Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smooth Patch 2.1

by LazyDuchess Posted 31st Jul 2021 at 6:37 PM - Updated 31st Jan 2024 at 8:38 PM by LazyDuchess

504 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 351 Feedback Posts, 152 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 21
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:11 AM
OMG, my game runs soo much better with this installed. Just note though this is not the be-all and end-all for lag and other things would have to be applied, i.e. cleaning out save, resetting town, putting CC into CC Magic, etc.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:52 AM
Thanks for this patch you are a literal life saver Sims 3 forever!
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LazyDuchess
Thank you so much for the kind words everyone!

@smallg0at @djtechno95
Unfortunately it will not work on Mac, nope. This is a Windows binary that modifies a Windows specific function the game utilizes.

@TheSpaceCowboyO
Might be a one time bug? Never had that happen.

Yeah, It was a one time bug, I didn't think of trying again cuz brain dumb,
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 3:38 AM
Thank You!
Instructor
#30 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 5:17 AM
I'm not sure if this issue is Origin's fault, but for some reason, the patch forces EA Desktop to launch, which then causes a subsequent error because you can't run EA Desktop with Origin (And even then EA Desktop does not fully support Sims 3's EP/SPs) and causes the patch to refuse to launch.

Running as administrator seems to resolve it.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 8:53 AM
Love this! Congrats queen uWu <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 3:53 PM Last edited by Symbolism : 5th Aug 2021 at 11:42 AM.
Amazing work! It's like giving oil to good ol' mill. Thank you very much LazyDuchess !

Just a little question, maybe a dumb question but, do I need to reapply my Nvidia parameters such as the FPS limiter on this new launcher or not?

(Edit) Just playtested by myself. No need to reapply Nividia parameters. It uses the same ones :anime: (Origin User)

Thanks in advance :D
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 3:54 PM
I have a retail version of the base game and many of the expansion packs, but I'm running the 1.69 patch, which requires Origin. I'm guessing that means I use the Origin version?

Thanks so much for this! I love TS3, but I've been mostly playing TS1 -- yes ONE :-) -- because TS3 takes so long to load and save. I'm looking forward to playing TS3 again.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Theorist
THANKS POST
#34 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 4:50 PM
Thank you so, so much for your work on this patch. My game is on Steam and doesn't load very fast (too much CC for my laptop despite all the RAM) but yes, in game it is absolutely amazing....I love it. 5 stars.....
Test Subject
#35 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 4:59 PM
Default Need to restart PC if closing game and then trying to open again
Quote: Originally posted by CircusWolf
I'm not sure if this issue is Origin's fault, but for some reason, the patch forces EA Desktop to launch, which then causes a subsequent error because you can't run EA Desktop with Origin (And even then EA Desktop does not fully support Sims 3's EP/SPs) and causes the patch to refuse to launch.

Running as administrator seems to resolve it.

This was happening to me too, even after running as admin. I had to uninstall EA Desktop, (no loss really), to get the patch to run.

However, I have been running into another strange issue. I can run the patch, and run the game just fine, but if I exit the game, close Origin, (and confirm it's not running in the background), and then try to run the game again, (via the patchlauncher.exe), it will begin to load but never get past the black screen before the "EA" appears. I thought perhaps it needed time so I left it there for, like, an hour yesterday and nothing changed. If I restart my computer the patch will run as well as the game. I'm not sure what is causing this or why I need to restart my PC to get the patch to run but I thought I'd let you know. Other than that it's working great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 5:37 AM
So far, with this fix, I've been getting higher FPS, even when playing in a large custom world. However, I wonder what loading will be like when I get a system with dedicated graphics. On the other hand, the fix did shave off 15 minutes of loading.

Thanks again!
Test Subject
#37 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 1:48 PM
It's almost unbelievable how much difference this has made to the loading times when entering and leaving buy/build - and especially CAS, which I use constantly as I like to fix the genetic mutations that pass for townies. It's gone from 20+ seconds to less than 2. Astonishing!

I have my FPS capped at 30, so I've not noticed too much difference when world-bouncing; it was fairly smooth already.

There is just one downside though: this also appears to have fixed (touch wood) the extremely random crashes-to-desktop I was experiencing. Now I don't have the edge-of-my-seat enjoyment of wondering if I'll make it through a full Sim-day!
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 8:03 PM
Wonderful mod, thank you so much!

I was wondering, where does the debug notice show up? The one to let the user know the mod is enabled. I enabled it in the txt file and I can't find a notice in my game.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
Wonderful mod, thank you so much!

I was wondering, where does the debug notice show up? The one to let the user know the mod is enabled. I enabled it in the txt file and I can't find a notice in my game.

No problem!

A normal windows pop-up should show up as soon as the patch is working. If this is not happening then try adjusting the delay to 5000 or 1000, adding an exception to your Game/Bin from your antivirus or make sure you installed everything correctly
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 5:28 AM
Wow...What a difference. I have a custom built PC. I recently upgraded my CPU (due to work reasons) and was curious to see if it would help with TS3 and I didn't notice a difference. The game sat there collecting dust due to stress, my busy life, and just the lag honestly....

But low and behold you made this glorious mod and let me tell you.... my game runs like butter!!!! It's unbelievable. It's absolutely crazy that this mod makes this game run like it should, especially on a gaming rig. But yet EA couldn't even achieve this after what...? 8+ years.... it's pathetic lol. Granted, my game always ran relatively smooth but it was not as smooth as playing with this mod. The game was always lagging at random times and missing that "oomph." This mod just does it. My camera moves so smooth, the UI is smooth. Everything loads uber fast!!!! It's amazing because I brought an SSD just to run this game off of, and that did not help load times as much as your mod did. My load time is like 1-2 min now!!! CAS is uber fast. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this mod. I set my TPS to 900 just to be safe, but I'm gonna bump it to 1000 tomorrow and test it. I'm sure my PC can handle it but we'll see.

Thank you so much for making this. It literally came at just the right time with the things I'm dealing with in my life right now and just the world in general. TS3 is so dear to me but I stopped playing it because it just was a hassle to deal with, and TS4 never really entertained me so my mental health took a toll because I had no way to relieve my stress anymore.... but NOW I can actually play the sims again!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS MOD!!! Seriously.... I would give you compensation if you post your cashapp or something lol. You have no idea how happy this made me. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 6:01 AM
You're a legend! TY for this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 1:24 PM
This is incredible this is the future of SIMS 3, thank you VM!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 6:39 PM
This is one of the best mods to have come out like..ever!! It makes such a huge difference to my game. I play the Island Paradiso world and it can be pretty laggy because its so huge but its so much better now. Thank you so much, sincerely. This is a game changer!
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 12:53 AM
Hi! I love the idea of this mod, but unfortunately I can't get it to work! I have all the files where they need to be, but every time I go to launch the patched launch file, it forces the origin launcher to launch. I've tried quitting out of origin and launching the patched launcher as admin but it still wanted me to boot up origin. Any tips guys? I want to play so bad!!
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 3:01 AM
I feel like a dumb-dumb, I don't really know if the mod is working on my end. Bah.

I have the Origin version, installed the files into the TS3/Game/Bin folder, running the patcher exe as Admin, enabled Debug, set delay to 5000, and I'm still not getting a notification from Windows. Running Windows 10, and all I have installed are some NRAAS mods and I'm patched to the latest Origin TS3 release, if that helps any. The patcher waits for Origin (if it's not already open, it'll open it), opens the default TS3 launcher, then I hit the Play button and the game launches. Never get a notification/window anywhere with debug on. And the game doesn't seem to load/function any faster.

Any help is appreciated but I'm at the point where I think I'm a lost cause lmao!

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 4:37 PM
Thank you so much for this mod!!!! You are radical!
But for some reason while I was first using this mod everything ran smoothly on my end, but now it starts to crash on start/loadup. Prior to this, I did recieve an error on my end saying that the 1.67 launcher detected newer modifications that weren't compatible; I am unsure if this correlates to the smooth patch working or not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated since now that I've played with it, I can't see myself playing without it! :C
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 4:51 PM
I'd love this so much but I have a Mac
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 10:35 PM
Thank you so much for this i am an origin windows user and it works amazing!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YLIMDS
Thank you so much for this mod!!!! You are radical!
But for some reason while I was first using this mod everything ran smoothly on my end, but now it starts to crash on start/loadup. Prior to this, I did recieve an error on my end saying that the 1.67 launcher detected newer modifications that weren't compatible; I am unsure if this correlates to the smooth patch working or not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated since now that I've played with it, I can't see myself playing without it! :C

No problem!
Try increasing the Delay to about 1000 or 5000 in the TS3Patch.txt, that might help
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 1:00 AM
I have the limited edition Sims 3 plus Island Paradise and so I don't have a TS3/Game/Bin. I have files for Generations, Island Paradise, 70's 80's 90,s stuff and High End Loft stuff. Also I have Expiations that I got through Origin most latest into the future. Also running ver. 1.67. Any advice?
Page 2 of 21