Replies: 556 (Who?), Viewed: 152178 times.
Page 22 of 23
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#526 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 12:05 PM
Hi there! Could you be more specific on how you went to make the career you're making right now? It could be many things causing it, that's why i'm asking
Alchemist
#527 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 6:01 PM
I followed the tutorial, but the career doesn't show up (I deleted it already to try again from scratch). So I put the available example Tennis career (so not the one I made myself) in my game to see if that shows up, but it doesn't.
Custom careers by Missyhissy do show up. So I'm wondering what's wrong with the premade Tennis Career?
What do I need to do to make it show up in game?
Is there a limit on how many custom careers you can put in game?

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once (SimFileShare)
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project (finished): The School Project (Completed)
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Facebookpage: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Test Subject
#528 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 2:58 PM
I have a question if anyone is still around. I made my very first career, everything went well so I put two sims to go through it and test it. However after level 2 the career titles and career explanations for each level stopped showing on the female sim. They show normally on my male. I went through the tutorial thinking I may have missed a line somewhere but everything is there! Where am I going wrong?
Alchemist
#529 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 3:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1gercat
I have a question if anyone is still around. I made my very first career, everything went well so I put two sims to go through it and test it. However after level 2 the career titles and career explanations for each level stopped showing on the female sim. They show normally on my male. I went through the tutorial thinking I may have missed a line somewhere but everything is there! Where am I going wrong?


Have you used Bidou career editor (or something like that. I know it as Bidou)?

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once (SimFileShare)
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project (finished): The School Project (Completed)
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Facebookpage: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Test Subject
#530 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:08 PM
I'm trying to make my own career but I'm stuck in the last step, when you have to put both package folders on the game and run it to compy the number that will appear on the rabbithole.
The thing Is that I click the RabbitHole (Bistro) but it doesn't appear any option. I've followd stricltely all the steps and I don't know what I should have done wrong. Anyone can help me?
Test Subject
#531 Old 19th May 2018 at 8:05 PM
Can I use hidden skills on the careers?? Bc i wanted to use the dancing skill on my career but i dont know if it will count or not as a skill
Test Subject
#532 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:23 PM
I'm trying to make a career. I followed the steps all the way through three times but each time I got to the very last step (editing the STBL) the JoinCareerNoCareer line isn't there. I've done this three times from stratch and the same thing happens, so I must be doing something wrong, but I can't work out what.
Test Subject
#533 Old 31st May 2018 at 2:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh999
I'm trying to make a career. I followed the steps all the way through three times but each time I got to the very last step (editing the STBL) the JoinCareerNoCareer line isn't there. I've done this three times from stratch and the same thing happens, so I must be doing something wrong, but I can't work out what.


I just finished doing this. It will be the second line (01) on the right side of the screen when you click on your unhashed keys/English. It will be the second option on the edit screen. If you don't see it, you may have to cut and paste it from the instruction page back into your notepad files.
Test Subject
#534 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabershadowkat
I just finished doing this. It will be the second line (01) on the right side of the screen when you click on your unhashed keys/English. It will be the second option on the edit screen. If you don't see it, you may have to cut and paste it from the instruction page back into your notepad files.


I managed to solve my problem by following Thomas Riordon's instructions. However before I did this the line wasn't there in the STBL editor. Only the first and last lines were there.
Inventor
#535 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotarikoOne
I'm trying to make my own career but I'm stuck in the last step, when you have to put both package folders on the game and run it to compy the number that will appear on the rabbithole.
The thing Is that I click the RabbitHole (Bistro) but it doesn't appear any option. I've followd stricltely all the steps and I don't know what I should have done wrong. Anyone can help me?


I realise this is late and you may have solved this already but as you hadn't received an answer yet, I'll ask anyway. Did you receive a script error? There's quite possibly a typo in the code that is stopping the career from showing up. A script error will often let you know where the typo can be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryCaos
Can I use hidden skills on the careers?? Bc i wanted to use the dancing skill on my career but i dont know if it will count or not as a skill


Yes, you can. I've used the Snowboarding hidden skill with no adverse effects

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#536 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 2:56 PM
Hello

I know this is an ancient thread and I'm not particularly expecting a response but I thought it was worth a try. I've followed Creon's tutorial about 5 times, using both his and Thomas Riordan's methods for the STBL file and I just can't get my career to show up in game at all. I have Twallan's Careers mod installed and I've had other people's custom careers working no problem. I was wondering if someone would be willing to look over my career package and tell me where I'm going wrong? For what it's worth, I'm completely new to making my own mods (this is my first attempt) and I also know next to nothing about coding so I really am fumbling in the dark here!

Thanks in advance for any replies
Inventor
#537 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 5:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehoghale
Hello

I know this is an ancient thread and I'm not particularly expecting a response but I thought it was worth a try. I've followed Creon's tutorial about 5 times, using both his and Thomas Riordan's methods for the STBL file and I just can't get my career to show up in game at all. I have Twallan's Careers mod installed and I've had other people's custom careers working no problem. I was wondering if someone would be willing to look over my career package and tell me where I'm going wrong? For what it's worth, I'm completely new to making my own mods (this is my first attempt) and I also know next to nothing about coding so I really am fumbling in the dark here!

Thanks in advance for any replies


Hello there!
You're more than welcome to share your file and I'll look it over for you. Have your received any script errors? They can often tell you what might be the problem, or at least where the problem is!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#538 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 8:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhissy
Hello there!
You're more than welcome to share your file and I'll look it over for you. Have your received any script errors? They can often tell you what might be the problem, or at least where the problem is!


Amazing thank you so much! I've attached the file and the script error. I've probably done something really daft...
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar Nobility.Career.rar (100.8 KB, 5 downloads)
File Type: rar ScriptError_DESKTOP-4NKI1T1__07-14-2020__16-38-20__238AD152.rar (757 Bytes, 3 downloads)
Inventor
#539 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehoghale
Amazing thank you so much! I've attached the file and the script error. I've probably done something really daft...


Okay, found your issue. The rabbithole should be CityHall, not TownHall. It's not showing up because the game doesn't recognise the rabbithole type
The script error wasn't related to your career in the end

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#540 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyhissy
Okay, found your issue. The rabbithole should be CityHall, not TownHall. It's not showing up because the game doesn't recognise the rabbithole type
The script error wasn't related to your career in the end

Hey!
Thanks so much for looking. I've tried changing the rabbithole to CityHall but it's still not showing up. I don't suppose you have any other genius insights? No worries if not.
Inventor
#541 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 9:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehoghale
Hey!
Thanks so much for looking. I've tried changing the rabbithole to CityHall but it's still not showing up. I don't suppose you have any other genius insights? No worries if not.


Looking through again, there's a couple of tiny things that might be causing the problems:

1) You've still got some BLANKs in the Nobility.Career file. <HasBoss>BLANK</HasBoss>, <CoworkerTitle>BLANK</CoworkerTitle> and <CoworkerMetricTitle>BLANK</CoworkerMetricTitle>.
2) At Level 6, there's a typo that I can almost guarantee is causing a problem. <CarpoolTypeTaxi</CarpoolType> needs to become <CarpoolType>Taxi</CarpoolType> because the code isn't being read due to the missing '>'.
3) Level 8 is missing a carpool: <CarpoolType>BLANK</CarpoolType>. While I doubt it's causing a problem, I thought it may have been an oversight.

I see no other glaring issues, but I think it's most like point 2) that's causing it not to show up

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#542 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 11:51 PM Last edited by bonbonxoxx : 5th Sep 2020 at 1:14 AM.
Hey y'all! Hope I'm posting this in the right spot, I'm hoping to create an NPC Role Career mod. So something that functions like mixologists or musicians do. Where if you place one of those objects on a community lot someone will go to work there. Are there any tutorials to create a "career" like this? I can only find rabbithole career tutorials. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be amazing. Also on that note - if there are any tutorials on how to make an object a "role-giving" object. I would be very grateful, thanks.
Field Researcher
#543 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 2:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbonxoxx
Also on that note - if there are any tutorials on how to make an object a "role-giving" object. I would be very grateful, thanks.


Your idea is interesting! It reminds me of the Downtown roles mod . This thread might not be the best to get further help on your idea, as I understand it is mostly focused on rabbithole part-time and full-time careers. But you should definitely start your own thread and mention the Downtown Roles mod, hopefully it sparks some insights from the modding community!
Test Subject
#544 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 10:47 PM
I'm creating my first career and I have a problem with the "Editing the Careers file" part. As I open my career in Notepad it doesn't show up clean and easily read as shown in the tutorial. It shows up with weird symbols and I can't find anything!
Example: DBPF   6   ž“À.ÍP 70214830780050.dllɧjéŠJy Tennis.Careersñä’/kFî Tennis.TonesèeK!M
Î Strings Tennis UnhashedKeysJÄ(ò w_tennisä2ñçTìL) w_simple_tennis_career_s@aHuÐ=  Strings Tennis EnglishÂ×6C;& TennisCareer_Pic_s¯ôüÕײÕ TennisCareer_Pic‡xMÏP Strings Blank English;yFΔïk Strings Blank UnhashedKeysúG±¶“‰Z
Blank.Careers Û¾Êa‰ * Blank.Tonesü>å’=h Blank_Pic¢çˆÛöz3 Blank_Pic_s;â$9lç Janitor.Careersi ÿ0¿²ï
Janitor.Tonesž®?pZÊÈÐ 04478201920501.dllút«wäMÈ.
CareerJanitorˆk,¸\9ú JanitorBobby_PicM‡¹àG JanitorBobby_Pic_sñoFýŸÅLù Janitor_Pic§7måÁÝ5ì
Janitor_Pic_s‰PNG

Um... Help??
Field Researcher
#545 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 1:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsmore
I'm creating my first career and I have a problem with the "Editing the Careers file" part. As I open my career in Notepad it doesn't show up clean and easily read as shown in the tutorial. It shows up with weird symbols and I can't find anything! [...] Um... Help??


Please confirm that this is the way you proceed:
1) Open your custom career package file in S3PE.
2) From inside S3PE, right click on the XML file that ends with ".Careers" for instance "Accountant.Careers"
3) A menu should show up and all the way to the bottom you should see "Notepad". Click on it.
4) The content of the ".Careers" file should now show up properly.

The tutorial means to open the career in S3PE's internal "notepad" feature. Fingers crossed that it solves your problem!
Test Subject
#546 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 11:48 AM
@MissPat

Thank you oh wonderful human! It worked! :D
Field Researcher
#547 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 7:01 PM
Test Subject
#548 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 1:07 PM
Okay, I'm back again with more problems. Honestly, I'm not sure I will be able to do this at all. My problem is that my career doesn't follow the normal standard of promotion.
Here's what I'm trying to make: A few "minimum wage" career (for example, a Janitor career) that only gives 5 simoleons an hour. With every promotion you get a 5 simoleon raise, but no new title or carpool. Also, there's no Boss.
These careers are designed to work with Sims 3 storytelling about low-class citizens. Someone who failed school, didn't go to Uni and/or had to take care of their younger siblings rather than practising skills would realistically not be able to start as a scullion in a kitchen and be able to become a star chef. Instead, they have to take what they can.

So... How do I go about it? No boss, no new title, no skills needed etc. The tutorials out there doesn't really cover that :/
Field Researcher
#549 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 9:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsmore
So... How do I go about it? No boss, no new title, no skills needed etc. The tutorials out there doesn't really cover that :/


@MissyHissy has created "Saturday" jobs that are part time careers and that have only one level, some of them fit your gameplay purpose, specifically Community Service.

Twallan also created the one-level part time career "School Janitor". More about that career here: https://missyhissysjobcentre.proboa...-time-jobs-mods.

You could continue to follow the current tutorial to create a full time career with only one level or you could create a part time job with one level like MissyHissy Saturday job careers mentioned above. In that case, there is a Part Time Career Creation Tutorial here: https://missyhissysjobcentre.proboa...hool-activities.
Test Subject
#550 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPat
@MissyHissy has created "Saturday" jobs that are part time careers and that have only one level, some of them fit your gameplay purpose, specifically


No, I really want these jobs to be everyday and quite time consuming (as real life and because I apparently am a sadist to my Sims). Maybe even redo some of EA's part time jobs as long everyday careers (The lowest levels ofc like "Gravedigger" and "Clothes folder")

I just wish there was like and active chat because the tutorials tend to skip between segments and my autism requires quite precise instructions.
Page 22 of 23
Back to top