Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 9:30 PM
Default Story Progresses With Active Household?
Just not long ago I jumped back into TS3. Would anyone care to remind me how is it possible (I presume with Nraas this is only possible) to make so no other household progress, except the active one?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
you go into options and uncheck "story progression" in the "advanced demographics options" tab.

WHAT WE CAN PLAY AS TS2 WITH NRASS SP?? I AM DEAD !!!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 5:48 PM Last edited by igazor : 13th Nov 2021 at 7:32 PM.
This has nothing to do with progression directly, but there is a third alternative for TS2-style aging. If the player does not wish to have the overhead or learning curve of NRaas SP or all the features of AwesomeMod thrown in, then Buzzler's Aging Manager can be used instead.

The thing about the TS2 style of play though, as I understand it anyway, is that households that are not being played are frozen in time and would be right where you left them when you returned. TS3 doesn't work like that. With or without progression, inactive households will still go to work/school, go about their lives in general, and move about the open world doing stuff, which means along the way their relationships with other sims may change, they may end up learning something new in the player's absence, etc. It's just that without story progression, there would be no force making them move their lives forwards (or backwards) in meaningful and somewhat orderly ways and they won't set out to have and raise families on purpose.

Also, it is widely known that without a modded version of story progression in play (ours or Awesome's), the game will "do things" that are unwanted to inactive households while gameplay is elsewhere, such as remove them from the game entirely as an example. The player has no control over these processes without a story progression mod of some kind.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 7:00 PM
@nitromon : Hello, thank you for the answer. Aww okay I was chocked to know this , I am not exploiting fully the Nrass mods I got . I know how much Nrass is good at modding and sometimes it could be so useful to block the progression of everybody especially when you take photographs of your sims or if you want to upgrade a house of your others families. Even though I myself love the SP in this game in particular.
You are right @Igazor (Hello !!) I noticed this as well when I turned both SP progression on, the sims continue to live their lifes and dramas still happen in town , you see them going to school , to work etc.