Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#126 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 4:09 AM
We'll see about that, if there's a logical way why not

Here are some quickshot I too from the plaza that is as you'll see not finished, but just to know if that's gonna be ok and I can keep going or need scratch.

Edit: There's 2 cc, the fish and vegetables, but I didn't knew how to do it otherwise.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 4:25 AM
I like those, I don't mind the CC that much. I wish sims 3 had the grocery store like sims 2 did ;P AND WAIT! Is that my tree? Can I have a more giant tree? Nahh, I'm just kidding =D

And I was wondering, instead of the entire plaza to be one stone pattern...could we add different types of stone? So Let's say, the fountain area or the market area were to have some sort of separation(like the fencing you're using), therefore we could utilize a different stone pattern. But, since it's the plaza and community lots will be surrounding it, we won't have to change the outer parts of it. Also, Lana you might not even have to take this into consideration, because it might just be the aerial view that's making me think that way. And will you be adding a patio area?

Anyways, even without those things...I still think the plaza looks great. More like amazing (=
Wiki Wizard
#128 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 8:24 AM Last edited by Deluxe Designs : 27th Feb 2010 at 9:12 AM.
Oooh i like it! So is that 25x25? I am going to draw the plan today, but it shall have to be on paint because it turns out i can't scan pictures into this machine

EDIT: i have created a map, i am not sure how the buildings we have made so far are going to fit into it, and a few of them may need to be scrapped, but hopefully not

EDIT EDIT: Lana, maybe that market square you're working on, could be scaled down to fit in the small orange cobbled markets i labeled up in my map, it would be a small space but it only needs stands and some stuff to make it look fitting, like we wouldn't fit/find a gazebe in the middle of a town square XD

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#129 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 5:40 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 27th Feb 2010 at 6:40 PM.
Thanks for the feedback In fact it's a 40x40 and I'm kind of relieved to make it smaller. You have to find things to put in such a huge lot (hence the gazebo) I was doing the parks to get an idea of what community objects and patterns we would have to all use to have a similar style like you said in the world thread and update my list.

Do you think it would be best to make 2 market area or a market area and a community park area? The school will definitely need a child park besides it. And what about a community garden?

Lia, don't worry we will have your tree somewhere :D

Edit 2 : nope, don't need a kid park besides, more of a schoolyard within the school with some kind of court would be definitely more typical. And some kind of little soccer field for the local team somewhere in town would be even more realistic.
Forum Resident
#130 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 8:54 PM
Lana, the plaza looks fabulous! I really like the fish & vegetable stands too. That's cc I think people wouldn't mind downloading.
I wouldn't love to see a community garden. Something like a rose, or botanical garden. Maybe with a gazebo, where sims could drink cofee, or nectar.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#131 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 9:00 PM
Thank you

I was thinking of a wine gazebo next to the pizzeria with wine tasting could be nice. A rose or botanical garden sounds better you're right.
#132 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 12:52 AM
Your plaza looks great, Lana. It would be perfect for town gatherings and I love that you added different stalls. Perhaps the locals could host weekly seafood sales or something. I agree with Lia, more stone patterns would be nice.

And ooh, can we pretend that the gazebo is where Raul proposed to Cecilia? It's just so romantic with all the candles and the flowers.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#133 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 1:43 AM
Thanks! That would be a good idea except that according to the plan, the plazas are 10x10 so I'll have to dump this lot. Actually, I checked what we could do with 10x10 and we'll probably have to take bigger sizes anyway. Here is an attempt on a 10x10 lot:

I stopped when I realized that there was no way to add the stands. And even without the extra height thing, there's no way to put more than 4 stands, and nothing else.
Wiki Wizard
#134 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 9:41 AM
Just have a ground floor market, i will post an example when i come back from work in approximately 6 and a half hours we should be able to fit more on

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#135 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 3:24 PM
I think I get what you mean but still don't picture how everything we need is gonna fit in such a tiny lot. The market places I know are usually not huge but still a tad bit bigger. But you may prove me wrong with your example.
Wiki Wizard
#136 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:38 PM
Ok well this was just a quick work up of what i had in mind for these town centres, i couldn't find the stands you were using Lana so i had to make my own stands using tables and random objects anyway, it is all very ugly, bit this is what i had in mind:

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#137 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:49 PM
I see better now thanks. Not bad for a quick work up Well, it's definitely something nice for our town but we'll maybe need a bigger square too where townies meet for chess etc... otherwise where are our old people gonna meet for a Pelota or a petanque! They'll be lost :P

Edit I'll try to see if we can have both.
#138 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:58 PM
Just wanted to share the latest screenshot of the Swordfish Bar & Grill. I did some more landscaping as Lana suggested. Hope you like it.

I like the location of the town square. It kinda reminds me of the marketplace in Aladdin, surrounded by buildings like that.
Wiki Wizard
#139 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:04 PM
Oooh i do like it with the new landscaping, looks great! One thing that has been bugging but until now i have only realised what it is, is the roof colour, that is very un-Mediterranean, it could do with being a red tiled roof

EDIT: also lana, i do not mind how you work it, you are group leader, that was just a suggestion

#140 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:06 PM
Thanks, DD. We did think of giving it the orange shingled roof but decided to use the metal one instead. Check out the earlier pages of this thread to see what it looks like.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#141 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:13 PM
It looks wonderful now Try a different kind of red maybe for the roof maybe darker.

DD, it's a great suggestion and we'll definitely use these plazas, they'll look really nice with the kind of intricate town we're creating. I'll see how I can make everything fit.

What do you all think of these new buildings ideas for the ouskirts/mountains: a vineyard/windmill, a gypsy camp, a disused/haunted building that the rebel youth use as a squat to tell scary stories?
#142 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst

What do you all think of these new buildings ideas for the ouskirts/mountains: a vineyard/windmill, a gypsy camp, a disused/haunted building that the rebel youth use as a squat to tell scary stories?

Those would be great, Lana. I especially like the idea of a local hangout for rebellious teenagers. Maybe some of the wealthier sims could own the vineyard.

I changed the Swordfish Bar roof, by the way:

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#143 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:41 PM
The darker red add more interesting contrasts IMO but I may be wrong.
Wiki Wizard
#144 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:51 PM
oooh i dunno, i am torn as to what roof looks best the metal one looks very beachy, but the red one looks more Mediterranean :/ Are you using WA? If so try using that dynasty roof, or the french one that is new, they might provide a good inbetween

#145 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 6:51 PM
Sorry, I don't have WA yet and won't be able to try them. I can't decide which I like better either...lol.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#146 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 11:37 PM
Either one is fine by me. The decision is yours

Sleepyrose, have you found time to work on your lot? I can't wait to see our 1st residential lot being brought to life .
Forum Resident
#147 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 12:19 AM
Ok, here I am with the 1st residental lot
It's not quite finished, because I would like your input... and I think if the lot is going to be connected to the plaza, it might be nice if the outside floor tiles match.

So here's what I have:

Front:

Please let me know what you think about the windows.

Top view:

Delux, does this look any better?

Downstairs:

I tried to make it look like there are shops and storage underneath the house. The items come from the buydebug, as you can also see in the next picture. It made more sense to use these items, because they're free.
For the floor, can anyone suggest a terrain paint that fits our theme, or does anyone know a tutorail on how to make terrain paints? It keeps the costs down, but I don't really think the ones in the game fit our theme.

Top Floor:

Living Area:

Kitchen:

Bedrooms and Bathroom:

Side and back of the house:

Coutyard:

This is not quitre ready, because I'm still curious to how it's going to fit into the map. Is the back going to be connected to the courtyard? If so, then I'd like to use the same flooring.

Ok, let me know what you think... if it's good enough, what I should change, etc.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#148 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 1:25 AM
That looks fabulous I love the girly interior and the shop thing is looking really nice! The only thing I would change is the roof, too symmetrical, and he kind of doesn't match the left and right windows.

I'll look for the terrain paints. For the parks floor, I'll probably use the one I wrote on the 1st thread. Anyway it's not a big change to make if needed to coordinate everything. My plan is not entirely over but as for now I can already tell you that your lot will probably not be facing but be just besides one of the little market places like DD did on the previous posts and your back will face another back probably, so you may want to close it, make a little courtyard maybe . I still have to work on it, try to picture how everything is going to look and make the right proportions etc. I'll tell you more asap.
#149 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 3:07 AM
The house is beautiful, Sleepyrose. I like the big windows and think they're perfect for an art studio. I also like that you used different shades of Talula's favorite color. It gives the place a personal touch.
Wiki Wizard
#150 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 7:45 AM
OMG! :o that looks like a million times better sleepyrose, it is beautiful now!! :lovestruc One thing to improve, it would be nice to see a tree to the right at the front of the house, you could use the same style tree as the one at the back of the house

Page 6 of 51