Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#28801 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
That's still a question that could have been answered if you'd just read the description of the mod you installed.

It was 10 years ago I downloaded the mod. Can't even remember where I got. But since you are so sensitive, next time I'll keep my inquistivism to myself.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#28802 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 1:32 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 27th Nov 2021 at 1:49 PM.
@Debby1957 Please don't go away! I think there are a lot of us now interested in this pregnancy, and would like to know how it ends. What happens if/when the pregnancy eventually comes to term. I think we'd also like to know more about this mod and how it works. Presumably, if we knew what it was called, we'd still be able to get it somewhere. I'm wondering if the pregnancy only advances when she's on a lot cleaning. If so, I wonder if it will come to term, and she'll give birth when visiting a random customer. And then, at the end of her shift, will she take the baby with her, or leave her customer literally holding the baby?

If you do have to make her playable to bring the pregnancy to its conclusion, I'd suggest getting another of her clients, who has a good relationship with her to invite her to move in. Once she's moved in, it's easy to to get her to use the paper or a computer to find her own place. But a Sim living on her own is not in a good place to have a baby, so, for her sake, it would be better if she stayed with her rescuer until after the birth. In our Veronaville, we are starting to set up a women's commune, where women in such a situation can support each other. In my game pregnant Sims get a lot of mollycoddling.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things go.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#28803 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 2:33 PM
@simmer22 How to create an MMAT file in an existing object mesh?
Mad Poster
#28804 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 3:06 PM
@Softlism
There's a couple tutorials here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379 (full tutorial on adding a subset/making it recolorable - you can use parts of the tutorial if you're only lacking a MMAT)
https://hugelunatic.com/adding-recorable-subsets/ (addon to the above tutorial, if the "tsDesignModeEnabled" line is missing from the file).

There's also a "how to fix it" if something isn't working after you've added a subset or MMAT, here:
https://hugelunatic.com/making-objects-recolorable/
Mad Poster
#28805 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 5:01 PM
Default Visiting Sim Vanishes when Lot Saved
This is worrying me a little. When Andrew and Julian came home from school, they (Julian to be precise) brought a new girl, Gill Cuthbert, home with them. Although technically she had come home with Julian, both boys sat chatting with her on the leather sofas in the entrance hall. After a while I saved and quit to the neighbourhood. When I returned, Gill had vanished, and Andrew and Julian had reset - they were sitting on air. When I unpaused the game they stood up where they were. I have seen this happen if I had made a visiting Sim made controllable at the time that I saved and quit, so I bought a teleporter, summoned Gill back, invited her to sit beside Julian on the sofa, and let them continue their conversation. Being quite certain this time that Gill was not controllable, after a couple of Sim minutes I saved and quit to the neighbourhood again. But when I reopened the lot, the same thing had happened again. Gill had vanished and the boys had reset. Yet again I summoned Gill with the teleporter picture. (It's behind her in the first picture below.) This time I got Julian to sit next to Andrew on the left hand sofa, and I briefly made Gill controllable to tell her to sit on the right hand sofa. I made absolutely that I made her uncontrollable again. So they were sitting chatting again. Thus:

Once again I saved the lot and quit to the neighbourhood. When reopened the lot, Gill was gone again, and the boys had reset again. Thus:

Andrew has moved forward a tile and is sitting on air. Julian has moved sideways and is sitting on a date gift vase of roses. I hope the roses don't have too many thorns!!

This time I decided that we'd have to move on. Gill was summoned back again but this time Julian said Goodbye to her and she left quietly. As soon as she left Jack Gill appeared as a walk-by, and the boys invited him in. Then Andrew went into the kitchen and began to prepare the turkey for the family's celebration of Thanksgiving (which I've described in Zarathustra's current thread). With Gill Cuthbert gone the rest of the day went without problem. Pity Gill missed the Thanksgiving meal.

I'm trying to treat it lightly, but I'm really a bit concerned about this. I cannot think what can be wrong with Gill. I made her along with her mother a couple of months ago. Currently she's in the Family Bin, which means she's technically a Playable, but she cannot be contacted by 'phone. She's actually one of the Sims that sometimes add to my game; I was in CAS just for the purpose of "rolling the pacifier", and, when she generated, I said to myself, "I like her. I'll keep her in my game." The idea was either to keep them as mother and daughter as townies, or possibly move them into an empty house somewhere. The trouble as I see it is, if she vanishes from her own lot like she vanished from 19 Chorus Court, then my 'hood could be in Queer Street, as I wouldn't know how to get her back. (Please no jokes about it being in Queer Street already with the number of gays living in it!) As things stand, the only thing I can think of is to move her into a lot -- probably one of my "Changing Huts", where new CAS Sims live for a few hours before becoming townies. I've backed up my neighbourhood, so, if she does vanish, I can restore from backup. Has anyone any idea what could be wrong with her? Or what I can do with her. I suppose I could kill her, but I honestly don't think I can bring myself to do it. It feels so wrong.

So any other ideas please?
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28806 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 5:18 PM
If you summon her to the lot, take a quick look at her aspiration and turn ons etc. See if she's lost something Maybe? I've sometimes had strange things happen if a teen sim still has the grow up aspiration, so maybe it's something similar (although Gill should have a perfect aspiration as you created her in CAS).
Mad Poster
#28807 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 6:08 PM
Thanks, simsample!
Her character all looks right. She's Romance. Turn-ons are Underwear and Swimwear. Turn-off is Vampirism. Her LTW is to become Mayor, but that's quite not unexpected in my game as I have an Any LTW with any Aspiration mod. She has a strong interest in politics, which goes with her LTW. Her star sign is Gemini, but I tweaked her personality to make her nicer:
Neat: 3
Outgoing: 6
Active: 7
Playful: 3
Nice: 6
As a Romance Sim with a very strong interest in politics, it's a pity she didn't get to talk to Garry (Gloria's husband) as he's a Romance Sim who is currently a State Assemblyperson. All told her personality seems ideal for fitting into life in Veronaville.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28808 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 6:20 PM
Next thing I would check then is to have a completely different family invite her to their home, see if the same thing happens. But backup first of course! Also you could try moving her family in to their own home, see if the same problems happen when she's not in the bin. When she visits a lot, out of curiosity check her turn ons again as I'm remembering a bug I found, so worth a check.
Theorist
#28809 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 9:57 PM
Is it normal behaviour when a offspring (teen) reacts when his parent is involved in a fight even if he dislikes said parent?
Mad Poster
#28810 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Is it normal behaviour when a offspring (teen) reacts when his parent is involved in a fight even if he dislikes said parent?

It is perfectly normal, but notice who he roots for.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#28811 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 11:27 PM
I summoned her to a different household -- actually a single adult Sim called Willie Worth, who like herself is out of the Family Bin. I summoned to the changing hut he was staying in, checked her personality for my last post. Then I stopped her being controllable. I checked that Willie Worth was the only one was controllable, saved the lot and quit to the neighbourhood. When I returned minutes later, Gill had vanished, just like she did with Andrew and Julian. I continued to play Willie Worth, who was destined to become a townie. After he had met and fed his Welcome Wagon, I summoned Gill back with the teleporter. I turned on Testing Cheats Enabled, and forced error on Gill a couple of times. It generated error logs but I haven't a clue how to read them. I can post them here if any one wants to read them though.

I decided to try buy Gill a mobile 'phone (cellphone), so she could still be contactable, even when she's in the Family Bin. So after hanging out with her for a while, Willie asked her to form a casual group with him, so they could go to the Strand Shops and buy her a phone. When the taxi came they got in, with Jolyon Jeffrey, a teenage boy from downtown Veronaville coming along too. I fully expected Gill to vanish when the game automatically saved for them to go to the community lot, so I was delighted to see her get out of the taxi there:
My next problem was that there was no machine for selling mobile 'phones there, as I built those shops (for the Monopoly Game Town contest) before I had University. Fortunately they had enough money to buy such a machine, so Gill got her cellphone. They ate hot dogs before they got a taxi home. Gill made it safely back to Willie's changing hut, but walked off when they arrived. Willie said Goodbye to Jolyon, and after cleaning up the hut a little, I made him into a townie and he cleared off. As you can see, I like to play even when I'm testing. I'll back up the 'hood again tonight, and tomorrow we'll try moving Gill and her mum into their own lot.

Thanks again simsample!
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#28812 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
It was 10 years ago I downloaded the mod. Can't even remember where I got. But since you are so sensitive, next time I'll keep my inquistivism to myself.

You shouldn't really have mods installed if you don't know where you got them or how they work. If you don't know anything about what's in your game, you won't know what problems it could cause or what other mods it will conflict with and thus won't know which mods you should not install. Unless the mod is very well-known, there's probably no one besides the creator who is going to be able to help you with it or tell you how it works, especially when you don't even mention that you're using a mod when you ask for help, and don't even know the name of the mod or the person who created it.
Mad Poster
#28813 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 7:40 AM
You shouldn't really have mods installed if you don't know where you got them or how they work. If you don't know anything about what's in your game, you won't know what problems it could cause or what other mods it will conflict with and thus won't know which mods you should not install. Unless the mod is very well-known, there's probably no one besides the creator who is going to be able to help you with it or tell you how it works, especially when you don't even mention that you're using a mod when you ask for help, and don't even know the name of the mod or the person who created it.

So, NOW, you going to tell me how to play my game? I have played this game for 10 years, with the same mods, with NO issues. It is the very same Hood I started with.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28814 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 9:07 AM
just a girl
#28815 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 11:07 AM
Anyone knows how to delete huge amounts of neighborhood trees faster? I think I heard about a hotkey that you press and move around the mouse to wipe them out, or something like that, but don't remember. Hitting "del" and clicking on each tree is not fast enough =(

+

I downloaded a gorgeous custom destination, but the gazillion of trees causes pink flashing after a couple of days of gameplay (for the first time in my life). My hand fell off from clicking and I only cleared a small corner.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28816 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 12:15 PM
I think it's the escape key and click @Lamare
Top Secret Researcher
#28817 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 12:41 PM
Otherwise hold down the delete key and they will be removed as soon as you click them, it goes faster. What does esc clicking do?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Top Secret Researcher
#28818 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 12:45 PM

I have hundreds of mods, how in the world would I remember all of them by heart? Many of them have descriptions next to them but many don't and that's ok, there's the HCDU and the 50/50 method in worst case, you don't need to remember where you got every single mod from ...

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28819 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
What does esc clicking do?

Deletes the trees as soon as you hover over them.
(I just checked and I did remember the key correctly, it's one of those things that you do in game all the time but when you have to tell someone how to do it, you can't remember! )
Top Secret Researcher
#28820 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

just a girl
#28821 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think it's the escape key and click @Lamare

Mad Poster
#28822 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@Debby1957 Please don't go away! I think there are a lot of us now interested in this pregnancy, and would like to know how it ends. What happens if/when the pregnancy eventually comes to term. I think we'd also like to know more about this mod and how it works. Presumably, if we knew what it was called, we'd still be able to get it somewhere. I'm wondering if the pregnancy only advances when she's on a lot cleaning. If so, I wonder if it will come to term, and she'll give birth when visiting a random customer. And then, at the end of her shift, will she take the baby with her, or leave her customer literally holding the baby?

If you do have to make her playable to bring the pregnancy to its conclusion, I'd suggest getting another of her clients, who has a good relationship with her to invite her to move in. Once she's moved in, it's easy to to get her to use the paper or a computer to find her own place. But a Sim living on her own is not in a good place to have a baby, so, for her sake, it would be better if she stayed with her rescuer until after the birth. In our Veronaville, we are starting to set up a women's commune, where women in such a situation can support each other. In my game pregnant Sims get a lot of mollycoddling.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things go.

I'm not going anywhere. I'm a single mother of 3 children. One of whom (my son) has Celebral Palsy, been transplanted, has seizures, has Diabetes, and so on and so on. Every time he has a hospital stay, some other medical issue is added to the list. My mind is consumed with the care of my son to make sure he survives and to make sure my 2 daughters know that they are just as important to me as their baby brother. Playing Sims 2 is my stress reliever. I just don't have time for someone who irritates me. I have enough stress in my life.

As for the maid, I'm waiting to see what happens to her. Doing this rotation, she shows up to all her client's home pregnant. I'm even curious if she waits to when I get back to the fathers' house before she has the baby. There is a back up plan, though. Another sims is very much in love with the maid. He may invite her to move in. But of course, after I see what happens.
Mad Poster
#28823 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 3:39 PM
Debby: sending you love and prayers.
And about those trees: boolprop displayNeighborhoodFlora false. Especially useful when the game (SO helpful!) creates forests --of CC road and trail pieces! and towering stacks of the Maxis Pond.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#28824 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Debby: sending you love and prayers.
And about those trees: boolprop displayNeighborhoodFlora false. Especially useful when the game (SO helpful!) creates forests --of CC road and trail pieces! and towering stacks of the Maxis Pond.

Thank you, grammapat. God is how we made it this far.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28825 Old 28th Nov 2021 at 3:55 PM
@Lili975

@Lamare

I usually end up deleting stuff I meant to keep! I don't think the undo works with that key combo.
Screenshots
Page 1153 of 1339