Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#51 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 8:04 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 24th Feb 2010 at 8:33 PM.
Great! i'm looking forward to see that!

Yes we use WA and the free store content but we don't use HELS.

Edit: the rules for what content we can use are also on the first post. I try to keep there all the really important information and pictures
Advertisement
Wiki Wizard
#52 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 8:48 PM
Ok thanks, well hopefully i will do the antiques centre by this weekend

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#53 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:02 PM
That would be awesome but take the the time you'll need

Just as an update, here is the recent changes I made to the coffee shop when I got frustrated with my city hall:

And here is the draft of the city hall. There's still a lot to do, it's an empty shell, I can't have some windows I'd like to put on top in the roof, it needs a huge landscaping and I've got a tree stuck that I can't seem to remove :

Wiki Wizard
#54 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:10 PM
It looks great!!! very close to the picture, cannot wait to see you complete it! Also that tree is like permanently stuck there, i did that once, if it is places partly outside the lot whilst moveobject is on then you cannot pick it up again! However, i think you can use the sledgehammer tool and drag it across to delete the tree, not sure if that worked or not though :/

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#55 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:17 PM
Thank you

Well I tried the drag tool but I just erased everything but the tree I'm going to try to place it on another lot otherwise I'm going to have to go back. Not too far, I hope...

Edit: It worked! Good to know.
#56 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 9:48 PM
Hey everyone, I just got home and was away from my game and the site. I did work on the Swordfish Bar and Grill, though, and I love what you all have done so far. Sleepyrose's house is beautiful! If I were a sim I'd love to live in it. The colors are very warm and inviting. And your City Hall's gonna be great, Lana. I'm sorry about your stuck tree, though. DD, I'm looking forward to seeing your lots.

Thanks for the feedback, SimGirlTasia. I sure hope Talula likes it too. Here are recent pics of the Swordfish:

Lab Assistant
#57 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 10:33 PM
Was able to peak in for a bit, going to put in some input. Do you know for the first building you did Lana? The pond area in the front, perhaps do some terraining there instead of just the green grass that is default. It would look cool if it was stone paint or pond paint (=

IMO, the coral I'm not fond of. Perhaps if it was white, a crisp fresh feeling perhaps? Blue, beige? But thats just my opinion. So far the town hall looks great, and can't wait for it to be completely finished (= It would be cool if we could put a clock up there, like one of those clocks at GoS.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#58 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litt0_lia
Was able to peak in for a bit, going to put in some input. Do you know for the first building you did Lana? The pond area in the front, perhaps do some terraining there instead of just the green grass that is default. It would look cool if it was stone paint or pond paint (=

I knew I forgot something Thanks for the feedback lia.

To tell you the truth I'm not that fond of that kind of color either I was just trying to force myself to use it to match our very bright colors theme. White is not warm enough but I'll try something different As for the clock, well, we'll have to see. It sure would look better with it so maybe, depending on the list of cc we'll end up having.

Thanks Charming and Tasia Don't worry I got rid of that awful tree. So you entirely got rid of all the stairs? I kind of liked the one that went to the 2nd floor. I've got an idea (I'm going to try to be clear):
- When you're looking at your Terrace of the backside, extend it a little bit to the right.
- now, put a stair from your terrace to the 2nd floor.
- then look at the front-side and make your left stair going up by the side instead of the front.
It should look nice but I can't give you a 100% guarantee, sorry You should also decorate the balconies, put some tables etc,... Have you already decorated the 2nd floor?
#59 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 11:30 PM
Okay, I think I get your drift, Lana. It's actually kinda sucky right now cause there's no way for sims to get to the second floor...lol. So yeah, I'll have the second floor staircase land on the backside terrace and the side steps turned the other way.

I'll post pictures in a bit. See you soon!
#60 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 1:11 AM
I'm back. I added potted plants to the balconies and 2 chess tables in the back. The upstairs has an office (for the owner) and a bed for sims to woohoo...lol. Should I get rid of it?

Field Researcher
#61 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 1:32 AM
Lana: Glad you got rid of that awful tree it looks great and i can't wait to see it when its done. Like Lia said a clock tower would be cool.

Charming: That is so great i love it. it looks like it will be a hit in any town i would go there if i was a sim. I like the bed idea Hey drunk sims have needs too

Deluxe: I can't wait to see your lots your a great builder and i love all your house i have some of my fave in game that i can't seem to part with

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
#62 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 1:40 AM
Thanks, SimGirlTasia. I guess I can keep the bed then.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#63 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 2:15 AM
Ohhh! I'm loving it now and the landscaping already looks really good! I don't think the boss will love the idea of every drunk using his bed but yes keep it, players will probably dig the idea .

I'm just going to have to tell you about details:

- maybe add some tables, if they have a lot of costumers it's going to be hard to eat there.
- Can we customize the bowes? They look a little out of place because of the colour, some old/dark wood will probably look better.
- I was thinking that you probably need to add a direct access from the back to the sea since sims will have to go all the way around to do so, players would probably won't like the time lost doing that.
- The bookcase in the office looks a bit too modern IMO.
- Some terrain paint? And add some hills, give us a little bit of volume!

Thanks Tasia It should be finished tomorrow if my game decides to be nice for a while

Edit: oh! And a bark !
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#64 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 3:11 AM
Here is a little update on the city hall:

I'm hoping you'll like it already I don't think I'm gonna do more rooms since it's a rabbit hole and the more you add the more it can make lags. I think I did everything we usually use in a city hall but if you think I should add more, tell me. There's still a lot of little things to change but if you see something that I could improve, some feedback could be useful.
#65 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 1:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Lana. I'm glad you like the landscaping. I struggled with it since it isn't something I'm very good at, but at least it turned out alright. I could open a part of the back terrace and add steps facing the sea. What changes should I make with the landscape, though? Cause I figured since it's on the beach, sand would be enough. And what are bowes?

It's nice to finally see the rest of your City Hall. I like the statue and the opening you made in the second pic looks really good. I have yet to figure out how that's done. You could probably use a lighter roof, though. You know the other orange shingled roof? That might look better with the beige and stone exterior.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 3:52 PM
Thanks fot the kind comments, guys!
CharmingFirewaller, you've done a great job on the bar. I love the warm interior! Personally, I like the idea of having a bed and office upstairs, because in most European countries people that own the bar also live upstairs. Maybe it could be inculded in the story? I know that we can't have a sim living there, but maybe we could pretend that a sim owns the building.

Lana, that city hall looks awesome! I really hope it's possible to put a clock in it.

Well, I'm going to get started on Christal Summers' home and keep you up to date with the progress.
Wiki Wizard
#67 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 4:35 PM
Oooh it looks so good! I think you need some sort of windows on those upper dormers is possible and something on the tower above that, like either windows of a clock or something similar

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#68 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 4:47 PM
Thank you, sleepyrose! I like your idea of turning this into a story and I'm sure Charmin will be delighted to oblige I'm really looking forward to see Cristal's house (it's Nadia house BTW since we changed the names, i've got to correct it).

Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
What changes should I make with the landscape, though? Cause I figured since it's on the beach, sand would be enough. And what are bowes?

It's nice to finally see the rest of your City Hall. I like the statue and the opening you made in the second pic looks really good. I have yet to figure out how that's done. You could probably use a lighter roof, though. You know the other orange shingled roof? That might look better with the beige and stone exterior.

Oopsie... I meant boxes . Thanks for the feedback, I'll post the changes soon. I see only little things that could improve the landscaping since it's already great like some terrain paint where the plants are, and some little dunes, I'll try to find some pictures to show you how it is. It's not a big sand hill. But as always, just an idea that you don't have to follow, I can have some weird crazy ideas sometimes

Edit: Thanks DD I can't put windows on the dormer they are too high so I'll probably need some low windows... and I'm thinking of putting a clock too but it's going to be already 2 CC... I'm starting badly :P
Forum Resident
#69 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 5:01 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble finding a lot that's 15x25 or 10x25. Since we don't have a map ready yet, I'll have to build something on the Sunset Valley, Riverview, or one of the world maps. The smallest lot I could find is the one where Hogan's Deep Fried is in Riverview, but it's still 18x24. Shang Simla has some camp grounds that are 12x12.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#70 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 5:07 PM
Do you mind having custom worlds? If not I could look if they have this size of lots.
#71 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 5:09 PM
Thanks, Sleepyrose. I was thinking the same thing and would love for one of the characters to own the Swordfish. It could be Talula's boss or something. We'll discuss it in the other threads.

And oh, Lana, the boxes...lol. I do wish I could recolor them but most of the Riverview objects don't have that feature. I could get the art studio object and recolor that as a box, though. And I appreciate the constructive criticism. Look how good the bar has gotten with your help.

I haven't made any changes since I last posted but I'll share pictures with you all soon.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 5:16 PM
No, I wouldn't mind downloading a custom world. Building on larger lots might end up being a bigger problem.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#73 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 5:38 PM
I think I found something that could work. You would need to download castaway cove:

http://simscrossing.net/index.php?board=429.0

They have a lot by the sea but almost without beach (101 Beachcomber Bay) that is 25x12 and might work. Tell me if you think it won't and i'll try something else.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 6:18 PM
Lana, that spot will be perfect. Thanks very much!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#75 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 6:39 PM
I'm glad it worked out

Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
And oh, Lana, the boxes...lol. I do wish I could recolor them but most of the Riverview objects don't have that feature. I could get the art studio object and recolor that as a box, though. And I appreciate the constructive criticism. Look how good the bar has gotten with your help.

I haven't made any changes since I last posted but I'll share pictures with you all soon.

You're welcome I know I can be demanding (even on myself) but it's because I know we're all capable of doing great things and I'd like us to do a great world. Good idea, try and see if the art studio objects work, but don't worry if it doesn't, it looks fine with boxes as they are. Here are the little dune thingy:

Looking forward to the pictures

And finally my update on my city hall and a plan view so that you can have a better idea of it:

I still need to improve, the second hall is too empty, the clock is too small so I'll probably have to make one and same for the windows...

Page 3 of 51