Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lazy Gardener’s Delight – 32 remixed Maxis plants * Update 2008-05-11: OfB users, please redownload!

by plasticbox Posted 10th May 2009 at 10:53 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2010 at 10:24 AM by plasticbox

83 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Alchemist
#26 Old 11th May 2009 at 3:23 AM
Thank you forever Plasticbox, you saved me from endless lurking all over the net trying to find more plants! I really love the idea of reworking the maxis textures plants and mix and match flowers or pots, the final result of your hard work is a huge lovely and useful set, some of them look totally different and, without doubt, more appealing then the original. Thanks and ciao
Mad Poster
#27 Old 11th May 2009 at 3:33 AM
Wow, what a great set ! This is so funny and gorgeous all together ! Thank you so much for having done these and for sharing them with us
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th May 2009 at 3:43 AM
Very nice work! Thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 11th May 2009 at 3:53 AM
I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!
Thank you PB :D

My Chemical Ravenance*
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 11th May 2009 at 4:03 AM
Amazing set! Thank you so much!
Instructor
#31 Old 11th May 2009 at 4:13 AM
Simply amazing! I'm so happy someone thought of doing something with maxis plants... They're nice but they needed more variety. This will be great to use in my Sims' homes. Thank you for sharing!
Forum Resident
#32 Old 11th May 2009 at 4:23 AM
WOW!! What a great set! Thanks so much for sharing all your hard work with the rest of the community, PB. You rock!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 11th May 2009 at 4:33 AM
This really is a great set! The only thing I was remotely disappointed with is that they can't be used on OFB shelves. Regardless of that, however, I am delighted to have them in game. Thank you!
Theorist
#34 Old 11th May 2009 at 4:43 AM
Amazing! Thank you! :D

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 11th May 2009 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolldrms1
The only thing I was remotely disappointed with is that they can't be used on OFB shelves.
Thanks for the heads-up! I wasn't aware that they can be made placeable without losing backwards compatibility – turns out they can, and I've just fixed and reuploaded them. OfB users, please redownload. You may or may not need to re-buy the objects to make them understand that they're now placeable, I didn't test that.

See the attached screenshot for how they will be placed; note that the small watering can may look weird when shelved because it does not sit in the middle of a tile. You may need to rotate it to make it end up on the shelf, rather than in mid-air next to it.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#36 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:03 AM
Very cool! I especially love the plates underneath the pots - so realistic! Thanks.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:13 AM
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for redoing these to work with the OFB shelves! I was delighted when I saw the change and redownloaded immediately. They work perfectly and you took such care with the sizing for shelf placement. You took what was already a great set and made it perfect, imho, and I really appreciate it!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:23 AM
Yay for choices! Now not all my houses will have the same damn houseplants... whee!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:33 AM
I am going to abuse this set so badly! I will finally be able to add some variety to my flower shops, the game objects are feeling really stale now that I have five flower shops in my main neighborhood. This is a must have.

boolprop iqtestingenabled true
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:43 AM
Awesome!

I am so happy that we have you Plasticbox!

Thanks in a million!
Instructor
#41 Old 11th May 2009 at 5:53 AM
These are wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing them with all of us!
SkyeHugs

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:03 AM
You are the bomb.

That is all.
Inventor
#43 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:13 AM
These are amazing, I'm always looking for new plants, and there's so much varity here. And lots of different sizes, plus maxis matching W00t!!!

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Field Researcher
#44 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:23 AM
This is a great set! Yay, for Maxis textures and variation Thank you!

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Scholar
#45 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:33 AM
Plasticbox, I really love these!! This is perfect for plant crazy peoples :D

But one note, I notice I cant place these on dinner tables as a centerpiece, even the really small ones. I was hoping it can be placed as a centerpiece so sims can eat on the table as well. Do you think you can fix this?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:43 AM
Gah. Is there anything about this Maxis stuff that is NOT broken?

Thanks for the info, I cloned this from the cheap flower vase that I thought works .. turns out it doesn't, but I had LordDarcy's fix in so I didn't notice. I'll fix them soonishly. This will require some testing so it won't be a quick fix like the OfB issue; I hope I can also include better bounding meshes for some of the plants while I'm at it.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th May 2009 at 6:53 AM
Just what I have been needing! Thanks so much
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#48 Old 11th May 2009 at 7:03 AM
I will send you flowers everyday for eternity. Thank you so much for this.

(Lee Plays the Hallelujah Chorus)

only one thanks button???????

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
#49 Old 11th May 2009 at 7:13 AM
These are just great, thank you!!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#50 Old 11th May 2009 at 7:23 AM
If I could hit the thanks button a hundred times, I would! I love this set!! My Sims' houses are going to be invaded by plants now, that's for sure.
Page 2 of 4