Replies: 1093 (Who?), Viewed: 259826 times.
Page 10 of 44
Instructor
Original Poster
#226 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 4:20 PM
No. That is not what it says.
Banned
DELETED POST
26th Oct 2011 at 12:46 AM
This message has been deleted by Extensa5420. Reason: Deleting my posts
Instructor
DELETED POST
Original Poster
26th Oct 2011 at 2:56 AM
This message has been deleted by M3g7e.
Instructor
#227 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 2:15 PM
I'm back ^^ Finally ^^ I haven't been playing too much recently, nor have I been updating my blog, because school kept me busy.But this weekend I hope I'll have more time for this challenge ^^
Well, i just finished the first round of my game game and started the second one, which up until now was a very tragic one for one of my serf families.But the serfs aren't exactly my favorite ones to play with (or write about) so I won't complain (even if i actually feel sorry for them ... ).

I also added two more families and I've got a new favorite one ^^ I had a lot of fun playing with the noble family of d'Albon, but unfortunately Gotelana died and I don't think there is any available unmarried young lady around for the charming Marquis of d'Albon.
I updated Guigues and Gotelana's profiles and now I actually like their stories ^^ Hope you'll like them too.
I'll post some information about them here.



Name: Guigues Levieux d'Albon
Born: 1573
Traits: Cold, Secretive, Attractive, Arrogant, Dominating, Intelligent, Brave
Romantic History: Gotelana d'Albon (ex-wife ; deceased), secret affairs with different married ladies
Wife: None
Aspiration: Fortune
Character Alignment: Evil
Rang: Marquis

At first sight, Guigues' romantic looks, with his big blue eyes and messy hair would make it hard for you to read his personality.No one would ever suspect his coldness or arrogance.
Guigues is intelligent, forceful and determined, unlike many nobles of his days, but he's also cruel, vindictive and treacherous.He loves politics, but his character made it difficult for anyone to trust him, so he was banished from the French Court, being forced to live on his domains in the countryside.




Name: Gotelana d'Albon de Parthenay
Born: 1575
Died: 1604 (childbirth)
Traits: Feminine, Charming, Intelligent, Ambitious, Alluring, Fashionable, Materialistic
Romantic History: Jean l'Archevêque de Parthenay (ex-husband ; deceased)
Husband: Guigues Levieux d'Albon
Aspiration: Fortune
Character Alignment: Neutral
Rang: Marquise

In 1590, at age fifteen, Gotelana married Jean l'Archevêque de Parthenay, a rich but old French count.By the age of 20 she was already a charming and filthy rich widow, possessing a castle in the countryside, few residences in Paris and also an unblemished reputation.And she could have lived like this for many years if she wouldn't have met the charming but machiavellian Marquis d'Albon.Everything about him attracted the young widow: his charming voice, his God-like body, his blond hair and, more than anything, hist scandalous reputation around the Court.And somehow, somewhere, into a blend of heated passion and blackmail, the two of them became husband and wife.

If you want to read more about those two or any other family I've created for this challenge (or if you just want to enjoy some Sims 2 pictures), check my blog ^^

http://dark-ages-stories.blogspot.com/
Instructor
Original Poster
#228 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 6:28 PM
Lady Scarlet,

This is made of Pure Win. I love it!!! **wishes I had more time to play!** and **penciling in time to visit your blog**

YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarlet
I'm back ^^ Finally ^^ I haven't been playing too much recently, nor have I been updating my blog, because school kept me busy.But this weekend I hope I'll have more time for this challenge ^^
Well, i just finished the first round of my game game and started the second one, which up until now was a very tragic one for one of my serf families.But the serfs aren't exactly my favorite ones to play with (or write about) so I won't complain (even if i actually feel sorry for them ... ).

I also added two more families and I've got a new favorite one ^^ I had a lot of fun playing with the noble family of d'Albon, but unfortunately Gotelana died and I don't think there is any available unmarried young lady around for the charming Marquis of d'Albon.
I updated Guigues and Gotelana's profiles and now I actually like their stories ^^ Hope you'll like them too.
I'll post some information about them here.



Name: Guigues Levieux d'Albon
Born: 1573
Traits: Cold, Secretive, Attractive, Arrogant, Dominating, Intelligent, Brave
Romantic History: Gotelana d'Albon (ex-wife ; deceased), secret affairs with different married ladies
Wife: None
Aspiration: Fortune
Character Alignment: Evil
Rang: Marquis

At first sight, Guigues' romantic looks, with his big blue eyes and messy hair would make it hard for you to read his personality.No one would ever suspect his coldness or arrogance.
Guigues is intelligent, forceful and determined, unlike many nobles of his days, but he's also cruel, vindictive and treacherous.He loves politics, but his character made it difficult for anyone to trust him, so he was banished from the French Court, being forced to live on his domains in the countryside.




Name: Gotelana d'Albon de Parthenay
Born: 1575
Died: 1604 (childbirth)
Traits: Feminine, Charming, Intelligent, Ambitious, Alluring, Fashionable, Materialistic
Romantic History: Jean l'Archevêque de Parthenay (ex-husband ; deceased)
Husband: Guigues Levieux d'Albon
Aspiration: Fortune
Character Alignment: Neutral
Rang: Marquise

In 1590, at age fifteen, Gotelana married Jean l'Archevêque de Parthenay, a rich but old French count.By the age of 20 she was already a charming and filthy rich widow, possessing a castle in the countryside, few residences in Paris and also an unblemished reputation.And she could have lived like this for many years if she wouldn't have met the charming but machiavellian Marquis d'Albon.Everything about him attracted the young widow: his charming voice, his God-like body, his blond hair and, more than anything, hist scandalous reputation around the Court.And somehow, somewhere, into a blend of heated passion and blackmail, the two of them became husband and wife.

If you want to read more about those two or any other family I've created for this challenge (or if you just want to enjoy some Sims 2 pictures), check my blog ^^

http://dark-ages-stories.blogspot.com/
Field Researcher
#229 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 8:03 PM
I hate to say it, but you've lost another player. Not that I ever actually played.

I'm just getting nowhere with it, even after eight months, and I don't think I ever will get anywhere - it's way too frustrating trying and even if I did come up with something that would work for me, it would be too far removed from the original. I'm starting to feel like I have to play medieval if I want to participate at all, and that would drive me up the wall before you could say VTOS.

So, after eight months of fruitless struggling, Officially Goodbye from VT.

*grumble grumble, don't like giving up*

Kulo Seeri - Home of the Nuidya Tribe
"Not SimNation and Proud"
Instructor
Original Poster
#230 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:03 PM
Visit my journal here at MTS for updates and previews of 1.3, which is still in progress. I hope to have the revised version ready before Thanksgiving, but that may be a bit ambitious. In my first long entry, I've previewed character construction for you--and I got some really interesting results. Makes me wish I weren't stuck with stodgy old King Harold. He may have to meet with an untimely accident. *hm ta-tiddly-hmm* (whistles and looks at the sky ...)

For sure, you can expect to see:

1. An Adoption Behavior, with rules
2. A more developed Tax Code for those who are interested in establishing a self-sufficient economy
3. Lots of reorganizing of information to make the charts less cluttered and easier to read
4. More information on neighborhood set up and getting started
5. More detailed discussion of the role of the Church, and how it fits into the Challenge.

I know there will be more ... but none of the changes will measurably alter the sense or spirit of 1.2, so no worries about how the revision will affect any games in progress.
Field Researcher
#231 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 12:50 AM
I may have thrown in the towel as far as this challenge goes, but your new additions seem like a great way of doing things and I will still make sure to get my hands on a copy of 1.3 when it's released. (VT needs MORE dice tables!) Your example royal family sounds very interesting - maybe you could start a side hood or something to play them in?

By the way: Permission to adapt some of your random charts and rolls for strictly personal use? I won't be uploading any changes I make, so you don't have to worry about me violating your new policy, but I think they would be a good way for me to spice up my own game. (My new hoods usually seem to end up with ten childless couples... ) I'm already working on creating a few of my own, but you've done such a good job on Warwickshire that I'd like to use some aspects of it as inspiration... if that's OK with you. I'm fairly certain it still is, but I just thought I'd check.

- VT

Kulo Seeri - Home of the Nuidya Tribe
"Not SimNation and Proud"
Banned
DELETED POST
13th Nov 2011 at 4:19 PM
This message has been deleted by Extensa5420. Reason: Deleting my posts
Instructor
Original Poster
#232 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 4:02 AM
Hi, everyone: just dropping in briefly to let you know that I am still working on the revised version, which will be 2.0 when it is finally ready. Since this is taking me a bit longer than I'd hoped, I have made 1.2 available again in the interim, along with a teaser of 2.0. Just check the head post for the links.


Cheers!
Field Researcher
#233 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 10:26 PM
2.0 sounds like it's going to be made of incredible, although I can't say I (or my printer) look forward to printing out the finished product. I may give it a VT-style attempt once I've read through the whole thing.

Here's a bucket load of appreciation for all the hard work you've put into the Warwickshire Challenge. 1) keep up the good work and 2) boy, do I wish I had the attention span to create things like this myself. I really admire you. *looks around for that "bucket load of appreciation" smilie, can't seem to find it... hmm.*

- VT

Kulo Seeri - Home of the Nuidya Tribe
"Not SimNation and Proud"
Test Subject
#234 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 9:52 AM
Ohh noo!! I'm near the end of the translation of your awesome rules in french and here it come the 2.0.... WOOOOT :D
Instructor
#235 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 4:54 PM
Well, I can't wait to see the revised version of this challenge ^^ By the way, louhema, I would love to see the rules translated in French ^^

I started playing this challenge again, because it's the only one that keeps things interesting for me (I easily get bored playing with the same sims too long and with this challenge that never happens ; I also love seeing so many kids, because they make everything so complicated ^^ ).But updating the blog keeps me too busy ... and sometimes it's so boring ... >.> Don't get me wrong ... I love imagining things about my bunch of simmies and writing stories about them, but ... sometimes I run out of ideas and I'm afraid I will repeat myself ...
Even so, I have my favorite family (the House of d'Albon) and I love writing about them ^^ They remind me of a book I once read ... and make me a little dreamy ^^"

Well, if someone's interested, here's the link to my blog
http://dark-ages-stories.blogspot.com/

And a short update here, with my favorite family ^^


Guigues' new wife, Marie Victoire de Noailles


Name: Marie Victoire de Noailles

Born: 1586

Traits: Materialistic, Stubborn, Curious, Superficial, Emotional, Idealistic, Spoiled, Childish

Romantic History: At the French Court, Marie Victoire was admired and desired by many nobles, but she remained a pure girl for her husband (or she managed to keep her affairs secret).

Husband: Guigues Levieux d'Albon

Aspiration: Popularity

Character Alignment: Neutral

Rang: Born as a Countess, she later married into the House of d'Albon and became a Marquise.

Even if her mother was a well known courtesan in the French Court and her father was one of her mother's ex-lovers, this thing didn't seem to bother or embarrass young Marie Victoire.She grew up accustomed to the luxury in the Royal Palace and became used to be served and respected by everyone as the old King's protegee.After the King's death and before King Philip's crowning, her mother sensed the troubles that were going to arrive for her and her daughter, so she sold her properties in and around Paris and left, sending, at the same time, her daughter in a Convent.Few years later, when everything was calmer and everyone seemed to have forgotten all the scandalous gossips about her affairs, Marie Victoire's mother, Marie-Françoise, arrived at the court as the new Countess de Bournonville.But the courtesan's plans for her daughter were different from a chaste life spent in an Ursuline Convent, so she arranged her daughter's marriage with the recently widowed Marquis d'Albon.

If you want to find out more about Marie Victoire and her life with her husband, you have to check my blog ^^
Banned
#236 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 12:08 AM
Default The Warwickshire Renaissance Challenge Spreadsheet
After working on this project for weeks, I think I can finally publish my spreadsheet.

Click here to download the spreadsheet.

Click here to download or view the PDF handbook to go along with the workbook.

I must add that the Charts of Chance are not fully functional yet; they are still under construction. Some are missing data; some are unfinished; some do not function normally as they should. For the charts of the 1.2 version of the challenge, you may have to overload M3g7e with millions of questions on how to play this game challenge properly. (It does have rules, and contrary to what the OP says about having this game challenge more of a "gameplay style", it is more of a severely restricted gameplay style.) Then again, that may be because it is 1.2, which leaves little room for free will. Hopefully, version 2.0 will leave more room for free will and the player's whimsical choices.

Important: The Excel workbook also requires Microsoft Word 2010 to open. Opening with 2007 may reduce some functions, and opening with even earlier editions may be entirely incompatible.
Instructor
#237 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 8:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extensa5420
After working on this project for weeks, I think I can finally publish my spreadsheet.

Click here to download the spreadsheet.

Click here to download or view the PDF handbook to go along with the workbook.

I must add that the Charts of Chance are not fully functional yet; they are still under construction. Some are missing data; some are unfinished; some do not function normally as they should. For the charts of the 1.2 version of the challenge, you may have to overload M3g7e with millions of questions on how to play this game challenge properly. (It does have rules, and contrary to what the OP says about having this game challenge more of a "gameplay style", it is more of a severely restricted gameplay style.) Then again, that may be because it is 1.2, which leaves little room for free will. Hopefully, version 2.0 will leave more room for free will and the player's whimsical choices.

Important: The Excel workbook also requires Microsoft Word 2010 to open. Opening with 2007 may reduce some functions, and opening with even earlier editions may be entirely incompatible.


Thank you so much ^^ It will help us a lot, I'm sure ^^ (well, at leats in my case, now that the children are teenagers and are going to get married and move in other houses).

Well, I played a little more those days ^^ Some tragedies happened in my game (the Crown Prince died of Measles), but mostly just good stuff occurred (there are finally teenagers in my families! ^^ ).
The last chapter about the Royal family ^^
http://dark-ages-stories.blogspot.c...-1608-1612.html
Banned
#238 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 1:00 AM
I admit that Excel workbook contains some flaws. Here is all of them:

(1) The Excel workbook works best with Microsoft Excel 2010. Compatibility is very important. Using earlier editions of Microsoft Excel may lose some key functions or may become completely unusable.

(2) The formulae that I have used are based on assumptions, some of which are described in the PDF file. These assumptions are based on the player's gameplay style. Assuming that the player's gameplay style is consistent with the assumptions, then I think the workbook can be used more efficiently.

(3) The Charts of Chance worksheet is incomplete on my part and M3g7e's. During the making of this workbook, I have to highlight many inconsistencies, impracticalities, missing data, and indescript data. Because of this, I fear that the Charts of Chance worksheet is next to useless. The only chart on that worksheet that actually works according to plan is the first one, thus far.

(4) If you see an error anywhere on the worksheet or the value does not come out correctly, please notify me as soon as possible and I'll try to correct it as soon as possible.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
3rd Jan 2012 at 8:23 AM
This message has been deleted by lisail.
Instructor
Original Poster
#239 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 10:34 PM
Default Version 2.0 Now Available for Download!
Hi, all--the long awaited 2.0 is now available! I am really excited about it--this is as fully finished as I think I can make this challenge. At this point the only future revisions I foresee are minor corrections to errors, and so forth. So, those of you have the fortitude (you're going to need it), or the printer ink (double that necessity! ), enjoy the playstyle/challenge!

I am releasing the challenge in two file formats. The MS Word doc is fully navigable, allowing you to move through the document quickly if you prefer to use it on your laptop or other computer. If you just want to print it out, the pdf is probably the way to go.

Version2.0 PDF

Version 2.0 docx
Field Researcher
#240 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 2:21 PM
Once again, a huge bucket load of appreciation for all the hard work you put into this challenge. I think you are one brilliant Simmer (although I doubt my printer will agree).

- VT

Kulo Seeri - Home of the Nuidya Tribe
"Not SimNation and Proud"
Instructor
Original Poster
#241 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 9:13 PM
Aww ... thanks VT I know you're gonna love the new dice tables! And all the new ways to be subversive ...

Lady Scarlet, I love, love, love your characters and story line. Keep it coming!! I keep telling myself how I need to go in and take pictures and write profiles, etc. --- soon, I swear, I'll get this going. Too much on my list!!!
Field Researcher
#242 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 9:21 PM
I most certainly do love it... oddly, having more stuff actually makes it seem easier to work with... so you can expect to see a VTOS'd Warwickshire 2.0 hood popping up... er, some time in the future, can't guarantee how soon. Lots of work to do on another hood first, but it's Project #2 for sure.

- VT

Kulo Seeri - Home of the Nuidya Tribe
"Not SimNation and Proud"
Lab Assistant
#243 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 1:36 AM
uh mah gawd ( and Im sure being an english teacher that just about drove you off your head ) but thats the only thing I could think of when I clicked on the rules pdf. You have put SO much effort into just the production of that document that I am in awe. From the first line I thought this simmer must be very edumacated ( lol ) and then I read down the next page to see that I was right ! just doesnt cut it but I will say it anyway - Good job ! Lady Scarlet I am going to check out your blog but in the meantime I just wanted to say your pics look stunning and they make me a little jealous because I do not think I could ever create such beautiful sims that fit an era so very well.

Follow along with the residents of Tesime on the Test of Time Challenge http://www.simslifeandtimes.blogspot.com/
Tesime Family Tree
Instructor
#244 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 9:00 PM
M3g7e I'm so glad you still read my stories ^^ I realle hope you will have some more time to update your blog too.And, of course, thanks for the newest version of this challenge.I simply love it, because now the things are a little more clear (even if I still believe that I can't follow all the rules and I change some of them ^^" ).

I just updated my blog and there are some problems in Paradise ... ^^ Hope you'll enjoy those chapters too, because those are my favorite families (and the d'Albons).
http://dark-ages-stories.blogspot.com/

Some photos ^^

Madame Royale, Princess Blanche de Croy.


Baroness Francoise de Valois.


The Crown Prince
Instructor
Original Poster
#245 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 3:45 AM
Aww--the crown prince looks a mite lonesome. I can't wait to read the new chapters! btw I did post a teensy update on the website--it is under Shires, though and not the storyline. You can meet the Chandler family there, which I am still working on. Michael Chandler, the candlemaker, moonlights as a criminal: he is an evil sim with a fortune aspiration. I am rolling every day to see if he gets caught stealing. Yikes. So far ... he's been able to be sly, but his successes are few. I plan to limit the amount of stock he can sell in the shop to the amount of money he's able to earn as a thief, and the amount of money he can make selling honey from hives in the back yard. I hate for merchants to have unlimited stock from maxis land--just ain't realistic enough for my taste.

Thanks for the updates!! :D
Instructor
#246 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 1:57 PM
Well, the Crown Prince is a little ... inapt for his title, but I think that's what makes everything more interesting (because his parents are just too perfect >.> they adore each other, they love their children ... there are no mistresses, no illegitimate children and no conspiracies >.> ).I just can't wait for the children to grow up and start their own lives ^^
Also, I love your update about the Chandler family ^^

I juts love my simmies too much to kill them ... every time I have to roll to see if a mother survives the birth or a baby becomes a toddler I cross my fingers and hope that everything will be fine ^^"
I have to get back to my game ^^ Please write more on your blog, I love reading it ^^
Instructor
Original Poster
#247 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 4:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Scarlet
I juts love my simmies too much to kill them ... every time I have to roll to see if a mother survives the birth or a baby becomes a toddler I cross my fingers and hope that everything will be fine ^^"


Actually, I am a very BIG softie and I really hate to do those rolls--I force myself to them, and when one fails, it's all I can do to go through with the consequences. Alysone Chandler rolled to die in childbirth yesterday, but Michael plead for her and thankfully, won her life back. They had a little girl ... more on the blog soon.

I finished reading all of your story--enthralling. I especially love the little crown prince and his sullenness. He is very poignant to me, and he has a beautiful face. Also, your d'Albon family fascinates me. Beyond that, I am very, very worried for Marcelet--please update what has happened with him and the baby!
Instructor
#248 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 8:22 PM
I can't wait to read more on your blog ^^

Well, I have to admit, not everything that happens in my game is interesting and I also don't have enough time, so ... I can't update my blog very often and I also avoid writing everything that happens in a new post.But ... here's a trick ^^ Just check the family's profile (I update that after every round).Now Marcelet has a new wife, a stepson and another son who will probably be the family's heir (if he survives).If I find enough images I'll write a chapter about him today ^^
I also have a little surprise (for you and for any other person who reads my stories): there are gonna be elves in the neighbourhood.I know that elves aren't exactly something that you'll find in French mythology, but I really wanted something fantasy for my game (and I have something quite intriguing in my mind about their future interactions with humans ; I was also a little bored with the simple Medieval life that most of my simmies live now and I wanted something a little different).I'll write something about them too on the blog ^^
About the d'Albon family ... well, they fascinate me too.But I have to admit that when I created Guigues and Gotelana (his first wife) I was thinking about Angélique de Sancé de Monteloup and her cousin/second husband Marquis Philippe du Plessis-Bellières ^^" Even if they turned to be something quite different ... (this two characters are from my favorite books, Angélique, Marquise des Anges).Unfortunately, Guigues' new wife makes awful children (the twins aren't beautiful at all, unlike his first two daughter and two sons, who are so charming ... XD )
Not to forget about the Crown Prince ... Well, he's not exactly my favorite right now (I consider him a little boring as a child, even if I have big plans for him as an adult), because I really loved his older brother, Charles (but he rolled 20 and there was no way to save him ... ).
Instructor
Original Poster
#249 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 9:38 PM Last edited by M3g7e : 14th Jan 2012 at 6:02 PM. Reason: Update
Ah ... so sad. Well, I will go and check out Marcelet's new family.

I am working on the Marchand family. Have character profiles posted for most of the family members, and stories are coming soon--the first of which will be about Margaret, Henri's older sister. May get that posted before the weekend.

OK--so I now have the new Marchand story and a Chandler family story posted. Both are available on the website--just go to Shires, you'll see the family names. Margaret Marchand's story is under her profile on the Households page for the Marchand family.
Instructor
#250 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:49 PM Last edited by Lady Scarlet : 22nd Jan 2012 at 9:01 PM.
I just love your story about Margaret Dernier (she's my favorite one and I can't wait to read more about her).
I just created one more noble house in the neighborhood I wanted some diversity and I had a great story in my mind), so I updated my blog with a new profile.I think the next chapter will be about them (I got a little too excited about this ^^" ).

Here's a sample of my new idea


Name: Joffrey de Peyrac de Morens d'Irristru
Born: 1589
Traits: Enigmatic, Righteous, Impulsive, Fearless, Charming, Sagacious, Secretive
Romantic History: Symonne de Peyrac (affair)
Wife: None
Aspiration: Fortune
Character Alignment: Virtuous
Rang: Count of Toulouse, Prince of Aquitaine

Being a crack shot, a first-rate swordsman, and with his profound knowledge, Joffrey is often known as The Great Lame Devil of Languedoc. While those who feared and envious of him referred to him as The Sorcerer.
If you want to read more, just check my blog ^^

http://dark-ages-stories.blogspot.c.../de-peyrac.html

Edit later

I just finished writing the chapter about Joffrey de Peyrac and Alesia d'Albon's wedding story ^^ I promise there will be more, because I have my mind full of ideas for them.
http://dark-ages-stories.blogspot.c...dding-1616.html
Page 10 of 44
Back to top