. If you decide to dig in your heels and refuse to use MCCC (probably the single greatest mod out there for Sims 4, bar none), then that is your own problem. The bug is NOT in this mod; it's in EA's programming for the game. Which really shouldn't come as a big surprise to anyone.

I wish someone could pin this. I was just about to jump in here with a very similar run down - so thank you for taking one for the team and writing this all out calmly.. and so clearly too! I'm always just..... idk man... just floored to read the kind of comments people leave mod authors. These talented folks could have very well made these mods purely for personal gameplay. They didn't need to be generous and share their work on any platforms at all. Essentially leaving all 2 mil people who have had their gameplay experience improved significantly to: learn how to mod themselves, just ignore the gd censor mosaic, or look for a new game. Just because someone was kind enough to share their work with you, does not obligate them to a LIFETIME commitment ensuring your mods/cc folder is in perfect working order.

It's just beyond me. How is it possible that so many people in these threads have the audacity to all: demand the (made up in this particular case) work to be done, for them personally, how they want it done, be finished, posted, and have received private notification, in the time they've decided is appropriate, for free.. FOREVER lmao?! Its the irony that gets me, frankly. As it is these kinds of threads that are filled with such disrespect... are often the reason why mod authors burn out so hard, throw their hands up, and abandon whatever shared work it is you're pissed about.. so just please... perhaps consider a lifestyle shift. Perhaps you could dedicate this extra time you should have now (since these mod hiccups are clearly game-breaking) to work on what kind of human you'd like to be or at least how you want to represent yourself.. even online.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2231 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 3:35 AM
thankssssssssssssssssssss
Top Secret Researcher
#2232 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bobbo662
Before Cottage Living EP came out, this mod and WW worked well together, but after WW got updated with new patch, this mod only works with adults - not toddlers/kids when using WW. I tested it, just using your mod and WW in my Mod folder. Your mod works great without using WW, but with WW - it doesn't work with toddlers/kids. I think you may need to update. Thanks

If you put this mod in your overrides folder in your mods folder it will work fine with WW as long as WW is not in your overrides folder too! That is how I have mine set up so I can have both. Mosaic is gone!
Scholar
#2233 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yavannah
I agree with most here and I’ve tried quite a few ways already and my sim is still just bathing clothes on. One of the repair modes I've tried is the reset option, but the problem is that even after the reset, the sim still bathes with the clothes on, the outfit just has changed to another EA outfit.

And since I’ve been through the options for quite a bit of time, the only cause of the problem remains the out-of-date NO MOSAIC mod.
So would you be kind of kind and bother to update this and if you don’t visit here anymore then would there be someone knowledgeable here who has the time to do the job, as obviously many would miss this mod without any bugs.

And yes, I read your post on the front page of this post, but you have to understand that these EA patches break very often and easily cc's, including (unfortunately) mods.
There is no such thing as a forever working mod. The only thing more certain is to get more bugs in The Sims 4.

This Mod is not causing your sims to shower with clothes on.... It only removes the blur. You have CC that is causing this problem. Stop whining about this mod not working (It works fine for me and I have lots of mods) and go through your CC clothes and work it out from there by the 50/50 method. Yes its painful to do that but sometimes you just have to spend the time doing it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2234 Old 4th Jan 2022 at 1:50 PM
The mod is still working fine with the latest Sims 4 patch PC: 1.82.99.1030/Mac: 1.82.99.1230
Lab Assistant
#2235 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 3:45 PM
Default Thank You.
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
If you put this mod in your overrides folder in your mods folder it will work fine with WW as long as WW is not in your overrides folder too! That is how I have mine set up so I can have both. Mosaic is gone!

Thank you so much, didn't even know that you could do an override.
Test Subject
#2236 Old 6th Feb 2022 at 5:19 PM
I Cant Open The File. It Is A Pdf. And When I Want To Open It, It Gives An Error. Please Help Me To Run It..
Field Researcher
#2237 Old 10th Feb 2022 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cindy545352
I Cant Open The File. It Is A Pdf. And When I Want To Open It, It Gives An Error. Please Help Me To Run It..

Do you 7 zip or rar to open the file?
Field Researcher
#2238 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 7:13 AM
Mod doesn't seem to be working after installing the new My Wedding Stories Game Pack....

Remember... He who laughs last, didn't get the joke..
Instructor
#2239 Old 21st Mar 2022 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kmercer1
Mod doesn't seem to be working after installing the new My Wedding Stories Game Pack....

The mod STILL WORKS fine. There must be another mod causing your issue.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2240 Old 22nd Mar 2022 at 3:54 AM
This mod STILL WORKS! I have every EP, GP, and SP, 20 script mods, and 24,000 pieces of cc. So if it is not working for you, try reading the above troubleshooting posts.
Lab Assistant
#2241 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 5:05 AM
Thanks for the explantion for shower clothing! I had no idea it was a situational outfit, those annoy me greatly! I did notice my tots had slippers on in the tub but i didnt know why. love this mod by the way, works fine!
Test Subject
#2242 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 11:38 AM
Not working properly. This is what happnes when I try to plan an wedding event.

So I removed the mod and everything worked just fine
Test Subject
#2243 Old 10th Apr 2022 at 7:18 PM
This mod no longer works in my game. Might just be conflicting mods. I looked for an alternative. Found a mosaic remover on Nexus Mods that DOES work with the mods I have installed. So I thought I'd share in case anyone else was having the same issue.
Lab Assistant
#2244 Old 16th Apr 2022 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessShethra
This mod no longer works in my game. Might just be conflicting mods. I looked for an alternative. Found a mosaic remover on Nexus Mods that DOES work with the mods I have installed. So I thought I'd share in case anyone else was having the same issue.

Thank You very much for info
Field Researcher
#2245 Old 10th Jun 2022 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter

Suddenly the dreaded orange bra appeared on some of my Sims some weeks ago. I couldn't for the world understand how to get rid of it and of course I thought it had something to do with my CC. I came here to hopefully find a solution to this and Yay! thanks to your suggestion I solved the problem :lovestruc I downloaded MCCC and Yes! the Mosaic remover still functions as it's supposed to do

"Black is such a happy color" - Morticia Addams
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2246 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 11:07 AM
Hello, is this mod is compatibille with latest Game Version 1.89.214.1030? I m asking becouse they put mosaic on warewolf when they marking trritory.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2247 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 9:35 PM
Looks like it's broken. Dosen't work for toddlers either.
Test Subject
#2248 Old 9th Jul 2022 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessShethra

THANK YOU !
Tested : works with v1.89.214.1030
Link :
https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims4/mods/329?tab=files
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2249 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 7:31 AM
Mine is working but I don't have werewolves. So far, this and skill mod have been great even through these odd game breaking updates by EA. I'm so thankful for these 2 mods I use.
Test Subject
#2250 Old 10th Aug 2022 at 6:36 AM Last edited by Just_Another_7670 : 10th Aug 2022 at 6:08 PM.
I'm probably just an idiot and nobody will probably see or reply, but could someone explain how to properly get this to work. I'm struggling with the earliest part of picking what file to download (and how to extract 7zip if that's what's needed), what sims4 folder to put it in, and how to get rid of the side problems people are talking about with sims still having their clothes in the shower (I don't even know what the CC and other stuff y'all talk about is)
Page 90 of 92