Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#101 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 8:36 AM
Like this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#102 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 2:05 PM
Yay! Space Nymph! Haha that's awesome Noubie! Did you make that just for lil ol me!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#103 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
Did you make that just for lil ol me!

There is only one Space Nymph, yes.
Top Secret Researcher
#104 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:12 AM
You're fantastic that made my night!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#105 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:08 AM
I have learned that our poor dear excellent & most favorite Space Nymph is down with the flu! It has got into her stomach and she hurts everywhere & can barely even sip water and, just so you know it's serious, she is off coffee. I am so going to get a flu shot now, but I wish there were some way to spare Nymphet.
Scholar
#106 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:17 AM
Get better soon Nymp!

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Mad Poster
#107 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:07 PM
I second that, get better quickly and take care of yourself. Sending you warm thoughts.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#108 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:37 PM
I am squeeing since Fenton checked in on us and posted. It is not a loud, concert-goer variety of squee that wakes up others in the house. I have a kind of Inward Squee I enjoy. My little brother has noticed (and smirkily pointed out to me) certain outward signs: sitting with my toes closer together than my ankles, fiddling with my hair. But that's nothing to what goes on Inwardly.
Scholar
#109 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:28 AM
I usually check here at least once a day.

There's not a lot to comment on lately, most discussion is focused on TS4 right now, and while posting memes or drawing parallels between TS4 and LOTR is fun, it feels like going after the low-hanging fruit. So I'm content to read for the time being.

Scholar
#110 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:25 AM
Had an amusing little incident at work today (I work at a school as a handyman/tech guy) where we were looking for a kid after the morning break and found him by following his voice. He was standing in the middle of a playground yelling "FUCK EVERYONE, FUCK EVERYONE, FUCK EVERYONE" over and over. I swear, it's like every second person in this town is a tourette's stereotype.

On a different topic, I'm rather impressed that Noubie used the turn of phrase 'asshole shaming' in her comments on that Vent thread. We'll need to get you a leather jacket and cigarette at this rate honey!

Top Secret Researcher
#111 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:11 PM
I'm alive and back on coffee. Thanks everyone Stress played a part I'm sure. Waiting for public health and a building inspector to come in, as I'm taking the landlords to court. And I'm the only one dealing with all of it. We have no heat, i haven't had a kitchen sink for two weeks, doing dishes in the bath tub, and am generally in a bad situation. Got a new apartment though, and start moving in next week.
And I LOVED Noubies asshole shaming comments
Mad Poster
#112 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:09 PM
Yikes, Nymphie! glad you're moving soon. Who needs that kind of stress? I hate legal issues, I have such a hard time standing up for myself.

Too funny, Fenton, I guess the poor kid was having a very bad day? I feel for him. I'd love to stand in the middle of the hallway at the school I work at and scream, "Fuck you!" Sounds cathartic.

Thanks for referencing Noubie's asshole shaming post I missed it and it's quote-worthy. Well done, Noubie! I think I especially like the socks-with-sandals shaming term. I've met people like that (not socks with sandles, cuz I do, but the others who feel its some sort of weird sin) and have to wonder about them.

Top Secret Researcher
#113 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 12:33 AM
Being able to scream eff off in any public place without repercussion would be fantastic, I think. I'm guilty of calling people out in grocery stores. Why do you need to take up the entire aisle because you're right in the middle? How fair is that? I usually end up muttering words loud enough for them to hear
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#114 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 4:31 AM
So it's because I surprised Fenton by cussing -- not quite sure what came over me, but there it is -- and now it has come to this:
Quote: Originally posted by Fenton
We'll need to get you a leather jacket and cigarette at this rate honey!

No cigarette for me, thanks. But once I've saved up some money, maybe Nymphet can help me shop for something that projects the right image.

(Fenton, do you see how I was able to reply even after you used my pet name and called me 'honey' in the same line? Wasn't easy, I am experiencing so much Inward Squee right now.)
(There goes my brand-new tough image.)
(The jacket still might help, though.)
Top Secret Researcher
#115 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:12 AM
Leather and lace darlin. You can never go wrong with that combination. Need red lipstick too!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#116 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:41 AM
Thank you. You are one good-looking Nymp and have some credibility.

Here is my rendition of Fenton's frack-everybody boy from today. I used Miraj Alvi, because he is such an even-tempered little guy that it accentuates the weirdness.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#117 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 10:43 PM
We're a rather quiet group and Blake is so rarely here. Anyone know what she's up to?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#118 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:08 PM
School! I wrote to her & she said. Blake's school has been going on for a few weeks so the homework load is entirely ramped up. I am hoping she'll find a suitable rhythm that gives her time for fangirling, without having to choose between that and sleep.
Mad Poster
#119 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:47 PM
Thanks for the update, she's been so absent. Speaking of fangirling...where is our darling and what's he been up to?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#120 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 7:18 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 23rd Sep 2014 at 7:35 AM.
He sometimes goes a week. Of course it can be difficult for anyone who is enraptured.

I like to think that he, by waiting a proper interval, allows us an opportunity of perfecting ourselves. The thing is that I do not know, in any detail, what are the customary duties of fangirls within an excellent posse. Does fanfiction play some part in it? Yet Fenton is not a fictional character in the first place, so there's no canon that we can badly imitate. (It is true that I have composed some stories in my head involving him, but the good ones come when I'm lying in bed in the dark so I don't write them down.) Sometimes things are not quite clear to me.

EDIT: There is a body of canonical writing, in the sense of his MTS posts. Alas! Because I imagined that the "Find All Posts by..." facility would always be there, I neglected to make my own copies of his writings, and now I find that we can only retrieve back to January! I suppose I'd better get the ones I can get, and start memorizing.
Scholar
#121 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:27 PM
I'm on leave for the school holidays at the end of this week, so I may be more visible than usual for a couple of weeks.

Also if Miraj Alvi was blonde and his shirt was dark green instead of teal, that'd be a pretty close depiction of the F.E. Kid.

Top Secret Researcher
#122 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 3:49 AM
Good! Leave! Vacation? Now come to Canada for a week and help me move there's chili involved
Scholar
#123 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 6:43 AM
If not for that puddle between here and Canada known as the ocean, I would have already offered, Nymp.

So what exactly is "creepbook" anyway? Your FB account?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#124 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
If not for that puddle between here and Canada known as the ocean, I would have already offered, Nymp.
That ocean is way too big & something's going to have to be done about it. And even once you're in Canadian airspace, it's around another 4000km to Nymp's place. I'm not kidding, she's practically in Europe. Lookit:

Auckland --> St. John NB 14959 km

St. John --> Vancouver BC 4233
St. John --> Dublin, Ireland 4308

One way you could do would be to fly into Vancouver, then hike the rest of the way with a crazed Noubie hanging onto your leg & shouting "Mine! Mine!". (If you take that approach, you'd best start the hike well before winter. The Rockies get pretty cold -- I mean, not that everything else doesn't.)
Mad Poster
#125 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 10:41 AM
Changing topic, or rather bumping in for a sec: Fan fiction - yes! That has potential! I don't know enough of the Fentonparkninja philosophy/history to understand, however. r_deNoube, anything you put in would be great! Maybe we could all contribute? Maybe we could role play? We started with tea and tea is a great place to start. What if we start with another tea party? Could we set up something with an entry for each hour or time of day, as in a journal? Or we could all add our own dialogue/character events and actions (as ourselves) I've never done this, but it sounds like it could be fun.

Page 5 of 26