Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smooth Patch 2.1

by LazyDuchess Posted 31st Jul 2021 at 6:37 PM - Updated 31st Jan 2024 at 8:38 PM by LazyDuchess

508 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 355 Feedback Posts, 152 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 21
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 6:30 PM
I played around with the delay and had the game not launch in that it closed at the beginning of launch. So, a bit freaked out, I took out my Game folder and played with the Bunches in Sunset Valley with no CC, no mods, no nothing except the patch. It played like butter! So now I'm very spoiled.
Anyway, I put things back and fixed the delay stuff and now I get all the effects (fast CAS, fast map view, snappy loading, fast UI responsiveness, fast max speed) except the game animations stutter like in a really old save that is unpatched and I get really slow texture rendering on the sims.
I checked and the patch is working. The save file is small and I really only played for about 2 sim weeks. I'm guessing this is something else? An older save in Riverview plays nicely with the patch but this one just doesn't. I fiddled a bit with lower (500) and higher (800) TPS but no change.
Is it possible that starting with an unmodded game, the patch is affected by a mod that wasn't there to begin with? I've got almost all of NRAAS, a bunch of script mods and quite a few tuning mods.
Test Subject
#77 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I played around with the delay...
... I've got almost all of NRAAS, a bunch of script mods and quite a few tuning mods.

Do you have NRAAS Relativity too? It does something with TPS iirc. In my game CAS is faster, Thumbnails and menus load faster too but I haven't seen much improvement in normal play. Nevertheless this is great mod. My thanks Duchess
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sapique
Do you have NRAAS Relativity too? It does something with TPS iirc. In my game CAS is faster, Thumbnails and menus load faster too but I haven't seen much improvement in normal play. Nevertheless this is great mod. My thanks Duchess

I do! But it didn't seem to affect the stutter/lag when I put the patch in AFTER the mods. In fact, it worked quite well.
This only happened when I added the mods after the patch was already in there.

I'll test it by taking out Relativity and see if that does anything. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#79 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 4:05 AM
Aside from the improvements this mod brings, I want to thank you for the borderless windowed feature. It's awesome!
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 12:09 PM
Hi,
First of all, amazing mod, i'm so looking forward to this.
Unfortunately, I was able to launch the game only once (and CAStyle was awesome), but for some reason I couldn't set my sims' lifespans, the plumbob was greyed out. So i left the game and tried restarting it, even restaarted my computer, but nothing happens. The launcher appears, i click play, Origin pops up and then.. nothing.
Any ideas? I tried setting the delay to 5000 but it didn't change anything

Thanks!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#81 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 7:14 PM
I downloaded this jewel thank you for your creativity Lazy Duchess I love your mods for both ts2 and ts3 games. I do not see any differences at the moment but I keep the faith. I am working on cas. I'll to see if I see any differences when I'll play. Please keep the work good anyways !
Test Subject
#82 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 12:23 AM
had this mod previously, and installed it from your tumblr, everything worked great! i notice there's an update on mts soi reinstalled the files. i launched the game and my windows defender said there's a threat that affected TS3Patch.asi is Win32/Wacapew.C!ml harmful as people say it is? didn't happen to me before this update i believe
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 1:03 AM
really love this. Thank you OP
Test Subject
#84 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 1:06 AM
I cant extract it from the zip file, it's detected as a virus
Test Subject
#85 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Andrew66523
Finally something for me, the only simmer on an AMD ever! Now i dont have to use a dodgy framelimiter.

I was on an AMD graphics card, but I got a new computer and it came with a GeForce.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 12:34 PM
I have an AMD graphics card, and I use the Smooth Patch too. So you're not alone.

Quote: Originally posted by Andrew66523
Finally something for me, the only simmer on an AMD ever! Now i dont have to use a dodgy framelimiter.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 1:49 PM
Thank you so much for this! My game is no longer a stuttery, laggy mess!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator THANKS POST
#88 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 3:19 PM
BIG thanks for this! Had some fun playing around with it actually! I don't think I've ever seen the loading screen load THIS smooth :p

Initially, I played the game with 3Booter and allll the things people recommend to speed up the game. Now, I do want to mention to others who, because they used 3Booter before using this, therefore also feel that they should enable the FPS limiter: If the game is laggy all of the sudden, make sure to set this parameter back to 0!

Thanks again for doing this! I know that part of CAS being slow and stuff is partially the way the code calls the thumbnails, but I hadn't thought it also had to do with, well, some performance problems that aren't exactly 'existent' on high-end PCs
Test Subject
#89 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 6:23 AM
Hi! im sorry but i cant download the patch? my computer detected a virus and i dont understand bc no one else seems to have this problem?
Edit: im so sorry for being so dumb, i was just scared it would mess my pc up bc google said it was this super serious super specific file in the folder so i reread you description sorry
Test Subject
#90 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 8:03 PM
You know it's gonna do miracles if it's an .asi script, or rather a .dll library hooking onto the game process itself. It would be amazing if we could inject some code that will improve I/O streaming as well, to make all thumbnails and textures load effectively, but already it's a significant improvement. I hope that this project will become for Sims 3 what SilentPatch became for GTA games.

Also, for anyone wondering. The reason this mod gets detected as a virus is because it's essentially a code injector. An .asi script is simply a .dll file, which contains code that alters the way a process that it's being hooked to behave. Therefore AV software might believe it's a malicious program simply due to the fact it alters how a different program work. That's what's' called a "false positive", where AV software detects a virus in a file that isn't in fact malicious. VirusTotal reports 6 detections out of 68 heuristic engines, where the more robust ones, such as Kaspersky, ESET, or BitDefender, didn't detect any malicious code. Therefore it's safe to say that the script is in fact not a virus and the detection is a false positive.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 2:20 AM
Thank you for this amazing mod. It's returning a virus error, and even though I turned off Windows Defender etc, it stil flags it and removes it before I can install. Any tips?
Test Subject
#92 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 8:45 AM
I seem to be having some trouble starting the game. When I open TS3PatchLauncher from the bin folder, the Sims 3 gamer launcher opens but I get a message saying that I need Origin in order to play the Sims 3. I installed the Origin version of the smooth patch. What am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#93 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sakurasprings
I seem to be having some trouble starting the game. When I open TS3PatchLauncher from the bin folder, the Sims 3 gamer launcher opens but I get a message saying that I need Origin in order to play the Sims 3. I installed the Origin version of the smooth patch. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe try with the Retail/Steam version?
Test Subject
#94 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 10:11 PM Last edited by Zimokufu : 23rd Aug 2021 at 11:49 PM.
most of my mods and nraas dont register with the (origin ver) patch, how do I get everything to load?
Test Subject
#95 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 9:17 PM
Default Same Origin Issue
Quote: Originally posted by 1024mb
Maybe try with the Retail/Steam version?

I'm having the same issue as sakurasprings, where the origin version says I need origin installed, even though it already is. No idea what is going wrong.
The Steam / Retail version does not work with origin's version.
Test Subject
#96 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 2:57 PM
Chrome is claiming that a virus is detected in the origin file so it won't download... made me super duper nervous.
Test Subject
#97 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 7:47 PM
SO, the patch deleted itself. I was installing Nraas mods, and after I wanted to start the game over the patch launcher again, it was gone. Either my PC hates me or I lived too long.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 12:47 PM
If anyone here wants to make this thing work on Linux, you need to install the vcredist libraries to the Proton prefix. I have installed both 2019 and 2013 (2015 didn't work for some reason). After that, using "winecfg", you need to add library overrides to "TS3W.exe", for the files "ddraw.dll" and "TS3Patch.asi". Make sure the overrides are set as "native, then builtin". I am so happy I got this patch working on the tux!

I made this work with the Steam version. Since Origin version is way more complicated than it needs to be, I have no idea how it will work there under Linux. Anyways, hope this helps to someone!
Test Subject
#99 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwiftySuit
Chrome is claiming that a virus is detected in the origin file so it won't download... made me super duper nervous.

I have the same problem with the origin version. When I try to unzip the download, windows defender detects a trojan and deletes the file.
Test Subject
#100 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DakariaSama
SO, the patch deleted itself. I was installing Nraas mods, and after I wanted to start the game over the patch launcher again, it was gone. Either my PC hates me or I lived too long.

Found out why, I need technical help. Win rar or my PC, I don't know what, doesn't let me move the files. Imma go think about death again, byeeeeee
Page 4 of 21