Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smooth Patch 2.1

by LazyDuchess Posted 31st Jul 2021 at 6:37 PM - Updated 31st Jan 2024 at 8:38 PM by LazyDuchess

504 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 351 Feedback Posts, 152 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 21
Test Subject
#151 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nybear
My Avast isn't letting me download this patch because it has Malware in it

It doesn't. As stated in the overview:
"This mod might get detected as a virus, as it modifies the game's executable memory at runtime in order to modify a hardcoded function. This means some antivirus software, including Windows Defender, might remove it or prevent it from running correctly. If this happens you should add an exception to your Sims 3/Game/Bin folder."

The mod's source code is available for view too if you're still concerned.

probably busy starting another project instead of finishing my last one
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#152 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 3:01 PM
The objects in buy/build mode spinning as they are is kinda adorable, reminds me of old 2000s racing games.

But thanks, I can actually use an adult woman in CAS without loadtimes lasting 5 years!
Test Subject
#153 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by computeteen5
When I use this the game becomes a base game (as in, no expansions or custom content are loaded). Any way around this?

Same thing happened to me, I changed the Delay value to 1000, and it worked fine after that. Still not entirely sure my mods are running, I may try to up that number if they aren't.
Test Subject
#154 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 7:22 AM
For whom that cannot download this files, try to turn off your fire wall when you download this.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#155 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 1:09 AM
I guess the update fixed the problem I was having even getting the launcher to launch. The new version launches just fine, at least when I launched the executable directly.

I've got to say, even if it doesn't improve my game play speed, the fact that I no longer have to wait 15 minutes at each launch step (launching the launcher, then launching the game, then loading the save) is a HUGE improvement. It took me under 10 minutes total to load my game save completely, and before this I was sometimes having to take up to an hour for all three steps. Of course, I'll have to see if all my mods loaded and how everything is working, but if all of that works, then I'm extremely grateful to you! Less time loading, more time playing!
Forum Resident
#156 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 5:59 PM
It worked for a while, now the game stops all the time, maybe the anti virus blocked it. I'll see if I can reinstall it in my next game session.
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magdalenepoet
I have an AMD graphics card, and I use the Smooth Patch too. So you're not alone.

Sweet, someone else to join the pain of TS and modding, everyone tells you to change a setting that either doesn't exist or doesn't work *cough* V-sync.

i used to make dumb mods when i was bored, next time i'm bored i'll make a new mod.
Test Subject
#158 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 2:50 AM
Hi, I have the origins version of the game and I've done all the troubleshooting including reinstalling the smooth patch and it still won't load? I turned on the debug notification and I've only had it tell me the patch is working once but it hasn't come up in a while. Any advice?
Test Subject
#159 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 4:51 PM
Default Update on origin version
I previously posted that I couldn't get the patch to work for Origins but I just had to make sure that when I edited the patch file that I did it before I moved it to my bin folder. Anytime that I adjusted the tps or any of the other settings while it was in my bin folder, the patch wouldn't load. Hopefully that helps anyone else with the issue. Thanks and good job with the patch!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#160 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 1:51 PM
All the "thank you" in the world wouldn't be enough! You're revolutionary!
Mad Poster
#161 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 1:37 PM
Tried it out. Although I don't seem to notice much of a difference after installing jt, apart from the stuttering (although wouldn't be surprised since I'm began straight with 1000 TPS configuration), I will say it did however did something in my favor in making speed 4 responsive and actually work than being slowed down. Heck, I think yesterday I didn't even struggle with having to wait for a Sim to change clothes immediately, which is another prominent issue. My rig isn't meant for games and I have four or so expansion packs installed.

In conclusion: worth trying this mod out for everyone when you can get hands. I will have to optimize the game manually to see more of the effect, as I started with a fresh install of the game and not equipped for TS3 computer so I ain't blaming the mod's author (did slightly expected to do a miracle like from the comments but whatever).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#162 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by computeteen5
When I use this the game becomes a base game (as in, no expansions or custom content are loaded). Any way around this?

this has happened to me as well - in the TS3 startup menu (where you click the play button) I have to re-select all my expansion and stuff packs. Hope that helped!
Forum Resident
#163 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 11:19 PM
When I first read about this I rolled my eyes and thought "yea that's definitely another vaporware snakeoil solution that advertizes to make your game run faster yada yada".

Then I tried it and oh boy! This is revolutionary!

Thanks!

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Test Subject
#164 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
When I first read about this I rolled my eyes and thought "yea that's definitely another vaporware snakeoil solution that advertizes to make your game run faster yada yada".

Then I tried it and oh boy! This is revolutionary!

Thanks!

Same, I was fully expecting a GraphicsRules.sgr mod at first lol

probably busy starting another project instead of finishing my last one
Test Subject
#165 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 4:27 AM
I have tried to launch the game through the patch launcher, but nothing happens... Am i doing something wrong?
Test Subject
#166 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dlarlQma
I have tried to launch the game through the patch launcher, but nothing happens... Am i doing something wrong?

Are you using the Origin version? The patch launcher is only intended for Origin users. If you're using the disc version or you're playing the game on Steam, try using the second download titled "ld_TS3Patch10.zip".

Ensure you unzipped your files to your Sims 3 / Game / Bin folder (NOT Mods / Packages). You may also need to create an exception for your antivirus in this folder; the mod works by altering executable memory at runtime to change the hardcoded ticks/second which increases speed and performance, but some malware essentially inversely use this function to reduce performance. Thus it's not uncommon for antivirus software to halt the patch.

Did you alter your TS3Patch.txt file? Ensure line 8 says "TPS = 500" (unless you are choosing to use a different value, but keep it at 500 if you're not sure what to use).

In the same TS3Patch.txt file, try changing "Debug = 0" to "Debug = 1". When you launch the game it'll notify you at startup if it patched successfully.

If none of the above solutions work, reinstall Visual C++ here. (microsoft.com link) then try changing "Delay = 0" to "Delay = 1000" on the line 20 (last line) of TS3Patch.txt. You can keep trying different values between 1000-5000 if you still have no luck.

Good luck!
Instructor
#167 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 2:15 AM
I tried this with my gaming laptop and timed it compared to a previous timed test without it and found it actually took twice as long to load. So much for miracles :/
Test Subject
#168 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 6:33 AM
Hi so i was trying to download this mod from your tumblr and from this site but it wont let me to download it because my computer said there is a virus please help me! is there a alternate ways ??
Field Researcher
#169 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viinchoi
Hi so i was trying to download this mod from your tumblr and from this site but it wont let me to download it because my computer said there is a virus please help me! is there a alternate ways ??

You need to add exceptions in your virus program.
I had to add exceptions to the download link and my downloads folder before I could get it to actually be downloaded.
Mind also, that you need to add exceptions to where ever you're planning to keep this afterwards, and to the sims3 install folder where this mod is made to work.
There is a note on it on the mod info page.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 22nd Nov 2021 at 1:34 PM Last edited by indefinite : 22nd Nov 2021 at 1:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by NerdyAthleticism
Are you using the Origin version? The patch launcher is only intended for Origin users. If you're using the disc version or you're playing the game on Steam, try using the second download titled "ld_TS3Patch10.zip".

Ensure you unzipped your files to your Sims 3 / Game / Bin folder (NOT Mods / Packages). You may also need to create an exception for your antivirus in this folder; the mod works by altering executable memory at runtime to change the hardcoded ticks/second which increases speed and performance, but some malware essentially inversely use this function to reduce performance. Thus it's not uncommon for antivirus software to halt the patch.

Did you alter your TS3Patch.txt file? Ensure line 8 says "TPS = 500" (unless you are choosing to use a different value, but keep it at 500 if you're not sure what to use).

In the same TS3Patch.txt file, try changing "Debug = 0" to "Debug = 1". When you launch the game it'll notify you at startup if it patched successfully.

If none of the above solutions work, reinstall Visual C++ here. (microsoft.com link) then try changing "Delay = 0" to "Delay = 1000" on the line 20 (last line) of TS3Patch.txt. You can keep trying different values between 1000-5000 if you still have no luck.

Good luck!

TS3Patch.asi file just won't appear in my bin despite I made an exception for my antivirus (I use AVG.. if that makes any difference). No error message or anything. It does say "Copying 1 file from ... to ..." but it just doesn't show up. I also have made sure that all hidden files are unhidden, so.. I'm so confused

edit: found out what was wrong! Since I was AVG, I checked my notifications: "We've moved TS3Patch.asi to your Quarantine". I opened said quarantine, clicked the 3 dots besides the file and clicked "Restore and add exception". Problem solved. So if you have the same problem as well, check your antivirus program.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#171 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 1:19 AM
Alright, I gotta pop in here and say that I can clearly tell the difference on just the first launch in the performance of the game (with at least 100GBs of CC compressed in CCMagic). It's smoother than butter in menus and screens that I know were lagfests before the mod install. The only thing that's a little disappointing is that it took us this long to have this amount of performance increase from a MOD and not the actual official game itself!

Absolutely fantastic work and one of the mods I'm keeping in a locked backup in case I have to do another reinstall down the line!
Test Subject
#172 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 8:38 PM
saying i need origin installed when i already do
Test Subject
#173 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerGeorge
I'm having problems running the game from the PatchLauncher. Origin opens up and then the launcher does as well but it comes with an error that the game needs origin to run and Origin cannot be detected, so the game can't start...

having this same issue
Field Researcher
#174 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 4:06 PM
I installed the update, and I had to remove it because it made my game crash. Has anyone else had this problem with the update?
Test Subject
#175 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 8:20 AM
Guys help me, i really can't find the "game" folder in the sims 3, i need to make it or..? please help
Page 7 of 21