Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2022 at 2:05 AM Last edited by Deia Cupcake : 29th May 2022 at 5:56 PM.
Default How to Make Default Replacement Hair?
Hi! i searched, but only found one tutorial in a blog, but it was complicated and i need a dummies guide, so i searched for a tutorial here on modding section, and found a tutorial about making default replacements, but it said that now the program CTU used has a new feature that now allows to save as default and that makes the tutorial outdated. Can someone tell me how to use that CTU program? I like Buckley's Disentangled hairs and want to use some of them as default for the ugly hairs.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th May 2022 at 5:59 PM
Default found the tutorial i mentioned
Creating default replacements with CTU
Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 9:12 PM
You may want to ask MaryJane, she's been replacing a lot of EA hairstyles with CC ones: https://maryjanesims3.tumblr.com/

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
You may want to ask MaryJane, she's been replacing a lot of EA hairstyles with CC ones: https://maryjanesims3.tumblr.com/

My sister from another mister! There has been one issue with her replacements, that she and I discussed several months ago. It seems that they don't fully take to already in the game NPC's and townies for some reason. Perhaps it's game mechanics of NPC/ townie SIMO files being are tied to the "factory" hair files.

Often, when going to a world where an NPC or townie has had the hair replaced, the textures are not right. All you need to do is enter CAS with that Sim, and all is fine. Then just exit CAS.

I have not talked to MaryJane about this lately, so don't know if she has changed anything since I installed her hair package. I've been working on a few replacements with mixed success. I think she has a new one that I haven't downloaded yet.

Also, I think this is the tutorial she used when making her replacements... https://carversims.tumblr.com/post/...ir-for-ts3-what

And this... https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=642637
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 8:41 PM
Default Thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
My sister from another mister! There has been one issue with her replacements, that she and I discussed several months ago. It seems that they don't fully take to already in the game NPC's and townies for some reason. Perhaps it's game mechanics of NPC/ townie SIMO files being are tied to the "factory" hair files.

Often, when going to a world where an NPC or townie has had the hair replaced, the textures are not right. All you need to do is enter CAS with that Sim, and all is fine. Then just exit CAS.

I have not talked to MaryJane about this lately, so don't know if she has changed anything since I installed her hair package. I've been working on a few replacements with mixed success. I think she has a new one that I haven't downloaded yet.

Also, I think this is the tutorial she used when making her replacements... https://carversims.tumblr.com/post/...ir-for-ts3-what

And this... https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=642637

I've seen this tutorials, i tried replacing one hair but, the hairs files (texture,specular,uv map) didn't match in number, and i couldn't know which was which so it ended up just messing with the base game hair texture, not the mesh. Well, i saw someone saying theres a easier way to do it, switching the instance number of the hairs, do you know how to do that?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deia Cupcake
I've seen this tutorials, i tried replacing one hair but, the hairs files (texture,specular,uv map) didn't match in number, and i couldn't know which was which so it ended up just messing with the base game hair texture, not the mesh. Well, i saw someone saying theres a easier way to do it, switching the instance number of the hairs, do you know how to do that?

I find that nothing is "easy". When you say "switching instance numbers", you mean to just change the CASP ID number? Because, that really does not work. I found that skins are very different, as the game is only looking for the IMG numbers and the img is basically all the information, but with CASParts, each item inside the package is linked to each other internally, with various ID numbers... and the game is still looking for those other numbers in the TGI blocks and VPXY, and probably other places.

Cloning with S3OC seems to carry all of the numbers, but when you change a mesh, it seems you run into issues with bones and morphs, as the BBLNs and BGEOs are not matched to that mesh... not to mention that many EA base packs use geom morphs, which CmarNYC is good at. I do not have the patience to go thru all of those numbers and morphs to match numbers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I find that nothing is "easy". When you say "switching instance numbers", you mean to just change the CASP ID number? Because, that really does not work. I found that skins are very different, as the game is only looking for the IMG numbers and the img is basically all the information, but with CASParts, each item inside the package is linked to each other internally, with various ID numbers... and the game is still looking for those other numbers in the TGI blocks and VPXY, and probably other places.

Cloning with S3OC seems to carry all of the numbers, but when you change a mesh, it seems you run into issues with bones and morphs, as the BBLNs and BGEOs are not matched to that mesh... not to mention that many EA base packs use geom morphs, which CmarNYC is good at. I do not have the patience to go thru all of those numbers and morphs to match numbers.

I get what you mean, it looks like a lot of ungratefull work. thank you. i'll try again sometime.