Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#101 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:02 PM
The relic register is in community objects, misc objects. It make one townie become a relic salesman (it's a WA object). I thought it could be appropriate for this lot.

The antique you built will definitely be in the outskirts, and I imagined more the bookstore like you said, a small lot overlooking a plaza. A map would be really great indeed. If I was a good drawer, I would have done it but it would be helpless due to my lack of skill in that area . I'll try to see with beaver so that we could have a basic plan shape of our town asap. as for now, I tried to work with x25 lots for the town center so that they would fit with each other.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#102 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:04 PM
DD, your antiques shop looks stunning! I fell in love with it

Right now I have the basics of Tallulah's house. It still needs decorating and recoloring. What I had in mind for her house, is to make it look a bit like an art studio. There's also an extra room. So technically she can have a room-mate.

Let me know what you think.

Wiki Wizard
#103 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:13 PM
I think the outside could do with a little work, the front columns are very simple, maybe add a bit of detail on each side by having a bay window on both sides on the group floor, so a top down view would look like this:
__ __
| |_| |
| |
| _ |
| | | |
\_/ \_/

Does that make ANY sense?

EDIT: also you should lower the roof height, i think that will make a big difference it is looking really nice though, love how you are working the interior!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Wiki Wizard
#104 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:14 PM
ah, it came out all mucked up rubbish lol! also Lana i'll work with 25 by 25 lots too for now then so when it comes together it is mroe likely to work

#105 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:14 PM Last edited by CharmingFirewaller : 26th Feb 2010 at 9:40 PM.
I quite like it so far, Sleepyrose. I think the exterior fits the theme we're going for and since you mentioned trying to make it a bit like an art studio, perhaps she could be Crystal (Nadia?) Summers's roommate? Cause Crystal/Nadia enjoys painting and I think it might be reasonable for storyline purposes.

EDIT: So sorry, I just found out in the Inhabitants thread that it's Anita who enjoys painting. Perhaps we could make Anita and Talula roommates.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#106 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deluxe Designs
ah, it came out all mucked up rubbish lol! also Lana i'll work with 25 by 25 lots too for now then so when it comes together it is mroe likely to work

Actually community lots so far are 20x25 and plazas are going to be 25x25. The sizes are written on the 1st post. I'll comment the rest later, didn't wanted DD to start working on the wrong sizes .
Wiki Wizard
#107 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:19 PM
what is a plaza? sorry i'm brittish, we say different things XD also, my community lot antique shop was 20x30, is that alright?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#108 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:19 PM
A plaza is a square in italian, at least that's how we use this word in France It's not an issue for your lot since the outskirts are probably going to work differently. Since you did the first outskirt building we'll do it according to your measures to make it fit.
Wiki Wizard
#109 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:26 PM
Haha ok thanks And i get it now, so why are community lots smaller? surely they should be part of the plaza?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#110 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:29 PM
Good point Maybe the plazas could be 40x40 to allow us to fit 2 community on each side.

Sleepyrose, the basic interior layout is looking already nice. I like the art studio idea The outside needs more work, you should follow DD ideas, add some shop awnings in the lower level, add some deco to the balconies and since nadia's going to be talula's roomies you could check their profile for some decorating inspiration maybe?
Wiki Wizard
#111 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:34 PM
I don't understand what you mean anymore Lana XD maybe you could make a quick sort of building to indicate how you mean

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#112 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:36 PM
Alright

So my city hall is large by 20 and long by 25 and so is my library so if we put both side by side it give us a 40. Better? If it still doesn't make sense well I must be wrong somewhere... have I told you of my excellent math skills ?
Forum Resident
#113 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:39 PM
Thanks Delux! I agree with you and wasn't sure about the windows myself. I first had bay windows in, but it's so expensive and I'm not sure Chrystal/Tallulah/Nadia, or whomever, would be able to afford bay windows, lol!

Charming, that's excactly how I got the idea, when I saw that Nadia likes painting. And then I read that Nadia was going to be Tallulah, so I put is a couple of bookcases, because she likes reading, right?

Anyway, I'm going to watch Dexter and then continue.
Wiki Wizard
#114 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:48 PM
Ah i get you now lana also sleepyrose, i think it would be worth putting them in to spruce it up a bit, and to add something to the lower part of the house it also needs a few shrubs and trees out the front

EDIT: I'm also thinking i might redo the antiques centre completely, i am not happy with how it turned out overall on the outside, i really like the inside, but the outside is working for me, i will try and make a few more plaza like lots and see how that goes

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#115 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:53 PM
Cool I quickly made a little plan to make it clearer, still posting it just in case anyone still don't picture how it works:

If you think it would help I could try to make all the town like that.
Wiki Wizard
#116 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:59 PM
How about i draw up a town map, i am not terrible at drawing so i can try to put pencil to paper and draw a map and town plan, that way we have something to work towards as well as having a plan for our map i will try to make it as relevant to italien theme as possible i will do it tomorrow probably

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#117 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 9:59 PM
That would be great! If you need you could always see how they did it with France, it's not going to be exactly like that as I said but it's already giving a good inspiration.
#118 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
Thanks Delux! I agree with you and wasn't sure about the windows myself. I first had bay windows in, but it's so expensive and I'm not sure Chrystal/Tallulah/Nadia, or whomever, would be able to afford bay windows, lol!

Charming, that's excactly how I got the idea, when I saw that Nadia likes painting. And then I read that Nadia was going to be Tallulah, so I put is a couple of bookcases, because she likes reading, right?

Anyway, I'm going to watch Dexter and then continue.

I'm sorry, I just wanted to clarify that it's Anita who likes painting. Nadia does like books but SimGirTasia created a husband for her so I was thinking of making Anita and Talula roommates instead.

Talula is still Talula and Nadia was previously Abbey. Anita used to be Crystal.

LOL...see, now even I'm confused. Perhaps SimGirlTasia could tell us who's who?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#119 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 11:39 PM
Sorry for not giving you a better feedback earlier, sleepyrose, my head was not working properly. Tell me if you need more or would need anything else

Charming, how is your landscaping going? I saw this that might help, give you some ideas :
http://thesimsupply.com/showthread.php?tid=293
#120 Old 26th Feb 2010 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst
Sorry for not giving you a better feedback earlier, sleepyrose, my head was not working properly. Tell me if you need more or would need anything else

Charming, how is your landscaping going? I saw this that might help, give you some ideas :
http://thesimsupply.com/showthread.php?tid=293

Thanks for the link, Lana. I haven't had the chance to make changes in game yet as I've been working on bios for SimGirlTasia's characters but I'll get more landscaping done soon.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 12:50 AM
Something else that would be cool, would be a lane of row houses instead of some houses just willy nilly everywhere. I'm not sure if it's possible since walls and foundation can't go to the very edge of the lot, but we could always try. It could be something like this, its my desktop (=

And excuse me if we've already chatted about this.

EDIT:
Ah yes, I've found some houses I'm very fond of and thought I might just link you to them.

First

Second

Third
Screenshots
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#122 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 1:59 AM
The row houses would be very adequate for our town but unfortunately I see no way of doing it, since as you said we can't build on the edges of the lot. But we can and we are already doing it, build until the extreme limit available to make them look very close to each other.

The houses in the links are indeed really pretty however they are all located in Corrèze that is in the center of France and so, not really Mediterranean. They have more a rural/country feeling.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 2:59 AM
Correze? I didn't know where that was, but I really like the way the houses were built. Could they look more mediterannean if the brick color were to change?

But I don't mind, just thought I would share them because I really enjoy the look. (=
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#124 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 3:21 AM
Well, we could adapt them, sure. But that's not the kind of houses we will need the most. They look like isolated houses, farms (especially the last two) and we will have only a few of that type and no real farm. We'll see that but I can't promise you anything.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 4:07 AM
Okay, glad to here there is a slight possibility. Because I was really hoping the first one could be Predita's house, the second or third one would be Crazy Aunt's house and Marietta's house.

Page 5 of 51